SGI: Development

Nekoware-current - Page 2

schleusel wrote:
neko_cdrtools-2.01.01a11.tardist Joerg Schilling's CD/DVD writing tools.

neko_xcdroast-0.98alpha15.tardist GUI frontend for the cdrtools.

neko_cdrdao-1.2.1.tardist disk-at-once cd-copying/recording tool

schleusel, you be da man a da week ! I'll try these out saturday for sure, merci beaucoups !!
I put the dvdrtools package in and am more than happy to see it become obsolete. Nice work, schleusel! I'll try the CD-R capability tomorrow morning.

Thank you.
schleusel wrote:
neko_xcdroast-0.98alpha15.tardist GUI frontend for the cdrtools.

Hello Schleusel, what is the package/release for neko_gdk_pixbuf.sw.lib which you're actually using as dependency on neko_xcdroast-0.98alpha15.tardist? ...It seems that I can't find the right tardist here.
Thanks a lot by your nice work, regards,
Diego

Octane / Dual Head

http://twitter.com/GeekTronixShop
GeneratriX wrote:
Hello Schleusel, what is the package/release for neko_gdk_pixbuf.sw.lib which you're actually using as dependency on neko_xcdroast-0.98alpha15.tardist? ...It seems that I can't find the right tardist here.

oups, sorry, i fixed that prereq now.. I should finally learn not to keep package versions installed that never got uploaded :-)
schleusel wrote:
GeneratriX wrote:

oups, sorry, i fixed that prereq now.. I should finally learn not to keep package versions installed that never got uploaded :-)

Oh, thanks a lot Timo!; now everything has sense again. I was browsing fast to find these package! :P ...I'll download the new package to try again. What should be the first server having it uploaded?
Regards,
Diego

Octane / Dual Head

GeneratriX wrote:
I'll download the new package to try again. What should be the first server having it uploaded?

it is on nekochan already. The first mirror to have it will likeley be dexter's (tudelft.nl). All the other mirrors sync off that one i think. Not sure how often dexter syncs currently.. twice a day?
schleusel wrote:
GeneratriX wrote:
I'll download the new package to try again. What should be the first server having it uploaded?

it is on nekochan already. The first mirror to have it will likeley be dexter's (tudelft.nl). All the other mirrors sync off that one i think. Not sure how often dexter syncs currently.. twice a day?

Cool!; thanks again by the nice stuff to work! Greetz,
Diego

Octane / Dual Head

Not wanting to miss out on the renaissance in nekoware upgrades I put together the following 2-12's

neko_glib-2.12.2
neko_gimp-2.2.12

The glib rebuild fixes my long standing problem with GIMP (ie. I couldn't load any files with a memory error, in fact I couldn't even build GIMP until I replaced glib).
They're in /beta. Please give them a whirl. :)
squeen wrote:
Not wanting to miss out on the renaissance in nekoware upgrades I put together the following 2-12's

neko_glib-2.12.2
neko_gimp-2.2.12

The glib rebuild fixes my long standing problem with GIMP (ie. I couldn't load any files with a memory error, in fact I couldn't even build GIMP until I replaced glib).

Cool! Only issue I can see off the bat is that none of the prereqs are taken into account for the GIMP plugins in /usr/nekoware/lib/gimp/2.0/* - let's take one at random:

