SGI: Development

Nekoware-current - Page 14

I'll give them a go when I get home today.

-Jesse

Code:
$ firefox
116578123:/usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-2.0.0.22pre/firefox-bin: rld: Fatal Error: attempted access to unresolvable symbol in /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-2.0.0.22pre/firefox-bin: sqlite3_enable_shared_cache

... and:

Code:
$ ldd /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-2.0.0.22pre/firefox-bin
libm.so  =>      /lib32/libm.so
116541784: 17:12:57 /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-2.0.0.22pre/firefox-bin: rld: Fatal Error exit/longjmp: Cannot Successfully map soname 'libsmime3.so' under any of the filenames ../../dist/bin/libsmime3.so:/usr/nekoware/lib/libsmime3.so:/lib32/libsmime3.so:/usr/lib32/libsmime3.so:/usr/lib32/internal/libsmime3.so:/opt/lib32/libsmime3.so:
116541784:/usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-2.0.0.22pre/firefox-bin: rld: Fatal Error: Cannot Successfully map soname 'libsmime3.so' under any of the filenames ../../dist/bin/libsmime3.so:/usr/nekoware/lib/libsmime3.so:/lib32/libsmime3.so:/usr/lib32/libsmime3.so:/usr/lib32/internal/libsmime3.so:/opt/lib32/libsmime3.so:

... now I'm not sure that the first error exactly aligns with the second (since the warning is of an unresolvable symbol rather than a missing library, and the firefox script sets its own LD_LIBRARY*PATH variables).

Infact, with LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH set to "/lib32:/usr/lib32:/usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-2.0.0.22pre", and with 'ldd' reporting:

Code:
$ ldd firefox-bin
libm.so  =>      /lib32/libm.so
libsmime3.so  =>         /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-2.0.0.22pre/libsmime3.so
libssl3.so  =>   /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-2.0.0.22pre/libssl3.so
libnss3.so  =>   /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-2.0.0.22pre/libnss3.so
libnssutil3.so  =>       /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-2.0.0.22pre/libnssutil3.so
libsoftokn3.so  =>       /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-2.0.0.22pre/libsoftokn3.so
libXt.so  =>     /usr/lib32/libXt.so
libsqlite3.so  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libsqlite3.so
libxpcom_compat.so  =>   /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-2.0.0.22pre/libxpcom_compat.so
libmozjs.so  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-2.0.0.22pre/libmozjs.so
libxpcom.so  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-2.0.0.22pre/libxpcom.so
libxpcom_core.so  =>     /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-2.0.0.22pre/libxpcom_core.so
libplds4.so  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-2.0.0.22pre/libplds4.so
libplc4.so  =>   /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-2.0.0.22pre/libplc4.so
libnspr4.so  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-2.0.0.22pre/libnspr4.so
libpthread.so  =>        /usr/lib32/libpthread.so
libdl.so  =>     /usr/lib32/libdl.so
libgtk-1.2.so.1  =>      /usr/nekoware/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.1
libgdk-1.2.so.1  =>      /usr/nekoware/lib/libgdk-1.2.so.1
libgmodule-1.2.so.1  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libgmodule-1.2.so.1
libglib-1.2.so.1  =>     /usr/nekoware/lib/libglib-1.2.so.1
libintl.so.9  =>         /usr/nekoware/lib/libintl.so.9
libXext.so  =>   /usr/lib32/libXext.so
libX11.so.1  =>  /usr/lib32/libX11.so.1
libsocket.so  =>         /usr/lib32/libsocket.so
libfastm.so  =>  /usr/lib32/libfastm.so
libCsup.so  =>   /usr/lib32/libCsup.so
libC.so.2  =>    /lib32/libC.so.2
libCio.so.1  =>  /usr/lib32/libCio.so.1
libc.so.1  =>    /lib32/libc.so.1
libgen.so  =>    /lib32/libgen.so       delay-load
libintl.so.4  =>         /usr/nekoware/lib/libintl.so.4
libiconv.so.3  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libiconv.so.3

... I still get:

Code:
$ ./firefox-bin
116579149:./firefox-bin: rld: Fatal Error: attempted access to unresolvable symbol in ./firefox-bin: sqlite3_enable_shared_cache

I'm a little rusty... what have I forgotten to do, here?!

