SGI: Computer Graphics

My SGI icons - Page 2

Any more requests are welcomed!
modology wrote:
Any more requests are welcomed!

Onyx2 Deskside... please, please :D :D

:1600SW: :Onyx: :Onyx2: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Fuel: :Fuel:
Crimson Jurassic Classic :D

Those are really nice. I specially like how you did logos and text on the cases, I never would have enough patience for that.

Pontus wrote:
modology wrote:
it's not easy to convert it to SVG since I made everything in Photoshop

I thought so, just curious :)

If you are willing to sacrifice some detail, then turning those images to vector drawings is pretty straightforward. Here is my quick and sad attempt for example. (Yes, I chose the easiest one, and the text on the case is done with a font that looks close enough.)
Image Image

You want it, you get it!! The most complex icon i've done so far, took me like 3 hours after you requested. Can someone tell me what is the actual color of Onyx2. i looked up internet, it seems they have purple and black color. Enjoy!
modology wrote:
i looked up internet, it seems they have purple and black color. Enjoy!

The Onyx2 is completely purple; the Onyx(1) was purple/black.

http://www.nekochan.net/wiki/gallery2/v/SGI_ ... /album133/

All Rights Reserved.
modology wrote:

You want it, you get it!! The most complex icon i've done so far, took me like 3 hours after you requested. Can someone tell me what is the actual color of Onyx2. i looked up internet, it seems they have purple and black color. Enjoy!

*WOW* fast as lightning... turbo service

thank you!! :D :D

she is a purple beauty

:1600SW: :Onyx: :Onyx2: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Fuel: :Fuel:
Wow, these are outstanding. I especially like how the Onyx2 includes the translucent sliding doors on the front. They should have made them black like your icon, that looks cool. It would have made more sense given the name, too.

I'll be looking forward to the Indigo2 R10K Impact version!

Onyx2 looks stunning!

Will you do the old-school onyx? please do one that still has the stickers on front like mine: http://pohl.ececs.uc.edu/~mark/DSC09037.JPG

Also, some perspective would be cool... an isometric view similar to this I always thought sexy (with the purple stripe on front and top)... http://pohl.ececs.uc.edu/~mark/DSC09039.JPG

(bonus: just change the colors and it can be a crimson!)

if you need me to move it around a bit, there is a big CRT and a huge pile of laundry right there, or move my printer and stuff (Raphael!!) out of the way just yell at me and I can take a better picture tomorrow, but finding more/better reference images elsewhere shouldn't be too hard.

for scale/ aspect ratio: the chassis is 26 inches high, 21 inches wide, and 29 inches deep.

Maybe I'll make a mousepad or t-shirt out of it :D

Maybe I'll make a mousepad or t-shirt out of it
Let me PM modology - we have his blessing, at least in a cursory way, but I'd like to make sure he's cool with something and get some higher resolution files to work with. Please stand by ...

I've been wishing that someone can build a new version of Inkscape for IRIX or at least any vector drawing software that supports SVG. I really want to create some design for T-Shirt, done entirely on IRIX without even touching any Win box. That would be so cool!!!
modology wrote:
I've been wishing that someone can build a new version of Inkscape for IRIX ...

I have been wishing that someone would fix Inkscape, period. Crashes on everything it's supposed to run on, hasn't been touched in years. Maybe some of the people who are so excited about getting Linux running on SGI hardware could do something useful for a change ...
Wow Onyx2 icons are looking great!

modology wrote:
[image]http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/4963/filew.png[/image]

Oh, imageshack. No wonder my connection to nekochan has been screwed up for days.

Imageshack hurt the feelings of the Chinese people and damages our harmonica society so it's blocked. Not only is it blocked but if you try to go there, your connection is clamped to molasses speed for a period of time.

Sorry for the unauthorized use of italics, Sky. Check's in the mail, I promise :)
hamei wrote:
modology wrote:
I've been wishing that someone can build a new version of Inkscape for IRIX ...

I have been wishing that someone would fix Inkscape, period. Crashes on everything it's supposed to run on, hasn't been touched in years. Maybe some of the people who are so excited about getting Linux running on SGI hardware could do something useful for a change ...

I have found that most open source Linux programs are like that. They seem like a great idea on the web page, but as soon you download them and start using them, you realize that something is horribly wrong. Maybe that is because they are made by programmers without the help of the people who are actually going to use the program.

Somewhere in the process usability is forgotten. Truth is, you are not going to make any masterpiece if you are not comfortable working with the program. Blender is a good example of this. It may be a very capable program, but has a user interface similar to more than 10 years old Amiga programs.

I can not say anything about the Inkscape though, maybe I should try it out and see if it is any good.
Edit: Ooops! Wrong thread.

I have been trying to learn some new graphics programs for the past 2 days, so I may as well contribute to this thread.

Here comes the purple toaster...
Nice one. I guess u were using riscPc vector software to draw it?