Nekochan Net

Downtime - Page 1

I apologize for the recent downtime - there was an issue at the central office that was finally resolved this morning. No hardware/software failures on my end though :)
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Glad to hear!
:Indigo: 33mhz R3k/48mb/XS24 :Indy: 150mhz R4400/256mb/XL24 :Fuel: 600mhz R14kA/2gb/V10 Image 8x1.4ghz Itanium 2/8GB :O3x08R: 32x600mhz R14kA/24GB :Tezro: 4x700mhz R16k/8GB/V12/DCD/SAS/FC/DM5 (2x) :O3x0: 4x700mhz R16k/4GB :PrismDT: 2x1.6ghz 8mb/12gb/SAS/2xFGL
You don't know what you have 'til it's... suffering from a network breakdown. Glad everything is back up :D
while (!asleep()) sheep++;
And it is wonderfully back! ;)
It is great that everything is back! :D
Image _ Betty Blue _
R12000A 400 Mhz ; 1 Gb RAM ; 72 Gb 15K HDD; IRIX 6.5.29
CrystalEyes; Dial Box; O2Cam "ZEYE"; external Toshiba SD-M1711 DVD-ROM; Octane speakers;
Lock bar; SGI microphone.
Mods: PSU Noctua fan; internal Toshiba SD-M1401 DVD-ROM; Adaptec AIC-7880P SCSI card.

_ REKIEM_I7 _
Seasonic X 1250W PSU / Intel I7 2600k 4 x 5,00 Ghz / 2 x Gainward 2Gb GTX 560Ti Phantom 2 / 32 Gb DDR3 / Intel x25-M 160 Gb SSD and 10 extra Tb
_ REKIEM_T5400 _
875W PSU / 2 x Intel Xeon Harpertown 4 x 3,33 Ghz / 1 x EVGA Geforce 4Gb GTX 980 Supercloked / 32 Gb DDR2 667 ECC / Samsung 840 Series Pro 128GB SSD and 3 extra Tb
_ Raspberry Pi _
:|
I was starting to suffer from withdrawal symptoms :lol:
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. ( IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report )
Glad to hear everything's alright! For a moment there I was starting to suspect a disk crash, database wipeout, system failure, or all of the above...
dclough wrote: Glad to hear everything's alright! For a moment there I was starting to suspect a disk crash, database wipeout, system failure, or all of the above...

Yep, everything was up and running the whole time, but the network was isolated. Once they fixed the problem at the CO everything came back up on its own. They still haven't told me what they did to fix it though (edit: was informed they replaced the DSLAM card).
All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote: No hardware/software failures on my end though :)

This is the most important. Thanks for being back!
And as luck would have it, the entire ISP goes down a few hours later :)
All Rights Reserved.
So now we are waiting for the third incident? :-)
(Hopefully not).
Torfinn
Yeah, much more of this and I'm switching providers. I'm probably going to get billed for the on-site tech as it is.
All Rights Reserved.
yahoo!! thanks neko and good to know you're ok :)
:Octane: (Sakura) :O2: (Sasuke) :1600SW: (Naruto) ... lil Jesse! (O2 laptop)
“Imagination is more important than knowledge.“ – A. Einstein
I'm glad to know that (phewwww!!!)
__Zacatito__ Image 600 MHZ R14000; 17GBytes HD
__Nopalito__ Image 200 MHZ R5000; 9GBytes HD
Guadalajara, Jal and Aguascalientes, Ags
Mexico
kubatyszko wrote:
some other means of communication so that jan-jaap doesn't get into withdrawal ?

Hey, you're welcome - glad I spent all that time on the phone getting things running for you again.

That said, I may look into using Twitter for notifications again. But you have to realize this is my hobby, not a professionally paid for site with advertising and income and all the other neato stuff (currently runs me about $3000/yr out of pocket). Going on right off the bat about how I could do things better isn't very endearing.

All Rights Reserved.
Hi Neko. Thanks for keeping the site going. I never realized how often I checked Nekochan in a day until it was down.

:O2: SGI O2, 195 MHz R10K, 320 MB ram, AV1 Video i/o card, 36GB HD
How about creating slave (synchronized) DNS server somewhere outside (so that DNS is alive in such a situation), and deploying a backup IRC or some other means of communication so that jan-jaap doesn't get into withdrawal ?
Wich such a config, neko would still have control over the DNS, and slave would keep working even if the master is dead...
[click for links to hinv] JP: :Fuel: | :O2: | :Indy: || PL: [ :Fuel: :O2: :O2+: :Indy: ]
nekonoko wrote:
kubatyszko wrote:
some other means of communication so that jan-jaap doesn't get into withdrawal ?

Hey, you're welcome - glad I spent all that time on the phone getting things running for you again.

That said, I may look into using Twitter for notifications again. But you have to realize this is my hobby, not a professionally paid for site with advertising and income and all the other neato stuff (currently runs me about $3000/yr out of pocket). Going on right off the bat about how I could do things better isn't very endearing.

I do know this is your hobby (had a hobby project of my own for 12 years), and I (and many others) really do appreciate your effort to keep the community running.
I'm just trying to offer additional help to make the experience even better...

Are you sure you don't live in China ? :P
hamei wrote:
nekonoko wrote:

Are you sure you don't live in China ? :P
A Mrs. Brown lives anywhere you want her!