It's worth mentioning that Thunderbird and Seamonkey do work - and even Firefox works for long enough to bring up the user/account selector... but after an option is selected is when the error occurs.

I'm a little rusty... what have I forgotten to do, here?!

Looks like you're picking up an older version of libsqlite3.so (which lacks the symbol) from /usr/nekoware/lib rather than the bundled version. From your post above:

Code:

It should be using the libsqlite3.so from /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-2.0.22pre, which is provided in the following locations:

Code:
neko@Kazehana ~ % versions long | grep libsqlite3.so
f 12405  1390 neko_firefox.sw.lib     usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-2.0.0.22pre/libsqlite3.so
f 33867  1390 neko_seamonkey.sw.lib   usr/nekoware/lib/seamonkey-1.1.18/libsqlite3.so
f 23512  1390 neko_thunderbird.sw.lib   usr/nekoware/lib/thunderbird-2.0.0.23/libsqlite3.so

I don't have libsqlite3.so in /usr/nekoware/lib on my system so I didn't encounter this. If you need sqlite3, it may work to overwrite that library with the newer version provided with the Mozilla installs.

All Rights Reserved.
Seems to be working great for me too. Are you building these with -O2 or -O3?

Thanks for all your hard work!
-Jesse

Edit : not sure if it's my connection or not - Internet speeds in China vary with the whims of the flying people - but the new one seems to be much slower than the prior version. Gonna go backwards to check.
Hello guys... sorry by asking again... but since I did not had any replies at all: -anyone has the actual release for neko_evolution-2.4.2.1.tardist running with IRIX 6.5.30? I just would want to know if it worked for anyone else here, or if I just must forget the idea. Thanks!

Hello guys... sorry by asking again... but since I did not had any replies at all

That's probably a pretty good indication that people aren't using it. Try something like Thunderbird instead.

All Rights Reserved.
Please don't shoot the messenger, has nothing to do with neko's coding skills, this may be something I screwed up and not applicable to anyone else but the latest Firefox on an 800 Fuel, 6.5.30 ran about the same speed as the older one does on my O2 350. Was driving me nuts. I downgraded to the previous version, back to normal.
The latest Firefox works good for me. In my opinion same speed as the neko_firefox-2.0.0.20_opt. (Fuel 600mhz)
Thank you!
GeneratriX wrote: How would you do that?

Diego, I don't want to clutter up this thread so I created a new thread and continued the discussion there.
http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16721846
Mein Führer, I can walk!
nekonoko wrote: Looks like you're picking up an older version of libsqlite3.so (which lacks the symbol) from /usr/nekoware/lib rather than the bundled version. From your post above:

Code: Select all

It should be using the libsqlite3.so from /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-2.0.22pre.

Ah...

Code: Select all

$ showfiles neko_sqlite3.sw.lib
f 51156 1035268 neko_sqlite3.sw.lib   m usr/nekoware/lib/libsqlite3.a
f 43620   850 neko_sqlite3.sw.lib   m usr/nekoware/lib/libsqlite3.la
l     0     0 neko_sqlite3.sw.lib   m usr/nekoware/lib/libsqlite3.so
l     0     0 neko_sqlite3.sw.lib   m usr/nekoware/lib/libsqlite3.so.1
f 10472 463796 neko_sqlite3.sw.lib   m usr/nekoware/lib/libsqlite3.so.1.6
f  2537   260 neko_sqlite3.sw.lib   m usr/nekoware/lib/pkgconfig/sqlite3.pc

I installed neko_sqlite3 recently after a check to see what (if any) libraries were missing, and /usr/nekoware/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/_sqlite3.so has a dependency on /usr/nekoware/lib/libsqlite.so.1.
I've posted neko_openssh-5.3p1.tardist to /beta.

I also put an alternate build in my contrib directory that utilizes the openssl-1.0 beta if anyone (besides myself) is feeling adventurous. The openssl-1.0 beta package (also in my contrib directory) contains a legacy subsystem for openssl-0.9.8 so it shouldn't break anything.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote: I've posted neko_openssh-5.3p1.tardist to /beta.

