Japan

What about Japanese girls? - Page 2

unixmuseum wrote:
Mine's real Japanese ...

Japan != China, that's for damned sure.

Funny ... if Japan hadn't blundered into that stupid Pearl Harbor trick the world would be quite different today. China with Japanese running things could be quite a force to contend with.

Perhaps that's what Washington was worried about in 1941 ... dumb move, Yamamoto. Dumb dumb dumb.

unixmuseum wrote:
...it's more a sense of duty and self-sacrifice ...

Exactly the two things China does not have. China is a case of family values run wild because of Confucianism. If it is not your immediate family then your duty is to lie, cheat, and steal as much as possible for your family. And sacrifice ? You've got to be kidding. The only person who exists in a Little Emperor's mind is myself ! Me me me !!! They may as well be Republicans. Or Ayn Rand acolytes ...

Of course there are many exceptions, but in Shanghai ... well, Shanghai is the new armpit of the Universe. Shenzhen is another unpleasant body part :D
I wonder what the Japanese men think of this phenomenon. I've heard they actually resent this a lot, I saw scans of Japanese magazines where they condemned this. Any information on that? (Japanese speakers that have heard of this also?)

Anyway, I'd never want to upset the Japanese. So I'll just stick to the beautiful blue-eyed blonde Dutch girls. ;)

a little short sighted true, but given the prevailing nationalism of the times... unavoidable.

Quote:
"In the first six to twelve months of a war with the United States and Great Britain I will run wild and win victory upon victory. But then, if the war continues after that, I have no expectation of success."

Admiral Yamamoto, 1940

looks like he was on the right track anyway.

Ahem... so, uh, in lieu of starting another thread on the subject, does anyone have any advice on how to break up with the Chinese girl you've been seeing for two months, who is now talking about moving in with you, and who has filled your kitchen with her pots & pans, your bathroom with her toiletries, and your schedule with her constant demands for attention?

(In other words, Hamei, how did you know?)

Seriously, though, she's not all that bad, but if she were in charge we'd be married and on our second child by now. Thank god she's also a second-year law student, so we both have significant demands for our time outside the relationship. But she recently made a unilateral deal with me that if we're not totally committed to each other by the time we take the bar exam (1.5 years away), that we can go our separate ways. I have a hard time explaining to her that she's making an awfully big assumption there!
ajerimez wrote:
(In other words, Hamei, how did you know?)

<irony> just a lucky guess ... </irony>
Watch a Chinese day time soap opera some time.. :roll:

This will give a small insight into the very scary Chinese female mind.

skywriter wrote:
hamei wrote:
Perhaps that's what Washington was worried about in 1941 ... dumb move, Yamamoto. Dumb dumb dumb.

a little short sighted true, but given the prevailing nationalism of the times... unavoidable.

Quote:
"In the first six to twelve months of a war with the United States and Great Britain I will run wild and win victory upon victory. But then, if the war continues after that, I have no expectation of success."

Admiral Yamamoto, 1940

looks like he was on the right track anyway.

Not much choice for the Japanese. The US and UK had cut off oil supplies because the Japanese were better at raping china than they were. It was the British that brought opium from the middle east into china to enslave the Chinese by the tens if not hundreds of thousands.. The Japanese were also providing payback for Chinese attacks on Japan over the centuries. If forced into a corner by the UK and US take out the main part of the US fleet as a preemptive move seems logical.

Regan.

アレゲはアレゲ以上のなにものでもなさげ -- アレゲ研究家

:Onyx2R: :Onyx2RE: :0300: <-> :0300: <-> :0300: :O200: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo: :PI: :PI: :1600SW: :1600SW: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :O2000: :hpserv: J5600,
3 x SUN, 2 x Mac, Alpha DS20E, Alpha 800 5/550, 2 x RS/6000, Amiga 4000 VideoToaster, Amiga4000 -030, 733MHz Sam440 AmigaOS 4.1 update 1. Tandem Himalaya S-Series Nonstop S72000 ServerNet.
Well, my wife and I have been together for almost 14 years. She is from mainland China and DEFINITELY NOT THE SUBMISSIVE TYPE!! :D

A word on Japanese women: Quite a few of the ones I know really don't want to settle down until the last minute.

This all being said, best of luck to you! :D All this talk about Japanese and Chinese women. With the Almighty's sense of humor, he'll probably put you madly in love with a girl from Mexico! :D

take care

schultzj wrote:
With the Almighty's sense of humor, he'll probably put you madly in love with a girl from Mexico! :D

take care

Yeah… I concur. The Allmighty™ has a weird sense of humor. He put me twice into relationships with girls from greece...
Talk about "Big Fat Greek Wedding"… LOL

I ususally dont categorize… but my own experience tells me that there is actually some sort of "Cultural Parametrization"
:)

Japan. Sounds interesting though... :) Probably because of the exotic touch. Nevertheless: If you look upon the flow of your failing relationshsips. The only constant is YOU! :) (this is no pun at anyone but me… )

Cheers, all of you have a great sunny sunday… like here in Germany... :)

Martin

and some other stuff… that won't count…
hehe, take yoko ono - money makes the world go 'round
best to You, omelett
I would have to agree with mainframe.ai's comments. You just can't generalize. I found that things works best if you just relax and try to enjoy your life. You will find that positive vibes and and a good attitude tend to attract almost any woman. :D

My wife and I were classmates at Calif. State University before she errr, umm, hijacked me. :)

take care
j

Oh yes you can.
Quote:
My wife and I were classmates at Calif. State University before she errr, umm, hijacked me. :)

Exactly !
Oh come on. :D It's not THAT bad.

Besides, it's not like I put up a fight. :)

Turns out that the real trick was getting her parents (who didn't speak english) won over. Took me four years to earn her mother's trust. :)

Careful there, you're treading on thin ice. This is hamei you're talking to. ;-)

Hamei, as my mentor (blazin' yoda) would no-doubt say, "breathe......inhale......breathe.." :D

take care,
jay

Your mentor doesn't live in China ....
Okay. I give up. I honestly don't know what to do with you except fill your inbox with sexy pictures of Shu Qi. :D

Update: The good news is, she's not pregnant. The bad news is that she stopped taking birth control a week or two ago and declined to notify me until I asked her yesterday. Her explanation was that she wanted to switch to another kind of pill that might have fewer side effects, but had to wait until her next period to do so.

Whatever. I wasn't thrilled to spend a day worrying that she might have an umbilical cord to my financial future growing inside her. I was going to wait until after finals to break up with her, but at this point I just want to end this now. Plus my kitchen is absolutely full of her pots & pans.

Ugh!
Ohhh, I have been in THAT boat too damn often!!! Yep, it may be time you two went your separate ways. All in all, it's better to stop it sooner rather than later.

That's one thing I've noticed that you have to watch with Chinese girls. They are used to being in control all the time. If she is truly in your space and trying to eat your life and you can't reason with her, it's time to reach for the ejection lever.

take care and good luck!!!
j

After nearly 15 years with the same woman, I can firmly say that I believe that "the deed" done outside of marriage is akin' to sleeping with an activated landmine.

Please understand that I am not out to convert anyone. It's just my experience I am relating.

The 'girl' in question I think was playing a dangerous game deciding not to take her "pill" when she did. The sad thing is that her real motives may in fact go completely untold.

j