Everything Else

What pointless thing are you doing right now? - Page 7

Playing Nickelback in reverse to verify this:
foo_nickelback.jpg
foo_nickelback.jpg (15.33 KiB) Viewed 671 times

So far we've only confirmed the 2nd part of the claim :mrgreen:

NB: Yeah, that's not the real Dave. Still funny.
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. ( IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report )
jan-jaap wrote: So far we've only confirmed the 2nd part of the claim :mrgreen:

thus, there should be a scientific reason to explain why, after the concert, someone has uploaded a few songs onto my iPod,
and since then, I have been singing the one by Eurythmics like Marilyn Manson did

… Sweet Dreams are Made Of This
Who am I to disagree?
I travel the world, and the seven seas,
Everybody's looking for something.

Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused ...

GaGa claps her hands, laughing " Hallelujah, what a miracle event, Hard Core is dead, I am your Personal Jesus "
o'man, is she a wicked witch :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ?
the accompanying her to the concert is evil, I'd better backup my mind, erase and rewind
Some prowling the streets, looking for sweets from their Candyman , I'm Looking for a new fun with IP30/Octane2
IP30 purposes : linux (kernel development), Irix Scientific Apps { Ansys, Catia, Pro/E, FiberSIM, AutoDYNþ, ... }
Other Projects : { Cerberus , Woody Box , 68K-board, SWI_DBG }, discontinued Console hacks { GB, GBA, PSX1 }
Wanted Equipments : { U1732C LCR meter by Keysight } ~ ~ I am still Learning English, be patient with me ~ ~
about me , there are just a few things to know: I am exuberant , and I love the urban dictionary : is it a problem ?!?
ivelegacy wrote: I have been singing the one by Eurythmics like Marilyn Manson did

david and annie are cool and a pleasure to bump into @ your local rub-a-dub

marilyn’s alright and has a genuine sense of humour

but johny has been everywhere man

ivelegacy wrote: I am your Personal Jesus "

again, personal jexus unplugged
…. and the meal eaten in the morning, the first of the day
looked like Alice tumbling down the rabbit hole into the Barbie world
where you don't need to use your imagination, GaGa goes Barbie , sitting in front of you
she has really changed the color of her hair, and she is really dressed in plastic
long black leggings over a pink tight-fitting black top, OMG

thus, I said - hi, Barbie ?!? -
she laughed - sure, I am, hi Ken! -

I felt like René Diff from Aqua , even if every attempt in understanding why was completely pointless
(including, who do you think you are, GaGa? Lene Grawford Nystrøm?)
I wish I could enter into the vegetable garden of William Gibson , on the right of a director, to decide how a film is ultimately released for public viewing, but I am not a nor Cyberpunk writer neither a dude in Hollywood , and my * flawless English * still looks like an old rusty trailer which needs a fix-up, so my personal wonderland begins with a pill ... tumbling down the rabbit hole , where the sky above the router port is the color of television, tuned to a dead channel and some gears still need a debugger there.
Currently evaluating my options as I dismantle, clean and rebuild a 1964 Philips EL-3400 1" Video Tape Recorder.
The tubes are (almost) all perfect, the internals are in great shape though a few caps are looking a bit ill, the belts are all long gone but my biggest problem is the video head drum has spent too much time in a humid environment and has corroded. Assuming I can dismantle that into two convenient pieces I might try mounting them in a lathe and resurfacing them with emery cloth and then polishing them. No real loss now since you couldn't pass a tape over it as-is. I just need access to a lathe.
The other odd thing is that this machine is all over the internet...but in Europe. This machine is factory wired for 117v 60hz and presumably isn't running 405 line like the others. I can't find anyone else with a model like this over here.
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
Spartan s3e-500 board by Digilent, and ISE v10.1 by Xilinx

progress with my VDU, the vhdl code is almost stable, even if you can see a warning yellow star in the check box, it's caused by a module that I am using as debugger, so it's not strictly part of the project, it works as expected supporting 80 columns 40 rows, 1 bit color (red/black), hardware cursors, hardware scroll, a marvelous 8x8 font rom, and a large 8Kbyte dual port ram :D

I am working on these things just 3-4 hours per weekend
I wish I could enter into the vegetable garden of William Gibson , on the right of a director, to decide how a film is ultimately released for public viewing, but I am not a nor Cyberpunk writer neither a dude in Hollywood , and my * flawless English * still looks like an old rusty trailer which needs a fix-up, so my personal wonderland begins with a pill ... tumbling down the rabbit hole , where the sky above the router port is the color of television, tuned to a dead channel and some gears still need a debugger there.
You're all doing fun things. I'm busy rebuilding my main PC's OS at the moment. It's long overdue for a rebuild (OS installation was 7 years old and increasingly flaky). What I wasn't counting on though was both of my 3TB arrays suffering major corruption issues. Managed to back them up to two spare drives and am now sitting in a fresh Windows environment with one array nuked and busy re-cloning from a backup.