Code:
[Mai:gimp/2.0/plug-ins] neko 16# ldd ./tiff
libgimpui-2.0.so.1  =>   /usr/nekoware/lib/libgimpui-2.0.so.1
libgimp-2.0.so.1  =>     /usr/nekoware/lib/libgimp-2.0.so.1
libgimpwidgets-2.0.so.1  =>      /usr/nekoware/lib/libgimpwidgets-2.0.so.1
libgimpmodule-2.0.so.1  =>       /usr/nekoware/lib/libgimpmodule-2.0.so.1
libgimpcolor-2.0.so.1  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libgimpcolor-2.0.so.1
libgimpbase-2.0.so.1  =>         /usr/nekoware/lib/libgimpbase-2.0.so.1
libtiff.so.3  =>         /usr/nekoware/lib/libtiff.so.3
libjpeg.so  =>   /usr/nekoware/lib/libjpeg.so
libgtk-x11-2.0.so.1  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.1
libgdk-x11-2.0.so.1  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.1
libatk-1.0.so.1  =>      /usr/nekoware/lib/libatk-1.0.so.1
libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.1  =>       /usr/nekoware/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.1
libpangocairo-1.0.so.1  =>       /usr/nekoware/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.so.1
libpangoft2-1.0.so.1  =>         /usr/nekoware/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.1
libpango-1.0.so.1  =>    /usr/nekoware/lib/libpango-1.0.so.1
libcairo.so.3  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libcairo.so.3
libpixman.so.1  =>       /usr/nekoware/lib/libpixman.so.1
libXrender.so.1  =>      /usr/nekoware/lib/libXrender.so.1
libX11.so.1  =>  /usr/lib32/libX11.so.1
libpng12.so.0  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libpng12.so.0
libglitz.so.2  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libglitz.so.2
libfontconfig.so.2  =>   /usr/nekoware/lib/libfontconfig.so.2
libexpat.so.1  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libexpat.so.1
libfreetype.so.7  =>     /usr/nekoware/lib/libfreetype.so.7
libz.so  =>      /usr/nekoware/lib/libz.so
libm.so  =>      /usr/lib32/libm.so
libgobject-2.0.so.1  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.1
libgmodule-2.0.so.1  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.1
libglib-2.0.so.1  =>     /usr/nekoware/lib/libglib-2.0.so.1
libintl.so.4  =>         /usr/nekoware/lib/libintl.so.4
libiconv.so.3  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libiconv.so.3
libc.so.1  =>    /usr/lib32/libc.so.1
libCsup.so  =>   /usr/lib32/libCsup.so
libC.so.2  =>    /usr/lib32/libC.so.2
libCio.so.1  =>  /usr/lib32/libCio.so.1
libXext.so  =>   /usr/lib32/libXext.so

Granted, some of those are recursive but there's a lot more there than the package is allowing for at present ;)

All Rights Reserved.
At least the following is needed

Code:
[o2k]:/usr/nekoware/lib/gimp/2.0 $ ~root/nekotool.php -l ./
Found 10 files under ./.
Investigating 32 *.so libs
Investigating 20 subimages
prereq (
neko_atk.sw.lib 4 maxint
neko_cairo.sw.lib 4 maxint
neko_expat.sw.lib 3 maxint
neko_fontconfig.sw.lib 3 maxint
neko_freetype2.sw.lib 3 maxint
neko_gettext.sw.lib 2 maxint
neko_gimp.sw.lib 5 maxint
neko_glib.sw.lib 7 maxint
neko_glitz.sw.lib 2 maxint
neko_gtk.sw.lib 6 maxint
neko_lcms.sw.lib 114 maxint
neko_libiconv.sw.lib 2 maxint
neko_libpixman.sw.lib 2 maxint
neko_libpng.sw.lib 3 maxint
neko_libxrender.sw.lib 2 maxint
neko_pango.sw.lib 7 maxint
neko_zlib.sw.lib 6 maxint
)

These are only the libs. Also needed is python and maybe perl?.

Oh. i have take a look to the spec file. From my point of few some more is missing. The neko_gimp.sw.eoe need also "neko_gimp.sw.lib 5 maxint" as a dependancy, otherwise someone 'can' install the binaries without the needed libs.

