SGI: Development

Nekoware-current - Page 12

I've been testing and reviewing the packages I uploaded and already found some major errors in packaging (jumped the gun, I guess.) I am working on getting everything corrected and will upload those new versions shortly.
:Octane2: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O3x0: :Indigo2IMP:
competentcompton wrote: added neko_paraview323.tardist to incoming.

neko_paraview323 refers to its parts as My Product/My Image/My Subsystem, could you please change that to neko_... and sw.eoe like all(?) other nekoware packages do?
The new XMMS seems to crash on my system when I click the button for random play...but only with music loaded in the playlist. Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,
-Jesse
:Onyx2R: :O3x06R: :ChallengeL: :Onyx: :O2000: :PI: :Octane: :1600SW: :1600SW: :Indigo2IMP: :A350: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: (4x Challenge S)
Yes I have same problem with recent neko_xmms
:O2: R7000/600 576MB Ram CDRW 18+9Gb HDD
http://www.tomosgi.co.cc
There's a current discussion concerning issues with neko_xmms over in the IRIX and Software forum:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16328&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=30
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
Added to /beta:

neko_firefox-2.0.0.17.tardist
neko_seamonkey-1.1.12.tardist
neko_thunderbird-2.0.0.17.tardist
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Added newly released neko_openssl-0.9.8j.tardist to /beta; security advisory here:

http://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20090107.txt

Also neko_bind-9.6.0-P1.tardist ; security advisory here:

https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/bind-an ... 00291.html
All Rights Reserved.
neko_xmms-1.2.11.tardist is now in Beta.

The new version was created in a collaboration between canavan and me.
There is no changes in the binary, only in the typerules and icons.
The New Xmms is now associated to MP3 files and play-lists.

If you Double click one or several MP3 files it will open Xmms, add the files to the playlist and play the first of the added tracks.
Alt-double click does the same but replaces any existing playlist.
The same goes for play-lists in M3U or PLS format.
If you prefer to use a menu, there is now an "Enqueue in Xmms" pop-up menu if you select one or more MP3s and right click. The Alt key works in the same way with the pop menu.
As usual you can also add files to Xmms by drag-and-drop of files or folders containing MP3s.

Some minor changes in the pop-up menu if you right click on the Xmms application icon itself, you can change track , pause etc, this has been there before I just changed some of the menu texts.
There is also brand new nice icons for the MP3 and playlist files.
canavan did a great job on the icons and is the one that should have most credit for the update as he created icons, tweaked some of my typerules and packaged it all.

Enjoy.

//deBug & canavan
Mein Führer, I can walk!
joerg wrote: Well, the following mirros are (currently?) out of orders
1. de.mirror.nekoware.net (Dennis)

that one is back online and up to date again now.. thanks dennis!
joerg wrote: Well, the following mirros are (currently?) out of orders
2. uk.mirror.nekoware.net (Stuart)

Sorry about that... we've just moved offices, and the machine has been powered off since just before Christmas, and happens to be the default server in the default nekosync.conf file! It's now back on, though, so everything should be okay...

joerg wrote: The main mirror doesnt sync anymore since middle august. I already send a mail to Dexter but didnt get any responce yet. The biggest problem is that all others sync against Dexters machine.

uk.mirror.nekoware.net currently syncs from rsync://rsync.nekochan.net/nekoware and so should be current (although having said this, it'll be getting back in sync for the next few hours as it's only just been turned back on, so please don't all hit it at once :) )

Update : All up to date now - sync away!
Xmms works good - shuffle play button now don't cause crash, icon is nice.

But one think: I have problem with output audio plugin, when I choose "irix audio plugin" as output xmms crashes immediately after start. But "SGI digital media output plugin works fine. (IRIX 6.5.26 on O2)
nekonoko wrote: Added newly released neko_openssl-0.9.8j.tardist to /beta; security advisory here:

http://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20090107.txt

Not bad for a "dead" OS, you posted this in the same time as I received the FreeBSD advisory & patches ;)
Installed, didn't break anything so far, but I didn't test it so much either.

nekonoko wrote: Also neko_bind-9.6.0-P1.tardist ; security advisory here:

https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/bind-an ... 00291.html

Installed it, looks to be running fine as far as authoritative resolution and recursion with acl are concerned.

:Onyx2: :O2: :O3x0: :O3x0:
bplaa.yai wrote: Not bad for a "dead" OS, you posted this in the same time as I received the FreeBSD advisory & patches ;)
Installed, didn't break anything so far, but I didn't test it so much either.

Yep - since I run a live internet facing IRIX server, I try to jump on this sort of thing as quickly as humanly possible ;)

Glad to hear these are working okay for you as well - I'll push them into /current later today. Thanks!
All Rights Reserved.
Thanks for perfect shooting game starfighter - works well on my O2.
Just a quick heads-up: The nekoware build of gimp fails with the beta build of gtk :

Code: Select all

72863:gimp: rld: Fatal Error: attempted access to unresolvable symbol in /usr/nekoware/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.1: pango_language_get_default

... and additionally pygtk is built against python-2.4, meaning that gimp doesn't work properly with the only python currently available in Nekoware :(

The latter problem can be solved by upgrading pygtk against the current python package, but I suspect that the former will require a rebuild of gimp.
Who is the packager of starfighter ? The release notes are anonymous and I would like to give a try at porting Blob Wars, but maybe the packager of starfighter is already working at it ?
:Onyx2: :O2: :O3x0: :O3x0:
tomo wrote: Xmms works good - shuffle play button now don't cause crash, icon is nice.

But one think: I have problem with output audio plugin, when I choose "irix audio plugin" as output xmms crashes immediately after start. But "SGI digital media output plugin works fine. (IRIX 6.5.26 on O2)

Thank you for testing.
Before we move out of beta, can you check if you browse a MP3 library, what icon does the MP3s have?

//debug
Mein Führer, I can walk!
Running swmgr against the entire Nekoware repository results in the following dependencies problem:

neko_dia.sw.eoe requires neko_perl.modules.xml_parser - which doesn't exist. neko_perl_xml_parser.sw.eoe , however, does.
deBug wrote: Thank you for testing.
Before we move out of beta, can you check if you browse a MP3 library, what icon does the MP3s have?

//debug

At the start icons were old, xmms icon in iconmanager became in mediatools and was new. But after restart (maybe logout/ login can be enough) icons in fm became new. Most of icons are fine(95%), only one artist have text icons, but when I run file something.mp3 it displays: something.mp3 - text with the garbage. So problem is probably in filetype.
tomo wrote:
deBug wrote: Thank you for testing.

//debug

At the start icons were old, xmms icon in iconmanager became in mediatools and was new. But after restart (maybe logout/ login can be enough) icons in fm became new.

Thanks for you info tomo, seems it working OK then.

You can probably move it out of beta Neko.

//Harry
Mein Führer, I can walk!