Before I nuked the old OS, I decided to write down a list of the most essential apps that I needed to re-install (I hate always trying to do jobs and finding out that the required program isn't installed). List ended up with 40 programs on it :|
Systems in use:
:Indigo2IMP: - Nitrogen : R10000 195MHz CPU, 384MB RAM, SolidIMPACT Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, 100Mb/s NIC, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.22
:Fuel: - Lithium : R14000 600MHz CPU, 4GB RAM, V10 Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, 1Gb/s NIC, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.30
Other system in storage: :O2: R5000 200MHz, 224MB RAM, 72GB 15k HDD, PSU fan mod, IRIX 6.5.30

This 2" tape will take the rest of the night to bake and then cool down.
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

I'm trying to find the wedding suit receipts without my wife to(depending on this outcome)be noticing I'm beginning to sweat!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
Moving the stereo equipment in my computer room. Unfortunately that means new (longer) speaker wires. I was happy with what I have in the living room so got some more of that. Then realized that pulling a ca 15mm cable through a 5/8" pipe in the wall is ... a challenge. Much swearing with the help of a can of silicone spay the cables are in:

My Dynaudio speakers are insensitive (86dB), 4Ohm. 200W amp recommended. My Rotel RB991 does that into 8Ohm, and twice that into 4Ohm. Evidently, the word "overkill" does not exist in my vocabulary :mrgreen:
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. ( IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report )
After a messy false start I got the tape machine working...then the capstan motor simply stopped and now the transport can't do a play or record without mangling more tape. The capstan servo circuitry is an ancient bodgework with numerous repairs and I have no idea where to find schematics. Looks like this is going on the backburner for now.

Ugh. Is that a Lyrec TR532? There's a service manual here: http://analogrules.com/manuals/strangerecorders1.html

Archive password is 'AnalogRules.com'
Hakimoto and me listening to Dimmu Borgir's "Gateways" . Sweet production skills on that record!
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :O200: :O2000: :Onyx2:
That double kick :twisted:
Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
met a local TV she-presenter, can I collect a new autograph?
(oh my god, never seen hair that way, and it's not a wig :oops: )
meeting girls is pointless ive? go travel

that kid is barely legal for air-time, but wait everyone is a presenter now, just switch on the webcam

and damn is the 90s rave colour-thing still going on there?
I collect autographs :D :D :D

fu wrote: everyone is a presenter now, just switch on the webcam

Victoria Cabello (aka " Viky " on MTV channel) is on my wish-list :D :D :D
(she is British for one half, so ... her autograph is double styled)

oh, not to mention Nati Bel , from Porto Alegre , Rio Grande do sul , Brazil
a South America girl who is British for one half (her father) is a sex-appeal singularity
thus her autograph is on the bulletin board, in first position
and my GaGa friend would like to pull a lot of darts against her :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ivelegacy wrote: I collect autographs :D :D :D

i can help with that, but please fix the goddam transporter, airports are tyranny

ivelegacy wrote: (she is British for one half, so ... her autograph is double styled)

never thought of that, double-styled signatures depending on blood type eh? :lol: mine should look like an accident stuck in a elevator, up for skyscrapers down for blue seas.

it’s too late to change my signature but i could always start a new career. as soon as i get hamei and syb to fix up the divco; gonna have the coolest ice-cream van around

ivelegacy wrote: and my GaGa friend would like to pull a lot of darts against her

i know i know, i’ve had a few interesting marriage-divorce-marriage cycles. mediterranean girls are flamboyant
skywriter wrote:
ClassicHasClass wrote: Working on [snip] Linux. [snap]

That's pointless enough right there! :-)

Do you ever get that creeping feeling that dealing with source-code is one of those zen things, like raking a garden of sand, designed to distract a person from the fact that their life is empty and that they are poverty ridden?
:Octane2: 400Mhz V8

Code: Select all

mediterranean girls are flamboyant

I know , i'm one of them :)

Eve