Miscellaneous Operating Systems/Hardware

MaXX is back! - Page 6

really don't know... one thing for sure, someone doesn't like what I do... don't care really ;)
Indigo2 Max IMPACT R10K 195Mhz, 1GB RAM DUAL HEAD
Indigo2 Max IMPACT R10K 195Mhz, 512MB RAM
Octane2 R14K 600MHz 2GB RAM V10 Pro
SGI 1400 Quad Xeon III 766Mhz 2GB Quad Voodo5 SLI
MacBook (MacBook3,1 ) OS X
MacBook Pro (MacBookPro5,3)
Linux i7 @3.2GHz, GTX480
Hackintosh OSX Server 10.3 ]Dual Quad Xeon 5420, FX1700
Well it isn't me, I think it is awesome what you are doing. The phrase "the lord works in mysterious ways" comes to mind. lol
:Tezro: :Onyx2: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2: :1600SW: :1600SW: :320: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Fuel: :Fuel:
Stolen! :4D310: :Crimson:
When is the Spring Release gonna happen? It's the middle of Summer just to let you know... :P
Also your website address has expired, just in case you weren't aware...
Hackintosh (Late 2015) - Core i7-4790k, Geforce GTX 970 (primary card), Geforce GTX 780 Ti (render card), 8GB RAM ( http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/PwQ8pg )
Surface Book (Mid 2015) - Core i7-6600U, GeForce GTX 945M, 16GB RAM
------------------------------------
Can I play with IRIX after you? :3
Eric's a busy guy and the license he's got from SGI doesn't permit him to enlist a lot of help. Or, perhaps more to the point, any help. Sadly, Maxx tends to fall through the cracks as a result. :|
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
It's totally cool and I understand 100%. Is there any links or does anyone have the latest to install? I would really like to try it out. I used it back in 2010 for a while with that roc file manager. It was cool, but would love to see where it is at currently. The screenshots look really cool!
:PrismDT: :Tezro: :Onyx2: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2: :1600SW: :1600SW: :320: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Fuel: :Fuel:
Stolen! :4D310: :Crimson:
I might have a copy, but I make no promises. And I wouldn't mind having a copy of the file manager to use with it.
"Apollo was astonished, Dionysus thought me mad."
:Octane: :Octane: :O2:
Dodoid wrote:
uunix wrote: This is all so wrong.. has anyone seen Stephen Kings Pet Sematary ?

Haven't seen it, but I'm guessing you're not fond of the idea of an IID looking GUI on Linux? Do you consider it disrespectful to IRIX and SGI? I know we all dearly love IRIX, me included, but wouldn't applying one of IRIX's best features (IID) to Linux make it more to your liking?

uunix is just kidding, go watch the movie, it's about the negative consequences that result from bringing things back from the dead. "Now I want to play with yoooooooou... " :shock:
Project:
Plan:

It's not dead yet!

Also - I had it working on Slackware 14.1, Ubuntu 15.10 (16.04 does not work at all for me), CentOS 7, and Fedora 22 (I know 24 does not work, don't remember if 23 does or does not). I've been running CDE on my Ubuntu box in the meantime....
So where do I get MaXX from? I looked on the websites but they were either hacked/down or not listing the files. I looked for the maxx-dr3-x86_64.tar.gz and maxx-dr3-no-arch.tar.gz files to no avail.
Guys, I set this share if you need:
https://access.toscocloud.com/s/QHrHSirzrloyzWP

Expires on 12th of October, pass is n3k0ch@n.
if you find security holes, please let me know.

The server runs in my living room, so please be kind to it. =)
Image Image
Password is wrong when entering n3k0ch@n
DMJC wrote: Password is wrong when entering n3k0ch@n

Sorry, fat fingers.
Fixed.
Image Image
no documents listed "no files in here" :) The login now works though.
DMJC wrote: no documents listed "no files in here" :) The login now works though.

The person who proposed to upload it has to do it. =)
Image Image
The file is there. Hooray!

But x86-only is sad. I only have PPC Linux desktops, and I have CDE on Debian on PPC.
I will get some x86 machine.
Image Image
I'm running this in a VM, and something very odd is happening.

The installation goes ok (you need to modify the install scripts to not try to download the files from the server), but it goes ok.

When I try to run /opt/MaXX/etc/skel/.Xsession.dt , the following happens:
line 67: /opt/MaXX/bin/xlinstscrns: No such file or directory.
line 90: /opt/MaXX/bin/5Dwm: No such file or directory.

The bin folder is a link to bin32. Even if I try to run xlistscrns from the /bin32 directory it says file not found, and I get the error back from bash. I already checked the files have execution permission and the quality of the links. Any tips?
Image Image
Shiunbird wrote: ...it says file not found, and I get the error back from bash....

Whenever I've experienced this mysterious phenomenon it turned out to be a library incompatibility; the libraries that Eric dynamically linked xlistscrns against don't match the libraries on your system.
Project:
Plan:

Shiunbird wrote: The file is there. Hooray!

But x86-only is sad. I only have PPC Linux desktops, and I have CDE on Debian on PPC.
I will get some x86 machine.

That is correct. His agreement with SGI only allows for Linux on Intel platforms.
vishnu wrote:
Shiunbird wrote: ...it says file not found, and I get the error back from bash....

Whenever I've experienced this mysterious phenomenon it turned out to be a library incompatibility; the libraries that Eric dynamically linked xlistscrns against don't match the libraries on your system.

This makes sense.
Any idea on how I could find out what's missing? The error message is not helpful.
I could hunt the missing libraries if I knew what's wrong. I do it in AIX all the time. ;)
Image Image
Shiunbird wrote: Any idea on how I could find out what's missing?

ldd problematic_file