Miscellaneous Operating Systems/Hardware

MaXX is back! - Page 5

maxxi.desktop wrote:
dukzcry wrote:
maxxi.desktop wrote: Hey guys! I am not dead, just extremely busy. Just want to warn you that someone has stolen my content and registered 5dwm.org. that's not me! and the worst thing is that they don't mention SGI and my copyrights anywhere...

the real deal is at: maxxdesktop.co

I am preparing a new set of binaries for you all.

regards,

Eric Masson

Eric, does MaXX works correctly with multiple keymaps for you?
I use

Code: Select all

setxkbmap -layout "us,ru" -option "grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:caps"
for layout switching and when I'm switched to russian I can't interact with windows using mouse under MaXX DR3 anymore, hotkeys still do work though.
Moved setxkbmap to different switching hotkeys but it didn't help.
When under CDE I don't have such issue.
Please help :)
Thanks!

P.S.: http://dev.maxxdesktop.com/trac/maxxdesktop is down.

it's dev.maxxdesktop.co/trac/maxxdesktop :)

let me check over the weekend. I might have a solution. cheers

hey again! I am pretty sure it's Motif related. DR3 ships with both Motif-2.130 and Motif-2.3.1. However, 5Dwm is linked against v2.1.30 and I think that's a limitation for multiple-keymaps. newer Motif handles better. Haven't done any tests yet... have you try to restart the WindowManager (5DWm) after switching keymaps? you can do it from Toolchest or from the command line :# tellwm restart (if I am not mistaking). keep me posted

cheers
Indigo2 Max IMPACT R10K 195Mhz, 1GB RAM DUAL HEAD
Indigo2 Max IMPACT R10K 195Mhz, 512MB RAM
Octane2 R14K 600MHz 2GB RAM V10 Pro
SGI 1400 Quad Xeon III 766Mhz 2GB Quad Voodo5 SLI
MacBook (MacBook3,1 ) OS X
MacBook Pro (MacBookPro5,3)
Linux i7 @3.2GHz, GTX480
Hackintosh OSX Server 10.3 ]Dual Quad Xeon 5420, FX1700
maxxi.desktop wrote: have you try to restart the WindowManager (5DWm) after switching keymaps? you can do it from Toolchest or from the command line :# tellwm restart (if I am not mistaking). keep me posted

cheers

Thanks! Unfortunately it doesn't help. I will enroll VM to retest in clean environment.
dukzcry wrote:
maxxi.desktop wrote: have you try to restart the WindowManager (5DWm) after switching keymaps? you can do it from Toolchest or from the command line :# tellwm restart (if I am not mistaking). keep me posted

cheers

Thanks! Unfortunately it doesn't help. I will enroll VM to retest in clean environment.

doh! I will look into 5dwm code sometime this week and come back to you.
Linux i7 @3.2GHz, GTX480
dukzcry wrote:

cheers

In the meantime, I've ask a friend of mine (Peter Kovář) who has using 5Dwm with several keymaps...

here's an example of his command line :

setxkbmap -layout 'us,sk_qwerty,cz_qwerty,de' -option 'grp:rwin_toggle' -model pc105

Hope this helps as well.
Linux i7 @3.2GHz, GTX480
maxxi.desktop wrote: In the meantime, I've ask a friend of mine (Peter Kovář) who has using 5Dwm with several keymaps...

here's an example of his command line :

setxkbmap -layout 'us,sk_qwerty,cz_qwerty,de' -option 'grp:rwin_toggle' -model pc105

Hope this helps as well.

