SGI: Development

mips3 pledge - Page 2

I have build Qt 3.3.1 n32 mips4 r12k with high optimization last night.
No dependencies. Built with Mips Pro 7.41.

So if anyone is interested ... :)
Shall I describe it to you? Or do you want me to get you a box?
Oops, I should really check the dates before posting. :?

Away for 2 weeks and now catching up...

It is looking to me more and more like 7.3.1.3 just isn't great with C++. A lot of the headers weren't converted to use standard C++ conventions...

I really need to get a Developer Plus account sorted out...

Nik.
whiter wrote: I have build Qt 3.3.1 n32 mips4 r12k with high optimization last night.
No dependencies. Built with Mips Pro 7.41.

So if anyone is interested ... :)

Yeah i'm interested, you got a link?
I'll build inst packages of it when I'm at home.

Every package I build will be built with Mips Pro 7.41 and these flags:

Code: Select all

DEFAULTS = -DEFAULT:abi=n32:isa=mips4:proc=r12k:platform=ip30
CFLAGS = -Ofast
CXXFLAGS = -Ofast
LDFLAGS = -IPA
PREFIX = /opt/local

Or if IPA fails, a bit changed:

Code: Select all

CFLAGS = -O3 -OPT:Olimit=0:roundoff=3:div_split=ON:alias=typed
CXXFLAGS = -O3 -OPT:Olimit=0:roundoff=3:div_split=ON:alias=typed
LDFLAGS =

Last night I built gettext, bash, wget, qt-x11-free-3.3.1, qt-x11-free-3.3.1-mt

This reinstall of the O200 makes it work much smoother indeed. Yahoo :)

If I build inst packages for those, can I upload them somewhere on the nekochan server, or should I host them myself somewhere ? There will be loads more to come.
whiter wrote: If I build inst packages for those, can I upload them somewhere on the nekochan server, or should I host them myself somewhere ? There will be loads more to come.

Sure, I can set up a contrib folder for you. The server has plenty of storage space.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote: Sure, I can set up a contrib folder for you. The server has plenty of storage space.

Nice. Then please do so :-)
Nice work dexter1 -- I haven't had a chance to install it yet. I'll let you know how it goes. Yippee!
If it can help someone, I got two recurent error during building of qt 3.3.1 with Mips Pro 7.4 on Irix 6.5 64 bits.

The first :

cc-1020 CC: ERROR File = /foo/qt/src/tools/qdatastream.cpp, Line = 514
The identifier "strtoll" is undefined.
return strtoll( buf, (char**)0, 10 ); // C99 function

It was badly corrected by modifying "/usr/include/stdlib.h".

/usr/include/stdlib.h: Add the following at line 13
------------------------------------------------------------------------
#if defined(__c99) || ((defined(_SGIAPI) || defined(_ABIAPI)) &&
defined(_NO_ANSIMODE))
__SGI_LIBC_USING_FROM_STD(strtoll)
__SGI_LIBC_USING_FROM_STD(strtoull)
#endif

The second one : a core dump during making of QT Designer. Two solutions: upgrade to 7.4.1 or link to the libc.so version of memcmp(). To use the libc.so version, comment out the '#pragma intrinsic (memcmp)' line in the file '/usr/include/internal/string_core.h.

The two original sources where I find my answers:

http://lists.trolltech.com/qt-interest/ ... 315-0.html
http://www.trolltech.com/developer/compilers/mips.html

Hope it can help some people.
In the qt331 tardist i included that exact strtoll as a patch to /usr/include/stdlib.h

strtoll is actually a C99 function but not a C++ 99 one (yet)
Hello, I have a questions in regard to IRIX Software & Programming for the 02's. Firstly this is what I would like to achieve!

I have several o2's that I would like to use as simple video servers to output to multiple video projectors. Each o2 would output a individual video stream, But stored in a common file structure stored local on each machine. The require clips placed in each folder ie: Folder #1= Cue #1.

I want a Master o2 machine to have some form of playback window in which I could call "Cues" to the o2's playback units on the network. This would be a "live" drop & drag situation similar to what can be done on the Output window in IRIX on the o2. One machine calls the cues the others playback the required file. Sounds simple But I am sure that it is not?

The machines that I would use for playback are RM 5200 300mhz/Rm 7000 350mhz o2's with the full gig of ram & the analogue video card option (Svideo) most have single 9 gig 10k drives. Should I use the second drive bay for "Files" only storage? Would this give smoother output performance not running of the system disk?

For the master machine would I need a R12000 (I have a R12000 300mhz) to call cues or would this be over kill? Or could I get away with another R5000? Some would properly suggest an onyx for what I wish to achieve, But I need the system to be both transportable & work in sometimes less that perfect temperature conditions. I have heard that the onxy's like their feet firmly planted on the ground! The o2's would be a more stable machine for moving around.

