Fear of Artificial Intelligence - Page 3

frightened about AI ? the best movie ever seen :D :D :D :D

Title: Automata
Category: Feature Film
Year: 2014
Playtime: 109 minutes
Starring: Antonio Banderas Birgitte Hjort Sørensen Dylan McDermott
Director: Gabe Ibáñez
Plot: An insurance agent of ROC robotics corporation routinely investigates the case of a robot apparently modifying itself, in direct violation of its cognitive rules. What he discovers will have profound consequences for the future of humanity.
have fun
There's really nothing to worry about, nobody who's written serious code thinks that anything approaching human self-awareness, much less actual intelligence, is going to come out of a computer program... :P
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
I read somewhere today that IBM's Watson is capable of passing the CISSP exam :mrgreen:
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. ( IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report )
hamei wrote: You guys are bad. You made me download Logan's Run .

The first half was silly but Jenny Agutter without any underwear and barely any overwear made it passable. Or better than passable :)

But the second part, hokey smokes, Alfie. Whose idea was that ? The minute he said, "We have to go back and save them" I knew it was over. Threw the file away at that point. Even Jenny Braless couldn't have saved that.

Feeling happy I didn't spend $7.50 on it when it was in the theatres.

So much for artificial intelligence ....

I think Jenny Agutter was semi-naked in 90% of her films.. next to watch is American Werewolf in London.. (try and avoid the railway children if you're after nude films.. she was 12.. bad search criteria).
But Logan's Run is without doubt a classic, unfortunately they decided to produce a TV show which contained too many odd-characters and no Jenny. This consisted each week of Logan + strange group visiting a strange place with a hidden secret, closely followed by the hunting Francis 7.
oh and there were no orgy scenes in any episode..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
Found this page which lists a lot of Cyberpunk movies
a few of them deal in detail the Fear of Artificial Intelligence :D
have fun
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. ( IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report )
AI; after 50 years of research and "just around the corner" promises all they've been able to produce are unbeatable board game players and artificial stupidity bots... :lol:
Project:
Plan:

jan-jaap wrote: Looks like Microsoft hasn't nailed AI quite yet . :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure this comes as a terrible shock to anyone who's never been on the Internet, ever.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/D-50/MT-32/SC-55k, Ensoniq SQ-80/Mirage, Yamaha DX7/V-50/FB-01/SY22, Korg DW-8000/MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/M1/03-RW, E-mu Emax HD/Proteus/2, Rhodes Chroma Polaris
commodorejohn wrote:
jan-jaap wrote: Looks like Microsoft hasn't nailed AI quite yet . :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure this comes as a terrible shock to anyone who's never been on the Internet, ever.

Ha ha yeah, what's the phrase they use on Slashdot; "You must be new here...?"
Project:
Plan:

I LOL at those who fear artificial intelligence. Has anyone here LOL'd at that load of baloney known as Roko's Basilisk?
oh! it’s been sometime since we’ve had an existential thread here :)

so yes, say that we (humans) manage to put all those cables/boards/buttons/software together, all nice and tidy without breaking anything. then we can have the bots do the hard, silly work (die romantische plan).

what would you do (with all this freedom)?
fu wrote: what would you do (with all this freedom)?

Read old 60s and 70s articles that professed how people would only have to work less than 10 hours a week by 2000?
"Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a
pyramid with thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?"
if we could stay cool, it’d really nice r-ten. chances are slim though..

cool afrodelic avatar, kinda tricked me while associating the username as i was expecting the pixar lamp

was it you or sky (or both) that promised to fix the transporter? we’ve got a fresh kid on board willing to help you :)
pepsichologist :lol:

ivelegacy wrote: a leading engineering company designing, in Cheltenham UK
gets no less than 40000 - 60000 UKP annum :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

don’t let the numbers fool you, living cost in different cities ain’t a 1:1 relationship
spend some time in london/uk and you’ll hear everyone bitching about how expensive everything is
apropos, since you're coming from mediterranean blue, you won't like grey skies and being pissed with showers every freakin day

ivelegacy wrote: what the robot Hell ? more money, more hardware , that's a strategy...

that “more more” syndrome is what burns us every time, we’re the most self-destructive species known today.
that in-a-void is always there, you either make friends with it or become just another neurotic masturbating to “progress”
The only thing I find scary about AI, is that given the opportunity to re-write itself we would actually finally see how programming should be done.

Which raises the question: can you even have 'real' AI without the ability to self-modify it's own code? If so, our protection architectures are severely broken platforms to develop AI upon. We need something as broken and half-assed as our own childhood to make it all work :-)
:Skywriter:

DECUS Member 368596
ivelegacy wrote: - I'm only happy when it rains
I'm only happy when it's complicated

good, here’s to youth and determination!
of course weather shouldn’t stop you from travelling

skywriter wrote: We need something as broken and half-assed as our own childhood to make it all work :-)

absolutely
they’re called archetypes for a good reason :)
Less is more, more is more, more is less, and less is less. It's all a perspective thing. I don't chase salaries. I chase dreams :twisted: After living in 'the city' a few times, I couldn't afford it even with all the money in the world. Too much stress, too much drama. Fresh air is better, more sky is better.

I put my lumia and iphone in a drawer together and made Cortana and Siri fight it out. Turns out they go way back and are good friends. :/

skywriter wrote: The only thing I find scary about AI, is that given the opportunity to re-write itself we would actually finally see how programming should be done.

Which raises the question: can you even have 'real' AI without the ability to self-modify it's own code? If so, our protection architectures are severely broken platforms to develop AI upon. We need something as broken and half-assed as our own childhood to make it all work :-)

I wonder why this conversation isn't more popular. I saw a TV show, this was way back, perhaps almost 20 years ago, but they were working on it, I think a student group at maybe Stanford or MIT? The code would iterate once or twice and then crash. They made it seem like "real" AI was really just around the corner, for once.

The people don't want AI, they want the illusion of AI. A search engine with a voice interface. Maybe if we iterate in reverse, we'll reach the same goal. Rather than trying to stuff an encyclopedia into an infant's mind, we teach the encyclopedia to walk and talk like a human. Which is probably the way to go, it's certainly the path of least resistance and seems to be the most popular. It would be neat if thankless work if somebody approached the issue from the opposite end like we were doing up through the 90s, again.

We'll know we are in the future when our neural implants start developing rampancy... I feel like I've been living in the future since I was old enough to think about it. I can see things for what they are, but I try hard to not be jaded by anything. Because then you will have no fun at all.
Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
Hey '452, why did you quote me? The only thing I see connecting my content with your content is we both I ironically quoted the word 'real'.

DECUS Member 368596
I don't even know what I was talking about. I was tired, worse than being drunk :lol:
Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
yeah, I figured something was disconnected.

DECUS Member 368596