Everything Else

Places to see before you die - Page 1

Prompted by a recent amicable exchange with hamei in an other thread, I thought it'd be fun to learn what your most desirable but *not yet* visited destinations are.

To get the ball rolling, I'd love to go to the Galapagos Islands, and see Machu Picchu. I'd like to visit Palenque, and go to a good place for whale/orca watching [while I've done that at Kaikoura, I'd enjoy to do that somewhere else again]. The Antarctica and (bi)cycling around Iceland are high on my list as well. Just a few of my wishes...

Unfortunately, one of my youth desires had died long time ago - I always wanted to climb one of El Capitan's big walls but, alas, I've never managed to proceed beyond the 7th degree. Oh well...

Also, more on topic with this forum, the CHM.

Volgograd, Volgogradskaya oblast, Russia. Seriously...
Japan. I might go in spring. I guess I'll be free to off myself sometime next summer. Sorted.
jimmer wrote:
Japan. I might go in spring. I guess I'll be free to off myself sometime next summer. Sorted.

If you can, make it up north to the Aomori Prefecture. It's got beautiful country side and tons of hiking trails. Loved going there once a month as a kid, definitely need to go back at some point.

:Indigo: 33mhz R3k/48mb/XS24 :Indy: 150mhz R4400/256mb/XL24 :Fuel: 600mhz R14kA/2gb/V10 Image 8x1.4ghz Itanium 2/8GB :O3x08R: 32x600mhz R14kA/24GB :Tezro: 4x700mhz R16k/8GB/V12/DCD/SAS/FC/DM5 :O3x0: 2x700mhz R16k/4GB
I'd love to see Göbekli Tepe, the Carnac stones, Derinkuyu and Easter Island in person at some point.

:Indigo: 33mhz R3k/48mb/XS24 :Indy: 150mhz R4400/256mb/XL24 :Fuel: 600mhz R14kA/2gb/V10 Image 8x1.4ghz Itanium 2/8GB :O3x08R: 32x600mhz R14kA/24GB :Tezro: 4x700mhz R16k/8GB/V12/DCD/SAS/FC/DM5 :O3x0: 2x700mhz R16k/4GB
Japan, European Space Port, California.
not actually one place to see, but I want to ride the complete transsib from moscow to wladivostok some time in my life
^

While I never did it the TransSib myself, I'd once a lady-friend who did - she was totally enthusiastic about it all the time [although she had started already in St. Petersburg].

Regarding long distance travels, another item high up on my places-to-see-before-I-die list is traversing the Pan-American. However, crazy as I'm, I'd like to do it by bicycle - it can be done for sure, some have done it. Of course, it probably would take me at least 18 months or so - no problem, I do have the time [and the money]. And it ends in Ushuaia - while I've been there before, I really would like to visit it again...

I could probably face the grim reaper with a smile if I only knew whether Sonny Liston took a dive ...
i got plenty :) but will just list down the possibles:
1. Great wall of tsina
2. Japan
3. Switzerland (want to see the alps?)
4. Austria (want to check the von trap house)
5. Rome (want to see some old history and be blessed at the vatican before leaving earth)
6. last but not the least, Leverkusen Germany (want to visit the place where i entered earth.. before leaving :) )

hamei wrote:
"mysteries to which you'd like to know the answer"
nice one ham!
mine would be: atlantis, bermuda triangle then! UFO ;)

How about adding "mysteries to which you'd like to know the answer" ? to this thread ?

Very dangerous idea!!! I really would like to know whether there was once a GOD who had created all that current mess just for his fun...If so, I just say, "fuck yourself"...

How about adding "mysteries to which you'd like to know the answer" ? to this thread ?

Very dangerous idea!!! I really would like to know whether there was once a GOD who had created all that current mess just for his fun...If so, I just say, "fuck yourself"...
Or more succinctly; why is there something rather than nothing...
Oskar45 wrote:
a GOD who had created all that current mess just for his fun...

no no no pal, you're going too high.

we managed (again) to create all this mess (again) just by ourselves (again).

zarathustra redivivus :)
I'd like to go diving in The Maldives again, before global warming submerges everything.

Currently in commercial service: Image :Onyx2: (2x) :O3x02L:
In the museum : almost every MIPS/IRIX system.
Wanted : GM1 board for Professional Series GT graphics (030-0076-003, 030-0076-004)
hamei wrote:

I could probably face the grim reaper with a smile if I only knew whether Sonny Liston took a dive ...

Well, there are a bunch of deaths that would be interesting to know the truth behind. Olof Palme or JFK perhaps?

fu wrote:
Oskar45 wrote:
a GOD who had created all that current mess just for his fun...

no no no pal, you're going too high.

we managed (again) to create all this mess (again) just by ourselves (again). :)

No, no, no pal, you're staying too low.

*Why* did a GOD create us so that we can manage (again) to create all this mess (again) just by ourselves (again)? It's a mystery to me :-)

Well, there are a bunch of deaths that would be interesting to know the truth behind. Olof Palme or JFK perhaps?

Harold Holt and Jimmy Hoffa for sure.

Harold Holt and the wacky conspiracy theories that surround him: The Australian Prime Minister was a Chinese spy and got picked up by a Chinese submarine... Yeah sure.
They never ever found the body....

I've seen most places I've wanted to go to, I wouldn't mind spending more at some of the places I've been though.

R.

アレゲはアレゲ以上のなにものでもなさげ -- アレゲ研究家

:Tezro: :Tezro: :Onyx2R: :Onyx2RE: :Onyx2: :O3x04R: :O3x0: :O200: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :PI: :PI: :1600SW: :1600SW: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy:
:hpserv: J5600, 2 x Mac, 3 x SUN, Alpha DS20E, Alpha 800 5/550, 3 x RS/6000, Amiga 4000 VideoToaster, Amiga4000 -030, 733MHz Sam440 AmigaOS 4.1 update 1. Tandem Himalaya S-Series Nonstop S72000 ServerNet.

Sold: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo:

Cortex ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cortex-th ... 11?sk=info
Minnie ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Minnie-th ... 02?sk=info
Book ----> http://pymblesoftware.com/book/
Github ---> https://github.com/pymblesoftware
Visit http://www.pymblesoftware.com
Search for "Pymble", "InstaElf", "CryWhy" or "Cricket Score Sheet" in the iPad App store or search for "Pymble" or "CryWhy" in the iPhone App store.
PymbleSoftware wrote:
Chinese spy and got picked up by a Chinese submarine...
wow! i can't imagine a Chinese submarine.. i wonder which movie clip they get it this time ^^

vish et al, russia is a trip of its own, i recommend it. i've ridden the transyb twice, first time was when the berlin wall went down and i got off @ perm. second time was a decade after and i managed to reach vladivostock, 100% shake, rattle and roll.

Oskar45 wrote:
No, no, no pal, you're staying too low.

gotcha allright the first time, i was just waiting for a logician's verbal diversion :)

Oskar45 wrote:
*Why* did a GOD create us so that we can manage (again) to create all this mess (again) just by ourselves (again)? It's a mystery to me :-)

panem et circenses, most likely :)