Code:
[o2k]:/usr/nekoware/lib/gimp $ cp /usr/nekoware/bin/gimp /tmp/gimp/
[o2k]:/usr/nekoware/lib/gimp $ ~root/nekotool.php -b /tmp/gimp/
Found 1 files under /tmp/gimp/.
Investigating 32 *.so libs
Investigating 20 subimages
prereq (
neko_atk.sw.lib 4 maxint
neko_cairo.sw.lib 4 maxint
neko_expat.sw.lib 3 maxint
neko_fontconfig.sw.lib 3 maxint
neko_freetype2.sw.lib 3 maxint
neko_gettext.sw.lib 2 maxint
neko_gimp.sw.lib 5 maxint
neko_glib.sw.lib 7 maxint
neko_glitz.sw.lib 2 maxint
neko_gtk.sw.lib 6 maxint
neko_libart.sw.lib 2 maxint
neko_libiconv.sw.lib 2 maxint
neko_libpixman.sw.lib 2 maxint
neko_libpng.sw.lib 3 maxint
neko_libxrender.sw.lib 2 maxint
neko_pango.sw.lib 7 maxint
neko_zlib.sw.lib 6 maxint
)

regards
Joerg

All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote:
I never could get nekotool to work here - just complains about improper usage of grep :/

Its my nekotool. php :). I hacked some php for a easier living :)

Cool! Only issue I can see off the bat is that none of the prereqs are taken into account for the GIMP plugins in /usr/nekoware/lib/gimp/2.0/* - let's take one at random:

Code:
[Mai:gimp/2.0/plug-ins] neko 16# ldd ./tiff
libgimpui-2.0.so.1  =>   /usr/nekoware/lib/libgimpui-2.0.so.1
libgimp-2.0.so.1  =>     /usr/nekoware/lib/libgimp-2.0.so.1
libgimpwidgets-2.0.so.1  =>      /usr/nekoware/lib/libgimpwidgets-2.0.so.1
libgimpmodule-2.0.so.1  =>       /usr/nekoware/lib/libgimpmodule-2.0.so.1
libgimpcolor-2.0.so.1  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libgimpcolor-2.0.so.1
libgimpbase-2.0.so.1  =>         /usr/nekoware/lib/libgimpbase-2.0.so.1
libtiff.so.3  =>         /usr/nekoware/lib/libtiff.so.3
libjpeg.so  =>   /usr/nekoware/lib/libjpeg.so
libgtk-x11-2.0.so.1  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.1
libgdk-x11-2.0.so.1  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.1
libatk-1.0.so.1  =>      /usr/nekoware/lib/libatk-1.0.so.1
libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.1  =>       /usr/nekoware/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.1
libpangocairo-1.0.so.1  =>       /usr/nekoware/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.so.1
libpangoft2-1.0.so.1  =>         /usr/nekoware/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.1
libpango-1.0.so.1  =>    /usr/nekoware/lib/libpango-1.0.so.1
libcairo.so.3  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libcairo.so.3
libpixman.so.1  =>       /usr/nekoware/lib/libpixman.so.1
libXrender.so.1  =>      /usr/nekoware/lib/libXrender.so.1
libX11.so.1  =>  /usr/lib32/libX11.so.1
libpng12.so.0  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libpng12.so.0
libglitz.so.2  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libglitz.so.2
libfontconfig.so.2  =>   /usr/nekoware/lib/libfontconfig.so.2
libexpat.so.1  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libexpat.so.1
libfreetype.so.7  =>     /usr/nekoware/lib/libfreetype.so.7
libz.so  =>      /usr/nekoware/lib/libz.so
libm.so  =>      /usr/lib32/libm.so
libgobject-2.0.so.1  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.1
libgmodule-2.0.so.1  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.1
libglib-2.0.so.1  =>     /usr/nekoware/lib/libglib-2.0.so.1
libintl.so.4  =>         /usr/nekoware/lib/libintl.so.4
libiconv.so.3  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libiconv.so.3
libc.so.1  =>    /usr/lib32/libc.so.1
libCsup.so  =>   /usr/lib32/libCsup.so
libC.so.2  =>    /usr/lib32/libC.so.2
libCio.so.1  =>  /usr/lib32/libCio.so.1
libXext.so  =>   /usr/lib32/libXext.so

Granted, some of those are recursive but there's a lot more there than the package is allowing for at present ;)

Believe it or not, with maybe the exception of pixmap/glitz, all those are in or prereq's of neko_gtk. (BTW, the last packing had no prereq's listed :) )
Perhaps other plugins are different. I'll take a look next week.

