Nekochan Net

PayPal Donation Link Added (plugin requires Prosilver theme) - Page 4

You bet, things have been going very well this year and I'm appreciative of all the support! I've donated to several forums and have noted that model seems to work the best for everyone.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
japes wrote: I hope the community continues to support the site and it's able to stay vibrant and free of ads.

Blipverts! :shock:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
vishnu wrote:
japes wrote: I hope the community continues to support the site and it's able to stay vibrant and free of ads.

Blipverts! :shock:

Was that from the Max Headroom movie?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indy:
Max Headroom yes but it was an episode from the series not the movie. Amanda Pays in Max Headroom, holy hot... :shock:
Project:
Plan:

I remember the episode, some developer who coded in the bath?
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indy:
The entire ep is on the tubes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wN9NXL2f8s :)
Project:
Plan:

Subscribed to topic so i get informed when donations open again.
I donated $5, not much but I hope it at least helps a little.. :oops:
:Octane: Aezora - 2xR10k 250 MHz - 1 GB RAM - 6.5.30
Hey, when did that go live again?? Well whatever, I'm glad for the chance to donate at last...
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube:
I was going to toss a bit more in, but when I go directly to /app.php/donation I get

Code: Select all

Unable to find template "donate/donate_body.html" (looked into: ./styles/subsilver2/template, ./styles/subsilver2/theme).
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 900MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12 DCD, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , 175MHz R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * RDI PrecisionBook * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
I had to log out to see and be able to click the "heart"-button on the forum main page.
:Indy: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :Octane2:
SGI - the legend will never die!!
Yep, I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread - the donate plugin isn't supported under subsilver2, only prosilver. Thanks for your support!
All Rights Reserved.
I tossed a few more frogskins into the kitty, let's keep the homefires burning! :lol:
Project:
Plan:

nekonoko wrote: Yep, I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread - the donate plugin isn't supported under subsilver2, only prosilver. Thanks for your support!

Perhaps this can be a bonus ... :twisted:
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 900MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12 DCD, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , 175MHz R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * RDI PrecisionBook * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
Finally managed to catch the donation link whilst it was open. :)
Systems in use:
:Indigo2IMP: - Nitrogen : R10000 195MHz CPU, 384MB RAM, SolidIMPACT Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, 100Mb/s NIC, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.22
:Fuel: - Lithium : R14000 600MHz CPU, 4GB RAM, V10 Graphics, 72GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, 1Gb/s NIC, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.30
Other system in storage: :O2: R5000 200MHz, 224MB RAM, 72GB 15k HDD, PSU fan mod, IRIX 6.5.30
Donated again ! Didn't catch the thing until I saw the thread today. Subsilver2 theme has the "Active Topics" link, which I'm using all the time, while prosilver theme has the donate button. I need both ! 8-)
:Octane2: :Octane: :Octane: :O2:
$2600 a year? Have you looked into Amazon EC2? Surely they would have some sort of a plan capable of hosting this site, there's not too many members... My dad pays around $100 a year in 3 year increments to host his site, though it may have less traffic than this one.
:Onyx: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy:
and a small army of Image
It's a possibility, but at a glance it looks like it's a lot of work to set up and configure as well.
All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote: It's a possibility, but at a glance it looks like it's a lot of work to set up and configure as well.

Again coming from my dad, he describes setting it up as "trivial" and says that running a website the size of Nekochan (encompassing blog, forums, wiki, etc) would probably be around the $100 a year I estimated. The main complexity in Amazon setup comes from the sheer number of add-ons, options, and features you can add. If you want, you could make a free account which gives you quite a limited cloud server but it would be enough to get a feel for the service.
:Onyx: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy:
and a small army of Image
I just don't have the time right now to sink into a project like that. You're under no obligation to donate - it's just an option for people that want to assist.
All Rights Reserved.