Nekochan Net

New Nekochan Wiki! - Page 7

I'd posted earlier that I disabled the Citation template due to performance issues. I updated a couple extensions and it seems better now.

All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote:
I'd posted earlier that I disabled the Citation template due to performance issues. I updated a couple extensions and it seems better now.

Thanks.

For some reason "Wanted pages" and "Wanted Templates" seem to be empty when I know that I left about 100 wanted pages and a lot of them were wanted templates. Perhaps we can clean up the other templates while we are at..?

R.

アレゲはアレゲ以上のなにものでもなさげ -- アレゲ研究家

:Tezro: :Tezro: :Onyx2R: :Onyx2RE: :Onyx2: :O3x04R: :O3x0: :O200: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :PI: :PI: :1600SW: :1600SW: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy:
:hpserv: J5600, 2 x Mac, 3 x SUN, Alpha DS20E, Alpha 800 5/550, 3 x RS/6000, Amiga 4000 VideoToaster, Amiga4000 -030, 733MHz Sam440 AmigaOS 4.1 update 1. Tandem Himalaya S-Series Nonstop S72000 ServerNet.

Sold: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo:

Cortex ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cortex-th ... 11?sk=info
Minnie ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Minnie-th ... 02?sk=info
Book ----> http://pymblesoftware.com/book/
Github ---> https://github.com/pymblesoftware
Visit http://www.pymblesoftware.com
Search for "Pymble", "InstaElf", "CryWhy" or "Cricket Score Sheet" in the iPad App store or search for "Pymble" or "CryWhy" in the iPhone App store.
Sure, just let me know which templates need to be imported. It was an out-of-date "ParserFunctions" extension that caused the performance problem, so that's now fixed.

All Rights Reserved.
PymbleSoftware wrote:
For some reason "Wanted pages" and "Wanted Templates" seem to be empty when I know that I left about 100 wanted pages and a lot of them were wanted templates.

When I was debugging the performance problem I set $wgDisableCounters and $wgMiserMode which turned those off. I've reenabled both.

All Rights Reserved.
ok rockers, we broke the five-oh-oh record and pete rolled out the citation templates

i started the monitors article as a simple list and created a scratchbook for layouts to see what the idea of having one article for one type of device against multiple machines would look like.

see what you think and let us rookie wiki-editors know. will get back to fix silly typos and such after some sleep, it's almost sunday saturday here (i ain't drunk, i'm just sleepless) :)
fu wrote:
ok rockers, we broke the five-oh-oh record and pete rolled out the citation templates

I also cleaned up a few configuration problems I discovered while importing the templates which improve performance. In addition I figured out a way to stop the Chinese trackback bots that were clawing at the blog page, driving my load averages through the roof :)

All Rights Reserved.
@neko/smj/regan and the rest of the wiki veterans:

- is there a way to have a "hidden/test" page, say like the Layout Test to avoid concurrent editing? not exactly hidden but the {{inuse}} tag brings out an alert

-do the "stubs", "wanted", "lonely" & "dead end" lists get updated automatically? funny, when i click on stubs today i get nothing (it was full of red links yesterday)

@all the young dudes, carrying the news:

-no excuses kids, here's the basics: Editing the Nekochan Wiki , please come help us :)

-we now have a very sleek and tidy "To Do" list, dressed as the middle grayish box on the left side of the front page:
ToDo.png
ToDo.png (31.52 KiB) Viewed 606 times

-you can always start an article with just a pretty basic format/layout, give us a shout here and one of us wikifiers will jump in to help, but remember to categorize everything.
We didn't have an {{inuse}} template - or any other similar template I could find - so I put one together very quickly.

Be sure to insert it as the first line of the page if you're going to be editing said page for an extended period.

If you put {{inuse| username }} it will substitute a text box that reads something like "This page being edited by username as of 20130903014316."
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube:
thanks smj,

thought it was part of the standard wiki code setup, need to do some more reading about wiki templates
Good to see a bit of activity in the wiki.
Torfinn
Over 130 edits by the top five most active users in the last 30 days, but they don't all result in mentions here in the forums. And yes, always gratifying to see things happening. Thanks for your recent edits, Torfinn. ;)
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube: