Everything Else

Alcohol Preferences - Page 2

I have to say, that absolut vanilla, is just amazing, drank neat on ice.

B
one you lock the target
two you bait the line
three you slowly spread the net
and four you catch the man

Front 242 Headhunter
cvisors wrote: I have to say, that absolut vanilla, is just amazing, drank neat on ice.

B

thanx for the tip, not seen vanilla.

now you have made me spend another £10 i probably shouldnt have.
:D
Intel-OUTSIDE wrote: thanx for the tip, not seen vanilla.

now you have made me spend another £10 i probably shouldnt have.
:D

Ohhh, Vanilla is well worth it :) but I will warn you, it does need a warning lable,

"warning contents may cause, inappropriate but fucking fun behaviour"

but it is fantastic :) , I don't like mixing it, just chilled and drank neat with ice.

B
one you lock the target

two you bait the line

three you slowly spread the net

and four you catch the man

Front 242 Headhunter
cvisors wrote: I have to say, that absolut vanilla, is just amazing, drank neat on ice.

Days of Wine and Roses 8)
Beer:
Grolsch (springcap bottle)
Duvel (8.5% Belgian beer, very bitter)

Spirits:
"ForestWalk" (cream liquor with Bananas)
Ouzo (vat12)
Absinth (Rare 55% Anice spirit with Terpene oil compounds, in small doses allowed in Europe)
dexter1 wrote: Beer:
Grolsch (springcap bottle)
Duvel (8.5% Belgian beer, very bitter)

yes, both regular visiters to my stomach. :)

dexter1 wrote: Spirits:
Ouzo (vat12)
Absinth (Rare 55% Anice spirit with Terpene oil compounds, in small doses allowed in Europe)

you have got to be joking, especially the Ouzo, greek paint-stripper!!!
Intel-OUTSIDE wrote:
dexter1 wrote: Spirits:
Ouzo (vat12)

you have got to be joking, especially the Ouzo, greek paint-stripper!!!

Hahaha, no really it's very doable :) The anice hides the bitter taste of alcohol well. In fact, i hardly get any hangovers from Ouzo and it keeps you warm in cold Nerd-camps. Ofcourse Absinth is something different alltogether: http://www.eabsinthe.com/hills/serving.htm
it does give you a hangover, but oddly only my rightside frontal lobe felt sore the next morning. Must be the Thujone terpene binding to receptors for my abstract abilities... :P
What I'm asking myself, dexter1, is if they're really still making Absinth with Artemisia absinthum or some other stuff like sage.
Hakimoto wrote: What I'm asking myself, dexter1, is if they're really still making Absinth with Artemisia absinthum or some other stuff like sage.

Yes, nowadays they make it with Artemisia absinthum or wormwood, which contains the Thujone. There is a legal European maximum dose of Thujone in absinth which is 10 mg per litre for drinks above 35% promillage. Formally, Absinth is forbidden in Holland, but one Judge ruling has placed this 1909 Absinth law invalid. So it is now legal to buy the Absinth liquors Like Tabu from Germany in stores in Holland. I have a bottle still open, care to join me? ;)

For more information, visit http://www.groenefee.nl/ for some specific Dutch info.

And you can make me really happy with some genuine french Absinth like Francois Guy or Versinth La Blanche. Never tasted those, and you're closer to France than i am :)
dexter1 wrote: And you can make me really happy with some genuine french Absinth like Francois Guy or Versinth La Blanche. Never tasted those, and you're closer to France than i am :)

Wasn't absinthe the inspiration for the original Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde story ?

[ed:] Okay, youse guys piqued the interest glands :

http://www.gumbopages.com/food/beverages/absinthe.html
Dex, sure I would next time we see each other. Though only one shot! ;-)

I remember that wormwood by itself tastes like chewing gum...
Hakimoto wrote: Dex, sure I would next time we see each other. Though only one bottle! ;-)

i corrected that spelling error for you. :twisted:
nekonoko wrote: I rarely drink except socially around holidays, but even then I stick with beer - Guinness being my favorite.

I just returned from two weeks of diving in the Red Sea, and I was real happy to find my favorite Image in the fridge at home :)
Egyptian beer is not worth mentioning, Egyptian whiskey is probably only usable as anti-freeze. Ah, well, all-inclusive... :wink:
I don't drink alcohol very often, but i have to admit i like two things :

- "nut wine" ("vin de noix" from google translation... this is a mix of red wine with nuts)
- ratafia (generally homemade mix of fruit and strong alcohol)

I also like wines from Burgundy (because that's where i live!).
For my part,

Guiness, Heinkein, Wesibier
Martini, Bailey's, Jameson
And for sure French Wine and other wine around the world

Cheers,
Trankiloo

Santé
TchinTchin, KinKin
Dubhthach wrote: Unfortunaly there are "Irish Pubs" all over the place they give about as much insight into a proper irish pub as a McDonalds in Rome would about traditional american roadside Diners (if such things still exist lol)

There is at least one proper road side diner where I live. There is a second one that could be counted I guess, but I think of road sides as being non urban, and the second one is urban. On the other hand, I think that the town expanded out to it, rather than it actually being built in town.

The first attracts a lot of hard core trucker types. The second is more family oriented.

Both serve excellent food.
From Da Yoopers

FREE BEER FREE BEER
THAT'S MY FAVORITE BRAND
IF I DIDN'T HAVE TO BUY IT
ITS THE BEST BEER IN THE LAND
WARM FLAT FUNKY
IT DON'T MATTER TO ME
THE GREATEST BEER IN THIS WHOLE WORLD
IS THE ONE YOU BUY FOR ME

while I'm sucking on my Guinness
Intel-OUTSIDE wrote: isnt Corona one of those american style "lite" beers that looks like dishwater and tasts like it looks?

No Corona is a cheap mexican beer that used to sell for $2.00 a six pack, now they call it an "imported beer" and charge you $8.00.

And yes dishwater is an important ingredent in the manufacture of Corona, but serve it with a slice of lime and you don't really notice. :lol:

Well this thread sure brought people out of the wood work huh?

My favorite drink is Earl Gray Tea, if its got to be alcohol then I'd have a Bombay Saphire Blue gin and tonic.
Johnny Walker black label and red label are good, then again i was the only one at the xmas party drinking it so i would say that, i really should stop posting on nekcohan when under the influence :twisted:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better"
jan-jaap wrote: I just returned from two weeks of diving in the Red Sea, and I was real happy to find my favorite Image in the fridge at home :)

Favourite Beverages:
Rickard's Red, Ricard's Honey Brown, Molson Dry, Tequila (straight up.. no salt/lemon)

The Most Horrific Road Accident Scene Ever!
Jodeman's SGI & Stuff
--
Unofficial unauthorized mirror sites
http://www.siliconbunny.com/mirrors/www ... m/jodeman/
http://www.oocities.com/hinv.geo/index.html (Backup of the Geocities site.)
http://www.reocities.com/SiliconValley/hills/3730/ (Another backup of my Geocities site.)
http://www.geocities.ws/hinv.geo/ (Another backup of my Geocities site.)