I upgraded from 5.1p1 to 5.3p1 today, everything looks to be running fine, as far as remote shell and pidgin X tunneling goes :)
nekonoko wrote: I also put an alternate build in my contrib directory that utilizes the openssl-1.0 beta if anyone (besides myself) is feeling adventurous. The openssl-1.0 beta package (also in my contrib directory) contains a legacy subsystem for openssl-0.9.8 so it shouldn't break anything.

I didn't feel brave enough to test these !

Thanks for the updates.
:Onyx2: :O2: :O3x0: :O3x0:
Just a quick note that I've also seen performance problems with the latest Firefox. When running, I've seen cases where my CPU usage jumps to 100% on each processor, with Xsgi also struggling to render the contents of native windows.

However, quitting and restarting Firefox often seems to clear this issue, even when resuming the session and so re-opening the same sites. I've also seen this occur on the very first site opened when freshly started in a new session. Firefox appears to have problems with anything involving text-entry, which appears to be a trigger for these problems.

Even when not misbehaving, Firefox seems noticeably slower than Seamonkey.
stuart wrote: Even when not misbehaving, Firefox seems noticeably slower than Seamonkey.

... although, after reading another thread, I've just installed FlashBlock, AdBlock Plus and NoSript and it's like another application entirely! Whilst still occasionally laggy in places, it's generally fast enough for daily use. Yay!

(Strangely, if I try to install any add-ons into Seamonkey, it always errors-out saying that it can't update the Chrome registry. All the files within my profile are writable (by me) so I'm not sure what's wrong here. Just me again, or some minor issue with neko_seamonkey?)
stuart wrote: (Strangely, if I try to install any add-ons into Seamonkey, it always errors-out saying that it can't update the Chrome registry. All the files within my profile are writable (by me) so I'm not sure what's wrong here. Just me again, or some minor issue with neko_seamonkey?)

I have gotten the same error on a Windows machine with Seamonkey, a wild guess is that this happens when one tries to install a new add-on made for the never Firefox 3 system on an old Semonkey?
I haven't verified my guess with testing but at least the problem is not specific to the Nekoware build of Seamonkey.
Mein Führer, I can walk!
stuart wrote: (Strangely, if I try to install any add-ons into Seamonkey, it always errors-out saying that it can't update the Chrome registry. All the files within my profile are writable (by me) so I'm not sure what's wrong here. Just me again, or some minor issue with neko_seamonkey?)
My guess is that the issue with Seamonkey and add-ons is related to Seamonkey Bug #45701 . I ran across the bug trying to track down similar problems with Seamonkey and AdBlock Plus <follow the link to "Why is it impossible to install Adblock Plus into a SeaMonkey profile?">.

If bug #45701 is the cause of the issue with add-ons, then it would appear the issue is endemic to all platforms where an add-on requires XPCOM <so it's not just the nekoware port>. The bug has "won't fix" status, so a direct resolution probably won't come until the next major revision <Seamonkey 2.0?>.
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
neko_python3-3.1.1.tardist is now in /beta
It does not supersede the current neko_python 2.5 since python3 is not compatible with older versions, hence the different name (python3) and version number (1). You can actually install both side by side.

I've created an account at python.org to issue bug reports so hopefully some IRIX stuff will trickle into the codebase soon.

All modules with dependencies are now separately listed and can be installed separately from the python3 core. Obviously Module zlib and bz2 are very valuable and needed, but only a few have sqlite3 or gdbm so they can opt-out for those modules.

I have sufficient ammo for python 2.6.3. but i rather return to firefox dev stuff. Been too long since i had a good look at that.

Go Blender 2.5, go!

dex
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :O2000: :Onyx2:
European nekoware mirror, updated twice a day: http://www.mechanics.citg.tudelft.nl/~everdij/nekoware
ftp://mech001.citg.tudelft.nl rsync mech001.citg.tudelft.nl::nekoware
I had bit of luck today and got some time to sit down in front of the Tzero. :)
I just installed python 2.5.2, openssh 5.3p1, and the latest firefox & thunderbird.

Everything is working like a charm!
Many thanks to Dex and Nekonoko.