What Tools or Software will I need to compile a program like this for the 02's & IRIX? I want to be able to give a programmer an o2 to work, develop, test on. What would be the best software to code in as I have a few options available?

Now I have seen some items on ebay.....Are these remotely helpfully for my task? If I buy these, Will I need a license? Do they require licenses? Will they run or are they even useable? I am completely unfamiliar with this side of things.......

SGI IRIX ProDev Developers Suite
Product #812-0768-003

SGI IRIX 6.5 Compilers and Developer Tools Update Kit
Includes:
ProDev Developers Suite May 1999
Compiler Execution Environment 7.3
IRIX Development Foundation 1.2

SGI IRIX MIPSpro C Compiler 7.2.1
SGI part number is #812-0707-002

Open Inventor 2.1.5
Used for IRIX 6.2, 6.3, 6.4, 6.5
Product #812-0794-002

Any help or experience would be very appreciated, I am very keen to make this a reality & actually put my blue baby's to good use.

Latter I would like to refine the system to somehow interface to DMX 512 (lighting standard protocol) & be able to trigger the Master o2 Via a lighting control desk for integration with automated lighting, I am thinking throught some form of ethernet communication.

Also on the list to be able to allow for keystone correction, possible by mapping the image to polgons or a surface patch & pull the outer points to reshape the video output. I would want this feature because the LCD projectors that I will be using are mounted on a moving yold (frame) & their position is programable.

I appreciate any suggestions or personal experiences as I am flying Blind!

Craig >Timberoz
hello,

got the qt pack but qmake is missing!!!! the whole folder!
r-a-c.de
A big hello to all you almighty people who are giving us the software for our beloved SGI computers.

I have a pledge - if it's not a hassle can you please also make mips3 versions for the binaries you make available ? There are a few people around with only access to R4k machines and no chance of upgrading to somthing better. And not everyone can compile his sources.

At least - please [Neko] - specify in the download section as a comment or in the archive name - mips4 only. It SUCKS to download the whole Mozilla package over a slow 'net connection only to be greeted with an: "mozilla-bin: architecture not supported" :(

Thank you for your time and keep up the good work !
I vote for both 3 and 4, although I will only build mips4 myself, which is already taking so much of my precious time.

I have a pledge - if it's not a hassle can you please also make mips3 versions for the binaries you make available ? There are a few people around with only access to R4k machines and no chance of upgrading to somthing better. And not everyone can compile his sources.

Actually, why not ? The parts to do it are all available (not MIPSPro, but gcc.) I also don't have the time or skills needed to barge through the dependencies swamp, but I certainly could set up a script and let it run overnight. You would like mips 3, I'd like highly-optimized mips4, the people doing the work would like some occasional sleep :-)

What about good step-by-step recipes for self-compiling ? Linux turkies can do it - the trouble with Irix is that there are so many goofy gnu-isms in gcc, but once someone has figured those out if there were a recipe along with the mips4 packages why *couldn't* people compile their own gcc versions for mips3 ?
foetz wrote:
got the qt pack but qmake is missing!!!! the whole folder!

Ah woops, the bin/qmake was a link to qmake/qmake. Should have spotted that one. You only need the qmake binary? Or do you also need the qmake dir with object files?
while not affiliated with nekochan directly I will soon be offering alot of items for older IRIX releases in about a month. I have half of my development environment built out with the remainder coming online in a week.

IRIX 5.3, IRIX 6.2, and some things for IRIX 6.5 will be available. the focus is mainly on older IRIX releases which are far less supported but equally important.

other than compiled for others to use, GCC has no place on my IRIX machines. supporting tuxed up garbage is not an option.

i think the current nekochan contributors support IRIX 6.5 nicely and they should continue to focus on that. Most of us probably have real jobs and lives and are not paid to do this so focusing on a single area is probably the best approach.

perhaps a bit more formal approach to software development/porting at nekochan would be beneficial to all. a formal team of contributors broken down by IRIX release... so we have foetz cranking out 6.5 mozilla while others are doing the same for 5.3 and 6.2 etc.

just a thought.

Mostly because an R10K250 isn't powerful enough to run any of it half decently, so anything MIPS3 is obviously going to be completely overwhelmed.

lisp wrote:
... so anything MIPS3 is obviously going to be completely overwhelmed.

There was a old russian saying in the lines of:
When you don't have raspberries, you drink tea from its leaves and say that it's good
My R4400/200Mhz tea is good :)

I am willing to help - but I have only gcc and little experience beyond "./compile && make && make install"
psergiu wrote:
lisp wrote:
... so anything MIPS3 is obviously going to be completely overwhelmed.

There was a old russian saying in the lines of:
When you don't have raspberries, you drink tea from its leaves and say that it's good
My R4400/200Mhz tea is good :)

I am willing to help - but I have only gcc and little experience beyond "./compile && make && make install"

Congratulations! You are over qualified as an open source programmer.