Nekochan Net

PayPal Donation Link Added (plugin requires Prosilver theme) - Page 5

nekonoko wrote: I just don't have the time right now to sink into a project like that. You're under no obligation to donate - it's just an option for people that want to assist.

Not a problem, I'm considering donating. Just making a suggestion for if you want to reduce operating costs, you don't have to follow it if you don't want to.
:Onyx: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy:
and a small army of Image
Yeay donated!
Image Image
Aw man, I feel bad for missing it this time around.. maybe you should spam our emails :twisted:
Donations are open again - I've done my part.
Designer of Fuel ATX PSU adapter board : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16732341
(now ships from USA)
Link is still open guys, toss a little Christmas cheer into the bucket! Can't remember what Pete said was the yearly cost for the forum uplink but I know it was a lot more than the 500USD that's currently been raised... :roll:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
How long will the donation link be up? Payday is two days from now :D
:O2: :O2: :O2:
They are multiplying. If you can read this, send help.
Last time Pete left it up until it hit the target. You would prefer another target, a military target? Then name the system! :lol:
Project:
Plan:

vishnu wrote: Last time Pete left it up until it hit the target. You would prefer another target, a military target? Then name the system! :lol:

Uhm, I can't donate $20 on Friday. I have to go see how they mocked up Grand Moff Tarkin in that new movie...
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube:
smj wrote:
vishnu wrote: Last time Pete left it up until it hit the target. You would prefer another target, a military target? Then name the system! :lol:

Uhm, I can't donate $20 on Friday. I have to go see how they mocked up Grand Moff Tarkin in that new movie...

Did they actually do that? I just looked at the full cast credits on imdb and he wasn't listed. But then if his character was all cgi I guess they wouldn't have to list him, but wouldn't they have to get permission from his estate to use his likeness? Either way I don't think they should have done it; caaaaaaah- reep -y! :shock:
Project:
Plan:

vishnu wrote:
smj wrote: Uhm, I can't donate $20 on Friday. I have to go see how they mocked up Grand Moff Tarkin in that new movie...

Did they actually do that? I just looked at the full cast credits on imdb and he wasn't listed. But then if his character was all cgi I guess they wouldn't have to list him, but wouldn't they have to get permission from his estate to use his likeness? Either way I don't think they should have done it; caaaaaaah- reep -y! :shock:

From what I have read, that's exactly what they did. I have no strong feelings about them doing it, I'd just like to see the results...

Hey, somebody go donate! We're getting off-topic here... ;)
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube:
Donations have been stuck at 500 dead p's for a while now, come on guys let's rally 'round the flag! 8-)

Col Needham, the founder and CEO of imdb, gave the movie 9 out of 10 and it's got an 8.3 with 17,000 votes so far, so, it's prolly pretty good. Anyone seen it yet?
Project:
Plan:

True to my word, I have donated on pay day ;)
:O2: :O2: :O2:
They are multiplying. If you can read this, send help.
Never seen this thread.... and it tooks some time to find that tiny donate button but than it was quite simple :) Pete take it as thx for the good old time and for forwarding a dozen ebay parcels with SGI stuff i werent able to buy without your help :)

Regards,
Joerg
I had never noticed this thread (or the button) myself. Jut sent some cheddar your way Pete. :)
Patrick

- You have got to be kidding... -
vishnu wrote: Donations have been stuck at 500 dead p's for a while now, come on guys let's rally 'round the flag! 8-)

I suspect that's just the donation counter that's stuck, not the actual donations themselves! Several people have donated since then, and it's still saying $500. I just hope that's not a sign that PayPal is holding our donations hostage and keeping them from Pete.

I just donated now, and I did so the first time around, too. I had intended it to be a semi-annual thing, "paying my dues" for membership here. Apparently I lost track of time. :oops: I'll try to remember again in an actual six months. The info on this site is definitely worth paying for!
:Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Indigo: :O3x0:
Sun SPARCstation 20, Blade 2500, T5240
HP C8000
Uh yeah, the counter is definitely stuck, if it's a counter at all. Could just be a typed-in number that Pete updates from time to time. But in terms of donating on a revolving schedule, every six months or whatever, that wouldn't have worked because Pete only made the donation link active again a few weeks ago. It had been off since we hit the target the first time... 8-)
Project:
Plan:

vishnu wrote: It had been off since we hit the target the first time...

I think this is the third time it's been active. I like that it has been off/on, gives me a reminder to donate.

I would be unsurprised that it was manually updated. And of course the content here is very valuable. The other day I noticed the phpBB statistics show the most active day as "Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:08" I was a little surprised it was this year - but it does track all the search bots as users and a small contingent of them always seem to be listed.
:O3000: :Fuel: :Tezro: :Tezro: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :1600SW: :O2: :1600SW: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :O3x0: :O3x02L: :O3x02L:
jpstewart wrote: I suspect that's just the donation counter that's stuck, not the actual donations themselves! Several people have donated since then, and it's still saying $500. I just hope that's not a sign that PayPal is holding our donations hostage and keeping them from Pete.

Yep, sorry about that - it is a manual update for the counter and I forgot to update it. Unfortunately the donation plugin is very bare bones, I wish it did more automatically.

Thanks much, everyone! I'll close the donations again around the 31st.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
As I've been lurking here for a while know I thought I should chip in to help run the site... and found this rather than the Paypal button. Are donations really closed for the time being? Any plan to re-open them, with or without Paypal?
owning: :Indy: :Octane: :Cube: (NeXTstation) - lusting after: :Crimson: :Onyx2: :Tezro:
For now it appears we have sufficient funds to maintain this site. If the need arises, Neko will open donations again.
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: