Hardware Wanted

Looking for P-Bricks - Page 2

I didn't message anyone on this board. I messaged two people on youtube who happened to be members here. Which I found out only after they commented on this topic.
As indicated before, most people owning Crimsons nowadays are unlikely to let go of them easily. Especially people frequenting these forums. If a forum member were to get rid of a Crimson, I'm quite sure they'd announce it, here. I can understand your wanting one, but the incessant "anyone willing to sell one, yet?" is getting old.

.tsooJ

(Yes, I own two Crimsons. No, I'm not parting with either of them.)

I didn't mean to seem incessant. I asked a while ago and they're wasn't much. So I figured maybe someone had changed their mind since four months ago.
Keep an eye on Craigslist, eBay, vcm. Let scrappers and hardware dealers near you know you're on the lookout. That's pretty much the best you can do.

.tsooJ

Will do. Thanks for the advice Alien.
A friend of mine has one sitting in the corner of his office collecting dust for at least the last decade. I haven't spoken to him in a while and I think he's attached to the machine nevertheless but I could at least ask about it.

Sure, you post here and you wait.
he waited four months before bumping, how long was he supposed to wait... years? decades?

sybrfreq wrote:
Quote:
he waited four months before bumping, how long was he supposed to wait... years? decades?

I have been waiting 4 years for a set of Octane2 skins that don't suck. 2 years for an old U10 that someone wants to chuck...

So yeah, years and decades if necessary. I think I am going to go bump those posts now. :D
sybrfreq wrote:
Quote:

Was not related to the bumping, but the hunting down of current owners of crimsons and asking for theirs.

That may very well be the only way to find one these days. If I was that tenacious/obsessive it is the route I would follow. He may have got a different result had he offered a couple grand for a crimson.

To get your banshee, you gotta go where the banshees are.

I gotta stop watching that movie, stupid James Cameron...
VenomousPinecone wrote:
zmttoxics wrote:
Was not related to the bumping, but the hunting down of current owners of crimsons and asking for theirs.

That may very well be the only way to find one these days. If I was that tenacious/obsessive it is the route I would follow. He may have got a different result had he offered a couple grand for a crimson.

There's a dude who keeps emailing me about once every six months asking if I've changed my mind about not being interested in selling my Pixar machine. Honestly the tactic is just irritating enough that I'm tempted to not tell him about it if I do ever decide to get rid.

I've gone down the route of even phoning people who have cool stuff. Some times people are happy when I offer to take their stuff, some times they don't answer. I try to be polite and not call to often or at inconvenient times. Some people need and even like to be "pushed" into getting things done others not. It is a balance and I certainly appreciate that you think it is annoying, especially if don't want to get rid of your awesome machine.

Btw, if anyone has a crimson in Sweden, I'll drive there tomorrow if need be :D

"(Jim) Clark's friends who did not know Ed McCracken came to believe that the man's name was Fucking Ed McCracken. Always the prankster, Clark also replaced the nameplate on his nemesis's door with one reading "Ed McMuffin," a change it took poor Ed three days to notice"-Salon
:Crimson: R4400-150 dead GTX (RE Progress 80%)
Currently in use: Sennheiser HD 600
Dragongolfer wrote:
Snowolf could you ask if its not to much trouble?

Will do.

There's always the 'put it together from parts' approach.
I got it one piece at a time
and it didn't cost me a dime
you'll know it's me when I come to your town
I'm gonna ride around around in style
I'm gonna drive everybody wild
'cause I'll have the only one there is around

Zuluchas was offering a chassis. There's always the 'put it together from parts' approach.

I still have an IP17 board and some RAM I could sell.

Currently in commercial service: Image :Octane2: :Onyx2: (2x) :0300:
In the museum: almost every MIPS/IRIX system.
jan-jaap what speed is your processor board, and how much RAM do you have?