Japan

What about Japanese girls? - Page 1

It would be instructive to hear from any Nekochan members who have had relationships with girls born and raised in Japan. Seems to me that American girls these days grow up with a strong sense of entitlement and certain amount of narcissism, which they don't seem to shed until well into their 30's. Are Japanese girls any different? What do they tend to look for in a guy?

A law school pal has a Japanese wife whom he met while teaching English as a second language over in Osaka, and she seems pretty cool compared with most of the American girls I've met. Any corroboration / contradictions?
ajerimez wrote:
Seems to me that American girls these days grow up with a strong sense of entitlement and certain amount of narcissism

Presumably due to TV continually telling them "Because you're worth it".
Sometimes I try to stay away from American girls.
ajerimez wrote:
narcissism... Are Japanese girls any different?

No.

But in general I would try to avoid catagorizing based on cultural/ethic differences and instead focus on individuals, who will come in all shapes/sizes/demeanors/psychologies regardless of where they came from. Your current sample size, for instance, appears to be one. However, if for some reason you are thinking of finding some submissive or subservient Asian women based on stereotypes, I believe you will find yourself sorely mistaken...
mail-order brides are your friend.

...or polygamy

* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
ajerimez wrote:
A law school pal has a Japanese wife whom he met while teaching English as a second language over in Osaka, and she seems pretty cool compared with most of the American girls I've met. Any corroboration / contradictions?

Funny, I have a friend who did the same...was even in law school, but that's on hold to make money for now. I can't say I know much about her though, she's a little shy because of a language barrier. I think she keeps him in line though.

:O3000: :O200: :Fuel: :Fuel: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: <--challenge S
dc_v01 wrote:
However, if for some reason you are thinking of finding some submissive or subservient Asian women based on stereotypes, I believe you will find yourself sorely mistaken...

Definitely not - submissive / subservient girls are not my cup of tea. Thankfully another Nekochan member has provided some useful info based on his own experience via PM.
dc_v01 wrote:
... some submissive or subservient Asian women based on stereotypes ...

Ah, the demure little David Bowie China Girl ... right.
What about Canadians? ;)

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
hamei wrote:
dc_v01 wrote:
... some submissive or subservient Asian women based on stereotypes ...

Ah, the demure little David Bowie China Girl ... right.

Mostly totally off-topic, that song came on in a ramen shop in Harajuku when my wife and I were there... Thought it was rather ironic...

Back on topic, a good friend of mine that lived in Japan for 20 years can't really relate very well with American females, only Japanese ones. So there must be something there.

Back in grad school, I shared an apartment with a couple of female students. One of them was Canadian. Demure, soft spoken, very intellectual, and absolutely a homicidal psychopath when it came to hockey. Awesome combination.

One year, her hometown team (Vancouver Canucks) played one of the NY area teams in the playoffs (that's where we were at the time). I turned on the tv, we got comfortable on the couch to watch the game, and as soon as the puck dropped, she was screaming, yelling, moaning, groaning, on the floor, pounding the wall with her fists, occasional blasts of profanity, etc., etc. -- for the entire length of the game. Of course, when the Canucks scored, she'd scream, "YES! YES!!! Oh, God!!! YESSSSSSSS!!!!!" I wish I had a tape recorder!

The next morning, I was taking the garbage out to the curb, and my next door neighbor came out, and asked me -- in total seriousness -- how I "lasted so long." I just winked back at him. The girl in the apartment across the hall was also very friendly to me after that! ;)

The best part of it was that my roommate really was very innocent, and she had no idea how her umm, "noises" were construed by the neighbors. Eventually I told her, she turned deep red, and she was never able to look the neighbors in the eye again.

I have no idea why I didn't marry that girl, besides the fact that I'm an idiot. :lol:
hummm i like to have relationship with a or some japaness girl....

laurent

ajerimez wrote:
narcissism... Are Japanese girls any different?

Things have moved on quite a bit since the days of Yamato Nadeshiko :)

All Rights Reserved.
Update: So for the past few weeks I've been seeing a Chinese girl, Sophy. We met through eHarmony. She's a second-year law student at NYU (one of the top five American law schools) and she is everything that American girls are not - doting, humble, generous, attentive, and affectionate. She treats me far better than I deserve.

Still, I don't think we'll be together forever - she and I are good together physically, but she's not that interesting out of bed. She's also peculiarly close to her parents in China - she talks to them twice a day over the internet. I'm just wary of hurting her feelings, which it seems is bound to happen eventually, as I'm the first guy she's really been with. So I'm trying to figure out how to put her down gently, though if I were smart I'd probably go for keeps.

Anyway, so far the experience confirms my suspicion that Asian girls are generally better partners than American girls.
ajerimez wrote:
Update: So for the past few weeks I've been seeing a Chinese girl, Sophy.

Jesus, AJ. Run. Change your name, change your city, change your career before it's too late.
hamei wrote:
ajerimez wrote:
Update: So for the past few weeks I've been seeing a Chinese girl, Sophy.

Jesus, AJ. Run. Change your name, change your city, change your career before it's too late.

Ha! Uh, care to elaborate? :)
funny how often a sample of one can confirm suspicions.

My sample is larger than one. I'm kind of a slow learner :?
hamei wrote:
skywriter wrote:
funny how often a sample of one can confirm suspicions.

My sample is larger than one. I'm kind of a slow learner :?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mine's real Japanese, "Yamato Nadeshiko" full force, I guess it's because we're older and she's from a smaller and traditional town... It's quite amazing, but sometimes puzzling and sometimes difficult to deal with (especially the self-deprecation). It's way more subtle than being submissive (she isn't, you're right, that would be absolutely boring), it's more a sense of duty and self-sacrifice... The self-sacrifice thing gets weird sometimes, because most of the time it is unnecessary, but that's the only answer she's got... It's a daily learning experience, but I wouldn't trade it for anything else :-)

As far as western chicks go, don't worry, the sense of entitlement lasts quite a bit longer than in their 30's, then it turns into alimony :-D Frankly, I think they take their sense of entitlement with them to their grave...