SGI: Development

Nekoware-current - Page 7

foetz wrote:

Found that, thanks :) .

Guess I just wanted to point out that the description says "no dependencies".
dj wrote:
foetz wrote:

Found that, thanks :) .

Guess I just wanted to point out that the description says "no dependencies".

That seems to be a common issue. I've come across a few tardists on that list that were like that, too. It's easiest if you just nekosync up and install from a common inst directory (if you have the disk space).
nekonoko wrote:
neko_firefox-1.5.0.8 is now in /beta. Probably the last MIPSpro Firefox build for the foreseeable future (from me at any rate) due to code changes in the 2.0 release.

Okay, figured out the Firefox-2.0 problems and new static MIPSpro build is in 'beta'. Better late than never :)

All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote:
Okay, figured out the Firefox-2.0 problems and new static MIPSpro build is in 'beta'. Better late than never :)

Brilliant! Works beautifully so far, thanks :-)

gtk1 or gtk2 based?
squeen wrote:
It's working nicely for me as well. Thanks much Neko!

gtk1 or gtk2 based?

It's GTK1; GTK2 is just too slow under IRIX. Can't make a static build as easily either.

All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote:
It's GTK1; GTK2 is just too slow under IRIX. Can't make a static build as easily either.

Agreed, I was just thinking about gnash. Nice to see the GTK1 option is still supported.
Thanks in no small part to Alvers tardist building guide, I've built my first tardist! :D

It's a build of RubyGems 0.9.0. Is there somewhere I can upload it for you guys to test?

Thanks!
ipaddict wrote:
Thanks in no small part to Alvers tardist building guide, I've built my first tardist! :D

It's a build of RubyGems 0.9.0. Is there somewhere I can upload it for you guys to test?

Thanks!

Welcome to the club,

IIRC Pete's FTP have an incomming directory where you can upload your stuff. If you like you can also send me your stuff so i can take a look to it and upload it into /beta.

regards
Joerg

In the past, I've simply built RubyGems and managed it in /opt, but this (rather trivial) build seems to be working just fine out of /usr/nekoware on my Origin and my Octane2.

Thanks Joerg and Alver!
ipaddict wrote:
Give it a shot and let me know what breaks. :wink:

I get a conflict :

Code:
Also install neko_ruby.sw.eoe (2 -2147483647) and neko_ruby.sw.lib (2 - 2147483647) from an additional distribution -- insert another CD or specify another software distribution.
hamei wrote:
ipaddict wrote:
Give it a shot and let me know what breaks. :wink:

I get a conflict :

Code:
Also install neko_ruby.sw.eoe (2 -2147483647) and neko_ruby.sw.lib (2 - 2147483647) from an additional distribution -- insert another CD or specify another software distribution.

Hmm... do you have neko_ruby installed?
ipaddict wrote:

Thought so but maybe it's b0rken :-( I had some "issues" with a famous product a while back, some things got smunched. Will have to check next weekend, time to head back to prison.
hamei wrote:
ipaddict wrote:

Thought so but maybe it's b0rken :-( I had some "issues" with a famous product a while back, some things got smunched. Will have to check next weekend, time to head back to prison.

It may not be you that's borked - it is my first package. :-/
ipaddict wrote:
hamei wrote:
ipaddict wrote:

It may not be you that's borked - it is my first package. :-/

The package is good.... it needs neko_ruby version 2 and thats what inst reportet. I cant see the problems.... Hamei have to install or update his neko_ruby.

regards
Joerg

You're right, mine was busted. But since I never use it I may just remove the thing ...
hamei wrote:
joerg wrote: Hamei have to install or update his neko_ruby.

You're right, mine was busted. But since I never use it I may just remove the thing ...

Such a beautiful language, too. :cry:

I won't hold it against you. :wink:
ipaddict wrote: Such a beautiful language, too. :cry:

Freudian sloop - just had the Assistant do a google images for "ace bandage". Now, you'd think that would be a nice clean topic, wouldn't you ?
hamei wrote:
ipaddict wrote: Such a beautiful language, too. :cry:

Freudian sloop - just had the Assistant do a google images for "ace bandage". Now, you'd think that would be a nice clean topic, wouldn't you ?

Before the Internet got to it, I'm sure it was a fine topic. :wink:
Second-hand Octane on ebay......................................$300
mencoder and ffmpeg from nekoware................................$0
Nekochan.net annual fees....................................................$0

Making cross platform movies from IRIX.............*priceless*.

today is a good day :)
thanks all