SGI: Development

Nekoware-current - Page 9

nekonoko wrote: Do we have anything in /beta that can be moved to /current? Looks like some stuff has been in there a while now.

I have http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?p=90238#90238 in my mind.

Someone reportet minor errors with about xchat-2.6.8. I used it here on my fuel and the basic stuff works. IIRC the problem was also reportet on other platforms as well... i would like to say move it into current. There is no other package which depends on neko_xchat. So if someone dont like the package he can use the older one.

And moving the other packages would be save except the 3 from above.

regards
Joerg
joerg wrote: And moving the other packages would be save execpt the 3 from above.

Sounds good - I left those three in /beta and moved the rest. Thanks!
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
joerg wrote: Somewhere reportet minor errors with about xchat-2.6.8. I used it here on my fuel and the basic stuff works. IIRC the problem was also reportet on other platforms as well... i would like to say move it into current.

As noted here:

http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?t=12691

... the UI in xchat 2. 6. 8 is (admittedly on all platforms) quite horribly broken - so even if this package does match the latest release, it's still no good for actual use. Please could it be moved back to beta until upstream get their heads in gear?

Cheers,

stuart

Edit: Sorry, I meant xchat 2.6.8, not xchat 2.8.
stuart wrote:
joerg wrote: Somewhere reportet minor errors with about xchat-2.6.8. I used it here on my fuel and the basic stuff works. IIRC the problem was also reportet on other platforms as well... i would like to say move it into current.

As noted here:

http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?t=12691

... the UI in xchat 2.8 is (admittedly on all platforms) quite horribly broken - so even if this package does match the latest release, it's still no good for actual use. Please could it be moved back to beta until upstream get their heads in gear?

Cheers,

stuart

We have version 2.6.8 here in nekoware..... and the basic stuff is working. I only have one window which is connectet to serveral servers.

But it can be stay in /beta when its not usable for you.

regards
Joerg
I have updated the following
neko_fftw-3.1.2 - C subroutine library for Fourier transform

The software can be compiled for supporting up to 3 different datatypes/precision? (float, single, double)....but for unknown reasons you can only choose one at a time. The binaries and libs comes with a small suffix, so i have decided to compile it 3 times to get all 3 versions. I stumble across this after reading the danger from the deep thread.

regards
Joerg
You're welcome, and thank you for the tip!
PB
Octane R14k 600MHz, V6, 2048 MB RAM, 73GB HD0, 18GB HD1, 73GB HD2
Quick FYI:

I just (re-)installed neko_gimp from /current and I noticed that it (still) lacks the dependency on libart in the tardist. I thought I recalled someone posting about this issue in the past, but I couldn't find it.
ipaddict wrote: Quick FYI:

I just (re-)installed neko_gimp from /current and I noticed that it (still) lacks the dependency on libart in the tardist. I thought I recalled someone posting about this issue in the past, but I couldn't find it.

I don't think anyone's touched that package in a long time. Volunteers are welcome :)
All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote:
ipaddict wrote: Quick FYI:

I don't think anyone's touched that package in a long time. Volunteers are welcome :)

That's probably why it's been a problem nearly every time I've installed it; of course, I never remember the dependency issue until I install on a clean disk and get the ld errors. I'll get a new tardist built and in /incoming this afternoon sometime.
pub_bronx wrote: Hello,
I've just uploaded links2 .
My first published tardist... Hoping that everything will be ok.
PB

Yay, links! I love this browser, actually used it for quite a while exclusively. It's good to have it or irix!
As for the packaging, I miss spec and idb files. They usually come in "distribution files" folder I think. Being quite new in packaging, I'll welcome corrections, but this seems to be implied by Packaging_Software wiki page.
ant_39 wrote: Yay, links! I love this browser, actually used it for quite a while exclusively. It's good to have it or irix!
As for the packaging, I miss spec and idb files. They usually come in "distribution files" folder I think. Being quite new in packaging, I'll welcome corrections, but this seems to be implied by Packaging_Software wiki page.

Really ? Ok, I'll give it a look tonight, and upload the corrected version.
Thanks for the feedback!
PB
pub_bronx wrote:
ant_39 wrote: Yay, links! I love this browser, actually used it for quite a while exclusively. It's good to have it or irix!

Really ? Ok, I'll give it a look tonight, and upload the corrected version.
Thanks for the feedback!
PB

Oups, you were right! I'm currently uploading a new archive. To clarify the difference with the previous one, I've introduced a tardist release number ( -1 in this current case). OK with that (this is related to this page ) ?
PB
Could someone update the 'descript.ion' for the beta directory?

It has "neko_spl.tardist" when the file is named 'neko_spl-1.0rc3.tardist' and "neko_links-2.1pre26.tardisrt" when the file is named 'neko_links-2.1pre26-1.tardist'.

Cheers!
Uploaded:

neko_nmap-4.20.tardist

I've tested the command line and GUI and both seem to be working well. The GUI is now GTK2 based (more dependancies) but it's an optional install.
All Rights Reserved.
Thanks neko.
Uploaded:

neko_mysql-5.0.12.tardist

This is a repack of joerg's 5.0.24 tardist using the compilation instructions and scripts he provided for that release. 5.0.12 is the last known fully working 5.0.x version under IRIX and is the same version I've used to power Nekochan's forums, blog and wiki (since late 2005). 5.0.24 has some serious crash bugs when used in conjunction with PHP apps and I want to get it out of the Nekoware distribution ASAP.
All Rights Reserved.
ipaddict wrote: That's probably why it's been a problem nearly every time I've installed it; of course, I never remember the dependency issue until I install on a clean disk and get the ld errors. I'll get a new tardist built and in /incoming this afternoon sometime.

I had some time to tackle it this evening; did a minor version bump to 2.2.13 (current stable) and updated the dependancy list. It's now in /beta.
All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote:
ipaddict wrote: That's probably why it's been a problem nearly every time I've installed it; of course, I never remember the dependency issue until I install on a clean disk and get the ld errors. I'll get a new tardist built and in /incoming this afternoon sometime.

I had some time to tackle it this evening; did a minor version bump to 2.2.13 (current stable) and updated the dependancy list. It's now in /beta.

Thank neko. My apologies for slacking on this one.
ipaddict wrote: Thank neko. My apologies for slacking on this one.

Oh, no problem at all - joerg's 'nekoprereq' script made it a breeze. I figured I'd knock it out of the way while updating a couple other packages.
All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote: Uploaded:

neko_mysql-5.0.12.tardist

This is a repack of joerg's 5.0.24 tardist using the compilation instructions and scripts he provided for that release. 5.0.12 is the last known fully working 5.0.x version under IRIX and is the same version I've used to power Nekochan's forums, blog and wiki (since late 2005). 5.0.24 has some serious crash bugs when used in conjunction with PHP apps and I want to get it out of the Nekoware distribution ASAP.

... and this is already obsolete. The mysql folks isolated the issue with mysql that caused the crashing bug under IRIX; I was able to get mysql-5.0.33 up and running without an issue. I'll remove the package from /beta ;)
All Rights Reserved.