Thanks. Unfortunately his command doesn't help. Using 'de' instead of 'ru' doesn't help as well. Meanwhile found that also can't operate with MaXX while some control group key is pressed, I suppose its somehow related?
Now switched from real machine to clean VM and made a video: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByyEP ... VR6a3ppYzg Same issue there. Perhaps some incompatibility of MaXX DR3 with modern Debian or software stack? CDE is fine with keymaps. Suppose should try something different or older :) If Peter doesn't have this issue, could you please tell me which versions of Linux (and which distribution) and MaXX he uses?
Is anyone else having problems getting onto MaxxDesktop's website? Because I've been trying for 2 days to get into it to get a respotitory link but this is all I get:

I don't know if this is because I live in the UK or it's something else but it's now really bugging me I cannot try the UI out... =\
Hackintosh (Late 2015) - Core i7-4790k, Geforce GTX 970, 8GB RAM ( http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/PwQ8pg )
MacBook Pro (Mid 2012, Non Retina) - Core i7-3615QM, Geforce GT 650m, 8GB RAM
------------------------------------
Can I play with IRIX after you? :3
Not really related since you have been trying for two days, but related because you are in the UK as am I.. but.. BT have gone tits up this afternoon.. in fact so bad it was announced on the News.. thank the lordy I have Virgin line also..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
uunix wrote: Not really related since you have been trying for two days, but related because you are in the UK as am I.. but.. BT have gone tits up this afternoon.. in fact so bad it was announced on the News.. thank the lordy I have Virgin line also..

Anyway I can acquire what I'm looking for w/out the website? I'm curious on trying the IRIX interface out for myself...
Hackintosh (Late 2015) - Core i7-4790k, Geforce GTX 970, 8GB RAM ( http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/PwQ8pg )
uunix wrote: Not really related since you have been trying for two days, but related because you are in the UK as am I.. but.. BT have gone tits up this afternoon.. in fact so bad it was announced on the News.. thank the lordy I have Virgin line also..

I can confirm the site is dead State-side too
"Apollo was astonished, Dionysus thought me mad."
:Octane: :Octane: :O2:
Still down. Somebody wanna send Eric a PM? He was just here last week so presumably he still wants to keep things scootin' along... :roll:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
Any news on this? I'd like to get hold of the binaries... :-)
SGI Systems: R4K :Indigo: /256MB/XS-24, R5K 150MHz :Indy: /160MB/XL-24, R10K 175MHz :O2: /640MB, R12K 400MHz :Octane2: /Vpro6/1GB & R4K 250 MHz :Indigo2IMP: /128 MB/XZ Extreme/GIO64 FDDI

"It's a UNIX system! I know this! "
Eric said he was going to look into why the site's been down a week or two ago. But that's sort of been the history of this project, short bursts of enthusiasm followed by long periods of radio silence. PM him or send him an email (maxxi.desktop -> gmail.com, don't know if he reads it or not), either way don't expect much, he's a busy guy with a burgeoning family... 0_o
Project:
Plan:

Is the site down again?
It never went back up after he said he was going to check on it a couple of weeks ago... :|
Project:
Plan:

it did... it's down again... someone having fun bringing my server down. will be back up in a bit. sorry about that

i confirm... someone is constantly attacking the server... what f**** idiot!

:x
Linux i7 @3.2GHz, GTX480
can you see what kind of attack it is?
r-a-c.de
The website is finally back up again! Although the DL's are for the DR2 release... I don't know what's up with that... :P

EDIT: nvm, this seems like old news! XD
foetz wrote: can you see what kind of attack it is?

they are attacking my trac server. have to upgrade the whole thing tho. yeah, I found my next weekend project

IAMNOTDEFECTIVE wrote: The website is finally back up again! Although the DL's are for the DR2 release... I don't know what's up with that... :P

EDIT: nvm, this seems like old news! XD

I will be moving the downloads, docs and other tech docs back to :arrow: maxxdesktop.co
Linux i7 @3.2GHz, GTX480
I think we are good. Made a few changes to the configuration and the main URL. It's working while I migrate to another service/server. Any suggestion for a wiki based service?

here's the link; http://dev.maxxdesktop.co/trax/maxxdesktop/wiki

will update the main site as well.

Cheers
Linux i7 @3.2GHz, GTX480
I bet it is those crazy mofoes over at that CDE fork or perhaps it is Tom from TWM... I know he hates competition!
:Tezro: :Onyx2: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2: :1600SW: :1600SW: :320: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Fuel: :Fuel:
Stolen! :4D310: :Crimson: