SGI: Development

Nekoware-current - Page 11

I guess admin has it not yet added - buts in the incoming dir ;)
I also added neko_windowmaker-0.92.0-r1 coz my first version has a bug (I lost /etc, shoot me for that).
However there is yet an unresolved issue, when you go in windowmaker which works very well the tiff images have all a black background and no transparent one.
So doesnt matter what Style of color /theme you have the images have always a black background.
It can be fixed if you choose .xpm images instead of the .tiff ones which are also in the same package.
I dont know if this has sth to do with the neko_tiff package, maybe we need an update here *huh*

2 other packages I uploaded yesterday are:
neko_windowmaker_extra thats a quite small one with some extra stuff.
And neko_wmakerconf a powerful configuration utility ;)

If anyone has a suggest on this tiff image problem then tell me ;)
Therion wrote:
However there is yet an unresolved issue, when you go in windowmaker which works very well the tiff images have all a black background and no transparent one.

I remember encountering this a while ago (2004!) on Gentoo on Linux. I've managed to dig out the Bugzilla entry:

http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=75316

... which points to a patch at:

http://bugzilla.remotesensing.org/show_bug.cgi?id=718

... which no longer seems to be online :(

So far as I can tell, libtiff-3.7.1 (which is also the Nekoware version) has a transparency bug. The latest release seems to be 3.8.2, which is unaffected.
Hmm

Sad well maybe we should figure out what all links against tiff and compile a newer version ;)
Hi all,

I have fixed gnu binutils, as best of my knowledge, it should be ok.
This will give linker and assembler to people who dont have MIPSpro.
I have also added xbill to my area Pete has given me.

Cheers,

Regan

Anybody compiled gaim 1.5.0 sucessfully?

I get always:

Quote:
source='perl.c' object='perl.lo' libtool=yes \
DEPDIR=.deps depmode=sgi /bin/sh ../../depcomp \
/bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --tag=CC --mode=compile c99 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -DVERSION=\"1.5.0\" -I../.. -I../../src -I/usr/nekoware/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/nekoware/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/nekoware//include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/nekoware/include/cairo -I/usr/nekoware/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/nekoware/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/nekoware/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/nekoware/include/freetype2 -I/usr/nekoware/include -I/usr/nekoware/include/libpng12 -D_BSD_SIGNALS -D_BSD_TYPES -D_BSD_TIME -woff 1009,1110,1184 -OPT:Olimit=0:space=ON -DLANGUAGE_C -DEMBEDMYMALLOC -I/usr/share/lib/perl5/irix-n32/5.00405/CORE -I/usr/nekoware/include -I/usr/include -O3 -mips4 -I/usr/nekoware/include -TARG:platform=IP35:proc=r14000 -c -o perl.lo perl.c
cc-1020 c99: ERROR File = perl-common.h, Line = 28
The identifier "pTHX_" is undefined.

void gaim_perl_callXS(void (*subaddr)(pTHX_ CV *cv), CV *cv, SV **mark);
^

cc-1018 c99: ERROR File = perl-common.h, Line = 28
An unmatched left parentheses "(" appears in an expression.

void gaim_perl_callXS(void (*subaddr)(pTHX_ CV *cv), CV *cv, SV **mark);
^

cc-1020 c99: ERROR File = perl.c, Line = 215
The identifier "pTHX_" is undefined.

gaim_perl_callXS(void (*subaddr)(pTHX_ CV *cv), CV *cv, SV **mark)
^

cc-1018 c99: ERROR File = perl.c, Line = 215

gaim_perl_callXS(void (*subaddr)(pTHX_ CV *cv), CV *cv, SV **mark)
^

cc-1020 c99: ERROR File = perl.c, Line = 220
The identifier "aTHX_" is undefined.

(*subaddr)(aTHX_ cv);
^

cc-1018 c99: ERROR File = perl.c, Line = 220

(*subaddr)(aTHX_ cv);
^

cc-1164 c99: WARNING File = perl.c, Line = 406
Argument of type "const char *" is incompatible with parameter of type "char *"

XPUSHs(sv_2mortal(newSVpv(package, strlen(package))));
^

6 errors detected in the compilation of "perl.c".
gmake[3]: *** [perl.lo] Fehler 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/people/therion/comp/MIPS/gaim-1.5.0/plugins/perl'
gmake[2]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/people/therion/comp/MIPS/gaim-1.5.0/plugins'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/people/therion/comp/MIPS/gaim-1.5.0'
gmake: *** [all] Fehler 2

Sadly Im not skilled enough in C :(
I know there is gaim 2.x.x but its buggy and I dont know how it works to you guys but it crashes immediadly to me if I try to connect with my jabberd thru TLS.
Therion wrote:
...but it crashes immediadly to me if I try to connect with my jabberd thru TLS.

