A warm hello to all the Sun-ers on Nekochan.
I recently aquired one complete Tadpole/RDI UltraBook IIi (400Mhz, 512Mb ram, 1*12 Gb hdd, ATI video, battery) and one incomplete UltraBook (166Mhz, functional but no ram, hdd, battery & power brick) to be used for spare parts for the IIi ...
After some struggle with the Solaris 10 installation (as only the 3/05 Solaris 10 images are compatible with the boot image from tadpole's site) i finaly managed to have a portable Sparc machine
As i saw that there are other UltraBook owners here on Nekochan, i want to ask you some questions (for which i did not find answers using google):
- I have an Accurite Travel Floppy 144 without any power brick. I connected the floppy to the UltraBook but i didn't find any device associated with it. Do i need some special voodoo to enable it ? Do i need a power brick for it ? (if so, can anyone tell me the req voltage and connector polarity ?)
- Does anyone know of other PCMCIA cards usable under Solaris 10 other than the ones listed on tadpole's site ?
- Do you know from where i can source some more HDD caddys for the UltraBook ? I would very much like to have separate hdds installed with every Solaris version. Are the caddys or the connectors compatible with some other PC laptops ?
- How do you protect your case from scratches ?
And some Solaris N00B questions (RTFM answers ok as long as you provide a link
- I tried installing the latest 10_Recommended patches and ALL refused to install with various error codes. Is there any trick on installing the patch cluster on Solaris 10 3/05 ?
- Did anyone succesfuly updated the Solaris 10 on their UltraBook to 11/06 ? How ? In my tries, i managed to install a botched 11/06 (with the 3/05 Tadpole boot cd and a lot of manual intervention). Except from some driver errors at boot it worked ok until i installed the latest patch cluster. Which FUBARed a ton of drivers including some Tadpole OEM ones
- I know my HP/UX, my Linux & my IRIX ... but i am a Solaris novice. Any links from where i can get some info on Solaris 10 and it's particularities ? (the latest Solarises worked with were 1.1 and 2.5.1 back in their day)
Thank you all very much.