IRIX and Software

Cool (open source) software you would like to see ported... - Page 2

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gplflash (flash player)
http://f4l.sourceforge.net/ (flash creator)

since macromedia doesn't support IRIX anymore, perhaps we can get open source versions.

On a side note:

The neko_sshd doesn't seem to support tcp wrappers, since it ignores my hosts.deny.

can someone confirm this? and perhaps add it to the current release?

I am re-requesting perl's par / pp : which creates binaries from perl code.
foetz ported Perl/Tk for me in April which means I can run perl/tk
apps I wrote but i can't release it to others unless it's packed with par/pp
or the user installs perl/tk.
would be appreciated if someone could build this for me.
Hi
Anyone have a working compiled version of DrQueue ( http://www.drqueue.org )for IRIX?

Thanks
CVisual, search the forums, I believe Dr Queue came up in a separate thread just a little time ago and someone actually got it to run under IRIX. HTH.
The Bandito wrote: In a few years, no doubt, you'll be able to buy a computer,
software and operating system that will match the capabilities
of your current Amiga at about the price you paid for the
Amiga way back when. But you can smile to yourself, knowing
that you were touching the future years before the rest of
the world. And that other computers and operating systems
will do with brute force what the Amiga did years before with
grace, elegance and style.

Eroteme.ch - my end of the internet...
DjVuLibre

DjVuLibre wrote: DjVu is a web-centric format and software platform for distributing documents and images. DjVu can advantageously replace PDF, PS, TIFF, JPEG, and GIF for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed and panned with no lengthy re-rendering. DjVu is used by hundreds of academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the world.

DjVuLibre is an open source (GPL'ed) implementation of DjVu, including viewers, browser plugins, decoders, simple encoders, and utilities.

DjVuLibre includes a standalone viewer, a browser plug-in (for Mozilla, Firefox, Konqueror, Netscape, Galeon, and Opera), and command line tools (decoders, encoders, utilities). DjVuLibre works under Unix with X11.

[EDIT]
...Oops, there is an IRIX build on *.tar.gz form, I've downloaded it and I'll give it a try now... anyway, a Nekowarized version could be great...
[/EDIT]
These are real wish-list items, but if anyone could manage:

mplayer-1.0_pre7
xine

... then I'd be eternally greatful!

Cheers,

Stu
I would like to see some games for SGI Systems, like Diablo 2 with EXP and some other RPGs too.
Gray Fox wrote: I would like to see some games for SGI Systems.

Here here! I second that motion!
How about a Nintendo64 emulator?
Please, no, not even implicit, discussion of materials of questionable copyright or licence. Post edited.
The Bandito wrote: In a few years, no doubt, you'll be able to buy a computer,
software and operating system that will match the capabilities
of your current Amiga at about the price you paid for the
Amiga way back when. But you can smile to yourself, knowing
that you were touching the future years before the rest of
the world. And that other computers and operating systems
will do with brute force what the Amiga did years before with
grace, elegance and style.

Eroteme.ch - my end of the internet...
I'm about 95% sure that TestDisk is designed for x86-MBR systems, and not SGI disklabels, so it wouldn't be a port, but rather a rewrite.

The listed XFS support appears to be for Linux XFS on an MBR-based disk, not IRIX XFS (they differ, sometimes significantly) on a disklabel-based disk.

Serious question: Is anybody interested in playing with an implementation of SOMObjects on IRIX?

SOM is a wonder but Porter .... it's a huge undertaking and Irix is the best of the crappy Unix desktops, so maybe you are barking up the wrong tree ?

I've got a reasonable implementation of sc, som, somtc, somir, somd, somdd, regimpl, somdserv going. It's OpenDoc and WorkPlaceShell that are taking the time :) . I'll package what I've done up (source code package) so people can have a play.

As some proof...

Code:
bash-2.05b$ uname -a
IRIX indy 6.5 10070055 IP22
bash-2.05b$ ldd ./somdd
libsomd.so.2  =>         /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libsomd.so.2
libsomdcomm.so.0  =>     /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libsomdcomm.so.0
librhbcdr.so.1  =>       /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/librhbcdr.so.1
libsomu.so.1  =>         /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libsomu.so.1
libsomir.so.2  =>        /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libsomir.so.2
libsomestrm.so.1  =>     /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libsomestrm.so.1
libsomtc.so.1  =>        /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libsomtc.so.1
libsomref.so.70  =>      /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libsomref.so.70
libsom.so.1  =>  /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libsom.so.1
librhbmtut.so.1  =>      /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/librhbmtut.so.1
libpthread.so  =>        /usr/lib32/libpthread.so
libc.so.1  =>    /usr/lib32/libc.so.1
libsomcorba.so.0  =>     /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libsomcorba.so.0
libsomany.so.0  =>       /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libsomany.so.0
libsomabs1.so.1  =>      /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libsomabs1.so.1
libsomnmf.so.1  =>       /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libsomnmf.so.1
libsomos.so.1  =>        /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libsomos.so.1
libsomu2.so.1  =>        /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libsomu2.so.1
bash-2.05b$ ./irdump ::Repository
An instance of Repository at address 1000f110
InterfaceDef "::Repository"
id: ::Repository
9 modifiers:
file = repostry.idl
line = 22
releaseorder = lookup_id,lookup_modifier,release_cache,saveIR,_get_subrepositorylist,_set_subrepositorylist,queryException
callstyle = idl
majorversion = 2
minorversion = 1
filestem = repostry
dllname = somir.dll
metaclass = M_Repository
contains 7 items:

TypeDef "::Repository::RepositoryDescription"
id: ::Repository::RepositoryDescription
2 modifiers:
file = repostry.idl
line = 24
type: TypeCodeNew (/*constant*/ tk_struct, "RepositoryDescription", "name", TypeCodeNew (/*constant*/ tk_string, (long)0), "id", TypeCodeNew (/*constant*/ tk_string, (long)0), "defined_in", TypeCodeNew (/*constant*/ tk_string, (long)0), NULL)

TypeDef "::Repository::irOpenErrorCodes"
id: ::Repository::irOpenErrorCodes
2 modifiers:
file = repostry.idl
line = 29
type: TypeCodeNew (/*constant*/ tk_enum, "irOpenErrorCodes", "NOACCESS", "BADMAGICNUMBER", "MISSINGVERSIONINFO", "IOERROR", "VERSIONMISMATCH", "NOWRITEACCESS", "INDEXINCONSISTENT", "INDEXNOTPRESENT", NULL)

ExceptionDef "::Repository::irOpenError"
id: ::Repository::irOpenError
2 modifiers:
file = repostry.idl
line = 30
type: TypeCodeNew (/*constant*/ tk_struct, "irOpenError", "errorCode", TypeCodeNew (/*constant*/ tk_enum, "irOpenErrorCodes", "NOACCESS", "BADMAGICNUMBER", "MISSINGVERSIONINFO", "IOERROR", "VERSIONMISMATCH", "NOWRITEACCESS", "INDEXINCONSISTENT", "INDEXNOTPRESENT", NULL), "fileName", TypeCodeNew (/*constant*/ tk_string, (long)0), NULL)

OperationDef "::Repository::lookup_id"
id: ::Repository::lookup_id
1 modifiers:
line = 31
mode: NORMAL
result: TypeCodeNew (/*constant*/ tk_objref, "::Contained")
contains 1 item:

ParameterDef "::Repository::lookup_id::search_id"
id: ::Repository::lookup_id::search_id
1 modifiers:
line = 31
mode: IN
type: TypeCodeNew (/*constant*/ tk_string, (long)0)

OperationDef "::Repository::lookup_modifier"
id: ::Repository::lookup_modifier
1 modifiers:
line = 32
result: TypeCodeNew (/*constant*/ tk_string, (long)0)
contains 2 items:

ParameterDef "::Repository::lookup_modifier::name"
id: ::Repository::lookup_modifier::name
1 modifiers:
line = 32

ParameterDef "::Repository::lookup_modifier::modifier"
id: ::Repository::lookup_modifier::modifier
1 modifiers:
line = 32

OperationDef "::Repository::release_cache"
id: ::Repository::release_cache
1 modifiers:
line = 33
result: TypeCodeNew (/*constant*/ tk_void)