This is a known issue, IIRC.
Alver 's working on an updated gaim-2 built against a fixed version of libgcrypt (which is what causes the jabber crash).

I've successfully built gaim-1.5.0 from pkgsrc ( search for my posts on using pkgsrc on IRIX) and that works fine for jabber... just not for MSN.

<sigh>
Thats good

couldnt you build it against nekoware libs and pack it for us?
I know about pkgsrc but didnt manage to get the environment done - got some problems in building with MIPSpro some packages.
Many packages seem to fail either.
Stuart : gaim 1.5.0 contains a few MSN related bugs that were discovered long after the 2.0 beta series were released. They're not going to be fixed, all development effort is directed at getting a 2.0 stable released.

Therion : The 2.0.0 betas aren't buggy really :) there's just that nasty crash in libgcrypt... but that's not gaim related at all.

I've been promising to get a fresh package up for a long time, but work + flu have been holding me back... my apologies :oops:

Stuart : gaim 1.5.0 contains a few MSN related bugs that were discovered long after the 2.0 beta series were released. They're not going to be fixed, all development effort is directed at getting a 2.0 stable released.

Therion : The 2.0.0 betas aren't buggy really :) there's just that nasty crash in libgcrypt... but that's not gaim related at all.

I've been promising to get a fresh package up for a long time, but work + flu have been holding me back... my apologies :oops:

I see that sounds good, no problem ;)
I'd like to help if I can, though dont know how.
As I told Im not enough C experienced to fix all these compiling errors, but if you think I can help then feel free to contact me :)
Well, it's been half a century since I promised I'd do it, but I finally got to it:

neko_libgcrypt-1.2.4 - finally no more crashing in Jabber/TLS! I've kept some people waiting for this one for a long time (innit stuart ;) ) but I hope it was worth the wait.

I have a build of beta6 ready, but it seems like it's not ready for release yet. Still, beta5's jabber/TLS works fine now. Enjoy!

gerard

Not a problem at all - glad to help! I've moved the bind tardist over to /current - thanks for testing it out. Moved to /current.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Uploaded neko_postfix-2.5.3.tardist to /beta.
All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote: Uploaded neko_postfix-2.5.3.tardist to /beta.

Upgraded this morning (couldn't even wait for dester1's mirror to sync, sorry !) and my normal bushels of spam seem to be coming thru fine. Btw, I don't see how these people make any money enlarging penises. All you have to do is tie some yarn around it then hang a brick off that.
Cool, thanks for giving it a run :) I'll move it over to /current - been using it here since yesterday afternoon myself.

As for spam, Postgrey does help a lot - still get a few 419/lottery e-mails that actually retransmit instead of dropping the connection right after the send, but it filters out nearly all of the drug pushers.
All Rights Reserved.
Added neko_mm-1.4.2.tardist to /beta; a shared memory allocation library I'm test driving with PHP.

Edit: Also added neko_python-2.5.2.tardist .
All Rights Reserved.
added neko_paraview323.tardist to incoming.

Can you please move to beta

Cheers

Comp
competentcompton wrote: Can you please move to beta

Done, thanks!
All Rights Reserved.
Can anyone fix the inkscape package please? Based on the test from cybercow the simple fix works. Just need to update a soft link to point to the newer libperl.so

Code: Select all

ln -s /usr/nekoware/lib/perl5/5.8.8/irix-n32/CORE/libperl.so /usr/nekoware/lib/libperl.so

I introduced this link and am pretty sure it is used by inkscape only so nothing else should be affected.
:Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Octane2:
I've uploaded the following updated packages to /incoming

neko_atk-1.23.5.tardist, neko_cairo-1.6.4.tardist, neko_curl-7.19.0.tardist,
neko_glib-2.18.0.tardist, neko_gtk+-2.14.1.tardist, neko_libpixman-0.11.10.tardist,
neko_pango-1.20.5.tardist

This is the first time I've compiled packages for nekoware, so, please, let me know what I missed ;)

Common things appear to be working, e.g. gimp, but I would appreciate any assistance in testing to make sure this hasn't broken other packages.
:Octane2: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O3x0: :Indigo2IMP: