IRIX and Software

Cool (open source) software you would like to see ported... - Page 1

Not that we have time to actually DO this, but then, what's life without a wishlist... :)

Garlic Molecular Viewer and Editor Version 1.4 http://garlic.mefos.hr/garlic/index.html
I'd like to see this Camp but last time I tried to compile on a pc with gcc even that wouldn't work (then again I'm no coder). Still would be nice to see though.
Behold my spermlogo, for it is I: Quick, Ambitious, creative and a tad bit sexually oriented.
----------------
[SGI Indigo2 R10K | High Impact | Indigo2 Video for IMPACT with indycam | Irix 6.5.22m]
gtkam
I'd like to see Wings3D ported properly. Some time ago I build it on Irix, but it locks up the window manager or Xsgi or something of that sort when running on Impact graphics. It might do it on other graphics, but so far it has only been tested on impact.

BTW, running the program on a linux machine with the display redirected to the Octane works fine.
DVDauthor or equivalent/better.
On my list to Santa Claus, there is:
    - Open Office 1.1.3
    - evolution 2.0 with exchange connector
    - mplayer UI
    - gnucash
    - n|vu
unixmuseum wrote: On my list to Santa Claus, there is:
- Open Office 1.1.3

yup. By all reports, this is a big improvement over the one we have .... I hate office crap too, but .....
hamei wrote:
unixmuseum wrote: On my list to Santa Claus, there is:
- Open Office 1.1.3

yup. By all reports, this is a big improvement over the one we have

Yep, I agree. It's a big improvement!
I would like to see Abiword 2.2 and a Worms clone! Worms of Prey ( http://wormsofprey.org/ ) looks good! :D
dexter1 wrote: Not that we have time to actually DO this, but then, what's life without a wishlist... :)

Garlic Molecular Viewer and Editor Version 1.4 http://garlic.mefos.hr/garlic/index.html

in my folder. irix64 version is highly optimized. :P
r-a-c.de
foetz wrote: n my folder. irix64 version is highly optimized. :P

nekonoko - I think we need a new category for this user class - "gods of porting" or something, maybe. People who do work like dexter1 and foetz and squeen and all the others need something a little extra by their usernames - a big gold star, red text, dunno what. Something, tho.

thanks, foetz.
hamei wrote:
foetz wrote: n my folder. irix64 version is highly optimized. :P

nekonoko - I think we need a new category for this user class - "gods of porting" or something, maybe. People who do work like dexter1 and foetz and squeen and all the others need something a little extra by their usernames - a big gold star, red text, dunno what. Something, tho.

thanks, foetz.

:lol: :lol:
r-a-c.de
foetz wrote:
in my folder. irix64 version is highly optimized.

Wow, thanks! :D
I'll try this on the O2100 this weekend.

Joe
Mostly the same as above:
Ted 2.16
DVDauthor or similar
OpenOffice 1.1.x

Maybe:
AbiWord 2.2.1 (Is there a GTK1 version? If not, is GTK 2.6 / Glib 2.6 any faster than GTK 2.4.14 / Glib 2.4.8??)
Latest KDE in a tardist
Mplayer GUI (maybe Motif based?)

Dreaming:
FireFox 2.0 w/ SpecialSuper10xFast patches (fast enough for R4600 Indy!)
colin wrote: Dreaming:
FireFox 2.0 w/ SpecialSuper10xFast patches (fast enough for R4600 Indy!)

Nice thing about Open Source .... now that Firefox and Thunderbird are 'stable' maybe try this - choose one version, open up the code and throw out all the crap. If you type a wrong url into Firefox now it doesn't return a 404 page not found, oh no ! It kindly redirects you to google or netscape search or some other god-forsaken "helpful" place. That's only one example. There's a bazillion other Mommy's Little Helpers. Thanks so much. Maybe on a 2ghz Athlon w/3 gigs of RAM that only takes .000356 ms but on an O2, it's an eternity. "Oh that doesn't take ANY time or space at all, the code is just sitting there until it's needed." If it isn't doing anything, then why do we want it ? And why is each iteration of these programs more sluggish than the last if all these "helpers" don't slow things down ?

Formula 1 cars don't have electric windows.
http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

Java Torrent Client.

really cool.. but sadly needs Eclipse stuffs to work even with the .jar file. so i had no luck to run it on the Octane.

but i tried it on shitdows and its a really great torrent app.

happy xmas :)

I also agree with OpenOffice new release.. that'd great.
----
:: jean-claude
:: mimgfx dot com
----

Ok it compiles now and iam able to start a master and slave. Gui works also fine and i can cklick around the buttons. But iam far away for creating a patch and making a tardist. Some issues left..... and someone with more clue than i is needed to setup a render job :)

Mare, do you have a urgent need for it?
joerg wrote: Mare, do you have a urgent need for it?

Nice work, no I am not in any rush for it. Honestly its not actually much use to me but I know a lot of people here use rendering apps that could take advantage of it?

Seems like a nice app. I would probably have a fiddle with it for a few days though.

Really should get round to relearning how to use blender :)
If someone really fancies a challenge, id Software have just released the full Quake III Source code under the GPL, as reported on slashdot .

(Now I know we already have a beta, but a proper Nekoware build of the completed game with the VPro glitches fixed would be seriously cool!)
stuart wrote: If someone really fancies a challenge, id Software have just released the full Quake III Source code under the GPL

I had a quick crack at this today, there is actually an IRIX target in the Makefiles and there is a lot of code in there directly for IRIX (including threading support). Looks like the Makefile doesnt correctly detect that uname reports 'irix64' and all the ifdefs look for 'irix'.

Also the code apparently 'requires' gcc so I am sure that will be fun ;)
propellerhead software has released Rebirth RB-338 for free.
However, seems like source code is still not available (only binaries for mac and pc)...maybe it's time to fire up the email machines and request they release source code :twisted:

http://www.rebirthmuseum.com
Sitting in a room.....thinkin' shit up. :evil:

:O2: 400MHz R12k - :320: Dual 550MHz PIII - Apple G4 Cube dual 500MHz/GF6200 - Newton Messagepad 2100 - Apple PowerBook 2400c/G3@240 - DECstation5000/133 - Apple Workgroup Server 9150/120 G3@280 - Apple Macintosh IIfx - Apple Macintosh Color Classic (Mystic upgrade) - Sun Cobalt Cube 3 - Tadpole RDI UltraBook IIi - Digital HiNote Ultra II - HP 200LX