OperationDef "::Repository::queryException"
id: ::Repository::queryException
1 modifiers:
line = 34
result: TypeCodeNew (/*constant*/ tk_boolean)
bash-2.05b$ ldd ./docshell
libodshell.so.1  =>      /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libodshell.so.1
libodutils.so.1  =>      /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libodutils.so.1
libsom.so.1  =>  /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libsom.so.1
libc.so.1  =>    /usr/lib32/libc.so.1
libodui.so.1  =>         /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libodui.so.1
libodlayout.so.1  =>     /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libodlayout.so.1
libodpubutl.so.1  =>     /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libodpubutl.so.1
liboddatax.so.1  =>      /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/liboddatax.so.1
libodstorag.so.1  =>     /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libodstorag.so.1
libodcore.so.1  =>       /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libodcore.so.1
libodsomuc.so.1  =>      /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libodsomuc.so.1
libsomem.so.1  =>        /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libsomem.so.1
libX11.so.1  =>  /usr/lib32/libX11.so.1
libXt.so  =>     /usr/lib32/libXt.so
libodimagng.so.1  =>     /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libodimagng.so.1
libpthread.so  =>        /usr/lib32/libpthread.so
librhbxtutl.so.1  =>     /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/librhbxtutl.so.1
libXmu.so  =>    /usr/lib32/libXmu.so
libXext.so  =>   /usr/lib32/libXext.so
libodbindng.so.1  =>     /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libodbindng.so.1
libsomu.so.1  =>         /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libsomu.so.1
libsomref.so.70  =>      /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libsomref.so.70
libgen.so  =>    /usr/lib32/libgen.so   delay-load
libodregsty.so.1  =>     /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libodregsty.so.1
libodcm.so.1  =>         /usr/people/porter/develop/products/mips-sgi-irix6.5/default/lib/libodcm.so.1
If XFS for linux is different than XFS for the real SGI machines then it's a pity that testdisk only supports XFS for linux.
I was not aware of the difference between the two.

Thanks for giving the explanation. I just have to reformat the drive then to use it again, right?
Or are there other ways to get the parity tables for my XFS volume repaired?
Ctorrent is already available from Nekoware and included is its CTCS (CTorrent Control Server).
However, this has limited functionality as is does not allow to add new torrents.
For the NetworkedMediaTanks like popcorn hour there is also Ctorrent but that includes YODCTCS.
It would be very nice if this can be compiled for IRIX and possibly included into Ctorrent or seperate.

The source should be on http://yodctcs.googlepages.com/
For the NMT ctorrent/yodctcs solution see http://melkfl.es/ctorrent/

Thanks in advance, I would be very happy with this nekoware addition.
loonvf wrote:
If XFS for linux is different than XFS for the real SGI machines then it's a pity that testdisk only supports XFS for linux.
I was not aware of the difference between the two.

The filesystem layout is the same or very similar (I can mount IRIX filesystems on Linux+XFS), but the disk layout is different: PCs use fdisk partitions, IRIS 4Ds use a disklabel setup and volume header. Linux has support for SGI disklabels (and has a dvhtool as well), but testdisk is unlikely to support IRIS disklabels.

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O200: :ChallengeL:
I would love to see WINE ported to IRIX, so that I can run spotify :) .

Emachines PC 3.0GHz Dual Core (Intel)
Custom Built Ubuntu PC 1.207GHz (AMD)
Mac G4 1.25GHz
As I know wine don't emulate instructions - it emulate enviroment (like dll's system calls and so). So porting it to Irix/ Mips is not a solution. And if you add speed penalty to emulated program than it will be somwhere far beyond useless.

If you want X86 program + windows buy ordionary hardware (witch is in most cases mutch cheaper than good SGI) and run it natively.

As I know wine don't emulate instructions - it emulate enviroment

Wine Is Not An Emulator

=D, but yeah I do have it natively, I would just like to see it on IRIX. Xmms is too stupid :D .

Emachines PC 3.0GHz Dual Core (Intel)
Custom Built Ubuntu PC 1.207GHz (AMD)
Mac G4 1.25GHz
Hi, when my O2 was "death" I was using again my old thinkpad and I found nice angband multiplayer clone named mangband.

Compilation (gcc 3.2.3) under linux(2.4.36) was painless (thinkpad is running heavily modified slackware 8.0). So maybe it can be done in Irix too. Known dependencies: SDL.

thanks

anyone tried to compile that ?