EDIT:

I resisted listing perl/python since the package will function without plugins or scripting. Again, same as last 4 versions. Also, the self dependacies is something I also had never added before and purposly left out in the first nekoware issue (but thought I had added in this case...hmmm...probably forgot the apply button inn swpkg!).
squeen wrote:
I resisted listing perl/python since the package will function without plugins or scripting.

isn't it possible to package the plugins in neko_gimp.sw.plugins and then do let that one have the dependencies on perl & python?

If youe apps neko_foobar have a dep to neko_foo and neko_bar and you only add neko_foo to the deps because neko_foo already have a dep to neko_bar this isnt the right way.

If your neko_foo is a older package it might be possible that its also referering to lower version of the package as your current application neko_bar is link against.

whiter wrote:
squeen wrote:
I resisted listing perl/python since the package will function without plugins or scripting.

isn't it possible to package the plugins in neko_gimp.sw.plugins and then do let that one have the dependencies on perl & python?

Sounds like a good idea but next questions is make it sence to mark this package as a default one. Also a questions how usabe gimp comes without these plugins.

regards
Joerg

neko_glib-2.12.2
neko_gimp-2.2.12

That's strange, I never got the memory error before.

Just installed glib-2.12.2 and am now get the memory error (cannot load any files). I also get the memory error in foetz's gimp-2.2.12 build with this new glib.

Reverting back to glib-2.8.4 fixed the problems.

Apple iBook G4, 1.2ghz G4, ATI 9200, 768MB RAM, 80GB.
HP c8000, 1.1Ghz Dual Core PA-8900, ATI FireGL X3, 6GB RAM, 2x73GB
thunng8 wrote:

Just installed glib-2.12.2 and am now get the memory error (cannot load any files). I also get the memory error in foetz's gimp-2.2.12 build with this new glib.

I was wondering why more folks weren't complaining about the GIMP being broken. I have 2 systems (an Octane and Tezro) runing 6.5.29 that had the same memory error problem. What version of OS are you using? Again, I'm wondering if a serious incompatability exists!?! Oh, also I'm compiling with 7.4.4m. Anyone else with and experience to share?

@joerg: About prereqs: If an app as a prereq of GTK like the GIMP does, I do not feel it is a good idea to add all of GTK's prereq's to the GIMP. That's the way all the original nekoware wer packaged.
squeen wrote:
@joerg: About prereqs: If an app as a prereq of GTK like the GIMP does, I do not feel it is a good idea to add all of GTK's prereq's to the GIMP. That's the way all the original nekoware wer packaged.

Haeh?
All libs which are shown from a ldd foo.so have to be in the prereqs. No more and no less. Thats the way how sgis swpkg works and i hope the most of our packages used it in this ways.

regards
Joerg

I was wondering why more folks weren't complaining about the GIMP being broken. I have 2 systems (an Octane and Tezro) runing 6.5.29 that had the same memory error problem. What version of OS are you using? Again, I'm wondering if a serious incompatability exists!?! Oh, also I'm compiling with 7.4.4m. Anyone else with and experience to share?

I had the same issue ages ago with an older glib/gimp combination. It appeared after i updated my ex-Octane from EMXI to V6 and hence updating parts of the os installation. Thinking the update simply wasn't perfectly complete i took the safe route and did an 'install same' of the complete os installation. That fixed it.. looking back i'm beginning to think this could be the rqs issue, chervarium covered again lately: http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?t=10959

The current build works great for me so far, thanks :-)

Quote:

i'm seriously prefering the route of adding all linked shared libs as direct prereqs. The above way of indirect prereqs will always be less robust (and more error-prone) unless you make sure the package you inherit the prereqs from really has the currently installed package of the .so in question as prereq (and not some older package version)..

And isn't actually a lot more work to separate all indirect prereqs that way too?
squeen wrote:
thunng8 wrote:

I haven't had any problems with GIMP (that I can see anyway) - I also have your new glib installed with no visible issues. IRIX 6.5.29 on a Fuel here.

All Rights Reserved.