Japan

What about Japanese girls? - Page 3

hamei, my friend, trust me. I WISH I didn't. Next time I am in Hong Kong on business, we can get together and swap horror stories if you want. :D

Nonetheless, Shultzie.mouth->close();

Buy her a ticket on the Alone Train to Aloneville, with stops in Ex-Girlfriend Junction and West Breakin' Up With You...

We'll see how this plays out. Usually they don't go gentle into that long dark night.
Quote:
We'll see how this plays out. Usually they don't go gentle into that long dark night.
That's why you sign 'em up at soyouvebeendumped.com... 8-)
vishnu wrote:
That's why you sign 'em up at soyouvebeendumped.com... 8-)

That won't even slow down a Chinese girl. We ain't talkin small time amatoors here, vish. You're barely to the Bear level merit badge when you get the phone call "I'm breaking everything in the house (smash ! in the background), hurry up and come home so I can (smash) kill you (smash) and then I'm going to (smash smash) kill myself."

Why gee, sweety, I'll do everything possible to get there as soon as I can, promise.

All in a day's fun with Chinese women. Hang in there, AJ. At least you won't be bored.
Guys,

I think it's fair to discuss cultural norms, etc., but I think that parts of this thread do cross a line of ethnic and gender stereotyping that really isn't what this site should be about.

As a moderator, I've been asked to address several posts over the past year or so that members believed to be racist, etc., and it's not always an easy thing as a moderator to make some of the judgment calls about whether something crosses a line or not. No matter the decision, someone ends up being offended, either the original poster or the person making the complaint.

I realize that some find this thread to be pretty entertaining, but I also notice that we haven't heard from our relatively small number of female members in a while, and I can't help but wonder why.

I haven't deleted any posts or locked the thread, but it's a tempting prospect for the sake of moderator consistency. Please give a thought to what you are writing, and whether or not you are getting a laugh out of something that makes Nekochan a less welcoming place.

-JH
My wife and mother in law occasionally read this also. No idea why. They are both Asian and female and I have never heard a complaint. However this thread is probably not much compared to the overwhelming teenage boy-ness of the site in general. Hamei's Linux Onyx2 driver post, etc... The female posters very very rarely post on this site anyway. The site is mostly about boy toys: computers with occasional references to anime, graphic arts, cars, motorcycles, guns, girls, etc... A group of guys together will be guys.. a group of cats together will shred a couch. It is the nature of things. Although I did think that a few things would not have made the girl in question happy but anyway does she know about the site or whats been written anyway..

RR.

アレゲはアレゲ以上のなにものでもなさげ -- アレゲ研究家

:Onyx2R: :Onyx2RE: :0300: <-> :0300: <-> :0300: :O200: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo: :PI: :PI: :1600SW: :1600SW: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :O2000: :hpserv: J5600,
3 x SUN, 2 x Mac, Alpha DS20E, Alpha 800 5/550, 2 x RS/6000, Amiga 4000 VideoToaster, Amiga4000 -030, 733MHz Sam440 AmigaOS 4.1 update 1. Tandem Himalaya S-Series Nonstop S72000 ServerNet.
You mean posts asking for relationship advice can lead to a slippery slope? Who'da thunk!

Perhaps we should rename this thread "What about Cylon girls?" ... :lol:
Well I, for one, appreciate Hamei's advice, opinionated as it may be. I doubt this will climax with Sophy wrecking my place, but you never know. She's been pretty well-behaved so far. If anything, she's liable to be harder on herself than on me.

She's been sick so we haven't seen each other in over a week now, but she's supposed to come over on Sunday night, and I'll have a serious discussion with her then. Hopefully she won't take it too badly. I'll post an update afterward.

Thankfully, Sophy has no interest in SGI systems (she doesn't even know that I collect them or what they are), and she doesn't know that I go by "ajerimez" online, so there's a zero likelihood of her reading any of this.
Ah. Somehow I think you will be alright. She may just take this as one of those "life experiences" (at least I am hoping). I would expect her to be upset, but not to the point where she starts throwing things.

Best of luck!
jay

take care!
jay

--Quizatz Haderach

(remember, you started it). :D
jay

Girls are the same everywhere. They type their livejournal posts the same way, they send pretty much the same amount of text messages every day (unless they're being excluded), it's just a problem of which ones are worth bothering with and which ones aren't.

Because I'm Asian, I find blondes very attractiive. And not just dirty blondes - gold-white blondes.
schultzj wrote:
(remember, you started it). :D

LOL!

With the number of other geeks here, I knew it wouldn't be hard for someone to pick up on the reference. I have nothing further to add to that discussion. ;-)

About 75% of the women in America today are blond, but only about 10% of them achieved it without the use of chemicals.
I spent many years working with concentrated hydrogen peroxide (70 percent and above) and just the vapors wafting through the lab turned my hair blonde... :shock:
vishnu wrote:
I spent many years working with concentrated hydrogen peroxide (70 percent and above) and just the vapors wafting through the lab turned my hair blonde... :shock:

You built torpedoes ? I always wanted a small submarine ...
hamei wrote:
I always wanted a small submarine ...

that doesn't sound like you hamei!