Everything Else

Alcohol Preferences - Page 5

Speaking of Yuengling & Son the second oldest (and still family owned) brewing company in America is the August Schell Brewing Company right here in Minnesota, founded in 1860 they dodged all the same economic destruction bullets as Leinie and they also make some outstandingly good stuff...
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
Granted, US beers might be good stuff - nevertheless, I prefer Stoli Elit, Beluga, Snow Queen or the occasionally Highland Park...
About 40% of Americans deny evolution. Sad.
I do enjoy liqueurs. I am quite a fan of Amaro. (An Italian herbal liqueur that is commonly drunk as a post dinner digestif.)

Not to mention a liking for Weizen Bier (German Wheat Beer). Although a Pilsner does not go amiss!

However,

I have recently acquired some Linie (Norwegian for line, in this case, the Equator)

Each nation around the Baltic Sea has its own prevailing brand–the Danes have Aalborg and the Swedes have O.P.–but my favorite (again, thank the wife for this one) is the Norwegian Linie. Aquavit from Norway tends to have even stronger flavors and a slightly darker color than its neighbors, thanks to a year or more of aging in oak casks, like whiskey. Linie takes that tradition even further, though: the name is Norwegian for “equator,” because to this day, each barrel is shipped around the world, from Norway to Australia and back, crossing the equator twice during the journey. They claim that the rocking in the boat, the ocean air, and the changes in temperature and humidity all go toward making it taste better, and it’s hard to argue with the results.

Further information ( http://www.bonappetit.com/columns/a-bottle-in-front-of-me/article/norway-s-linie-aquavit-reviewed-by-the-foodist
:Indy: R4600PC 133 MHz

Mac Mini 2.5GHz 8GB RAM
Raspberry Pi
Most nights when im writing code, nothing helps me think like a little Southern Comfort, disaronno, or rum chatta.

Disarono and gingerale is my favorite mixed drink. Right under jack and coke.
HAVE:
:Fuel: 900Mhz, 4GB of RAM, 80GB Intel SSD with adapter, V12.
:Octane2: Chasis, Xbow 1.4, motherboard, Cherokee PSU. See below.

WANT:
:Tezro: Quad 1Ghz, V12 graphics, 8GB RAM.
:Octane2: Looking for V12 graphics, 8GB RAM, and Dual 600Mhz.
:Fuel: M-audio card.
:Indigo2: 250Mhz, 1GB RAM, Newer purple version.
When it comes to spirits I definitely prefer clear ones (rum gin vodka) my palate is too sensitive for the real stuff ( uisge beatha ). :P
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
Eh, no thanks. Rum and gin at least are good mixers, but vodka, as far as I can tell, is just paint thinner sold for human consumption. Whiskey takes some working up to (I can just about manage a dram before I max out,) but the good stuff absolutely rewards the effort with rich, intense flavors and aromas.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup
Laphroaig is most excellent. Also, it's a rare drink that you can identify by smell at twenty paces.
Carpano Antica was also a nice discovery, a vermouth that's actually pleasant to drink straight.
:PI: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP:
Beer: Lambics, Japanese Rice Lagers
Wine: Sparkling wines, Moscato, Marietta Old Vine Red (Blend), Riesling
Sake: Nigori
Sprits: Baijiu, Soju, Vodka, Shochu, Canadian Whisky, blended scotch
SGI:
:Fuel: R16000A@900MHz 4GB V12/DCD, 6.5.30 Rin
:Onyx2R: 8 x R12000@400MHz 16GB IR3 Kanako
:Tezro: Quad R16000@700MHz, 8GB, V12/DCD, DM3 6.5.30 Byakuren
L2 Controller
Non-SGI:
HP C8000 2x PA-8900 1GHz 8GB Nazrin
2x ThinkPad x230 i5-3210M 2.53GHz 8GB HD4000 FreeBSD 10.1 Benben & Yatsuhashi
IBM IntelliStation 265 Dual POWER3-II@450MHz Jigoku-Karasu ( Hell Raven )

For Sale: O2 DIMMS, Octane and O2 caddies
I don't drink very often (last drink I had was one glass of champagne at new year's) and before that, maybe two months, a beer? As far as commodity beers go I like Leffe and Guinness but again, I don't drink very often.

However, does anybody know if it is possible to get a decent Portuguese medronho/aguardiente in the USA ? One of the few drinks I really like. I live close to the bourbon trail, so bourbon balls are a favorite are mine.
You eat Cadillacs; Lincolns too... Mercurys and Subarus.