Everything Else

I'm out. - Page 1

The time has come for me to downsize.
I will be moving to a smaller apartment and will not have a dedicated SGI room many more.
So after thinking allot of what to do with my SGI gear, sell them, put them in storage etc,
I did the best thing, I past them on to my friends and collectors of SGI, Tessla and Björn.
They will be in good hands and live on to be tinkered with.

It's easy to become nostalgic but they have served me well and it's nice to know they will live on.

//deBug

P1020852.JPG
The SGI collectors

P1020849.JPG
The Song and Dance Machine

20120624_183315.jpg
Björn have perfected his cargo tie-down technique.

P1020839.JPG
The Onyx messes up Tesslas space planing.

20120624_183247.jpg
SGI Bonanza!
Mein Führer, I can walk!
deBug wrote: The time has come for me to downsize.

You're still going to come visit though, right ?
Good luck with your new apartment and endeavours! Lucky tesla, I think we fought over that Onyx on tradera :)

Regards,
Pontus.
:Onyx2R: :IRIS3130: :Crimson: :4D310: :Onyx2: :O2000: :O200: :PI: :Fuel: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Indy: :1600SW: :pdp8e:
:BA213: <- MicroVAX 3500 :BA213: <- DECsystem 5500 :BA215: <- MicroVAX 3300
Pictures of my collection: www.pdp8.se
Pontus wrote: Good luck with your new apartment and endeavours! Lucky tesla, I think we fought over that Onyx on tradera :)

Regards,
Pontus.

Thank you Pontus!
I'm really looking forward to the new city and appartment and new GF and everything.

I think you confusing my Onyx with Björns.
This onyx came from NASA Langley Research Center in Virginia, I had it shipped by boat so I'm pretty sure it was never on Tradera ;)

Regards
//Harry
Mein Führer, I can walk!
hamei wrote:
deBug wrote: The time has come for me to downsize.

You're still going to come visit though, right ?

We are still working out the papers but I think I will get bi-monthly visitation rights :D
Mein Führer, I can walk!
I thought I could quit too, I went back to it after 2 years.
We should start a club, like AA.
:Onyx2:
You'll be back... :D
Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
You've done a lot for the community over the years, Harry - thank you! I hope you still plan to drop by Nekochan from time to time.
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube:
Thanks Harry for what you did for the community. My boxes would still wait for a fresh Irix installation without DINA ;-)

I wish you a pleasant "new life" and... see you soon !
:Onyx2: : oxygen (4xR12k400) / :A3504L: :A3504L: : neon (16xI2 1.6, 9MB L2) / :O200: :O200: : beryllium (4xR12k270)
:Fuel: : nitrogen (R16k800) / :Octane2: : carbon (2xR14k600) / :Octane: : lithium (R10k400) / :Octane: : fluorine (2xR12k300) / spare 2xR12k360
:O2: : hydrogen (R10k195) / :O2: : sodium (R5k180) / :O2: : R5k180->200 MB and PM only
:Indigo2IMP: : helium (R10k195, HighImpact) / :Indigo2IMP: : boron (R4k250)/ :Indigo: : magnesium (R4k100) / :Indy: : aluminium (R5k180)
:4D70GT: 4D70GT : my very first one (now property of musée bolo and the foundation mémoires informatiques )
See the hinv/gfxinfo posts here .
Sad to hear, Harry. Really.
My only hope is that you keep at least one little system hidden somewhere deep enough for you to bring back into life when things get boring after a year or so. :-)
:O3200: :Fuel: :Indy: :O3x02L:
Best wishes, Harry! Please do stop by from time time to time. We'll be sure to keep a cold six pack in the refrigerator!
Indeed, do pop by at times. It's been ages since I last fired up some SGI kit but, well, nekochan is like a second home!
The Bandito wrote: In a few years, no doubt, you'll be able to buy a computer,
software and operating system that will match the capabilities
of your current Amiga at about the price you paid for the
Amiga way back when. But you can smile to yourself, knowing
that you were touching the future years before the rest of
the world. And that other computers and operating systems
will do with brute force what the Amiga did years before with
grace, elegance and style.

Eroteme.ch - my end of the internet...
Well, all I can say is a gigantic thanks to you Harry. Many new systems (and gizmos) inded to clutter up my place. But a good clutter up that forced me to get rid of other things and do some well needed cleaning. :) Also, I have no problem keeping myself busy in the foreeable future. Hehe.

Harry is actually fresh clean out of SGI systems AFAIK. But if he ever feel the need to have one again I'll deliver one to him personally.

Again, thanks!

Oh, btw, I'm the dude in the middle in the first picture if anyone wonders.

/Matt
If I can't fix it I can fix it so it can't be fixed.
:O2000: :O2000: +MXE/IO6G :Onyx: [RE2] :Fuel: :O200: :Octane: x3 :Octane2: :O2: x2 :1600SW: x3 :Indigo2IMP: x2 :Indigo2: x2 :Indigo: :Indy: x5 :320: x2, 2xSparcStation 20 and a horde of PC's
Pontus wrote: Good luck with your new apartment and endeavours! Lucky tesla, I think we fought over that Onyx on tradera :)

Regards,
Pontus.

No, I have actually never put up a bid for an Onyx. Must be somebody else.

But lucky, yes Indeed. :mrgreen:

/Matt
If I can't fix it I can fix it so it can't be fixed.
:O2000: :O2000: +MXE/IO6G :Onyx: [RE2] :Fuel: :O200: :Octane: x3 :Octane2: :O2: x2 :1600SW: x3 :Indigo2IMP: x2 :Indigo2: x2 :Indigo: :Indy: x5 :320: x2, 2xSparcStation 20 and a horde of PC's
nice to see your collection being fostered among friends.

harry once had an idea about a "sgi lending library" in europe (can't find the thread right now) that would help members of this board, test/troubleshoot their machines without/before investing the crazy $$$ resellers asked for back then.

thanks for the scripts and all your help harry :) there was a time i couldn't set my scratch disks or change a freaky login icon whithout help from this board.
Thank's for all the kind words.

Nekochan is a really great hangout. There is very few flame-wars, a very international crowd and some really really smart and friendly people hang out here.
It's what all forum aspire to be but seldom do they reach this height.

So thanks to you all for making this a great hangout,
Hamei thank you for your interesting perspective on things and for the free Yamaha adapter you sent me.
jan-jaap for your expertise on the old big-iron stuff.
josehill for being the nicest and most intelligent moderator and member.
The Keeper for your expertise on fibre channel and your great low cost products for it.
nekonoko for creating and keeping this great place for us.
PymbleSoftware for being general nice and co-creating some software for nekoware with me.
Diego for the old mirrored sites I got from you.
ajerimez for the stuff I got from you.
joerg for the nekoware domain.
ramq for the great soundmod on the Octane2 I bought from you and the other stuff I got from you.
SAQ for your superb SGI expertise.

And thank you all the rest that have contributed to this great hangout.
I will stop by from time to time but I will probably not contribute as much, but who knows maybe I will be back again after some time as several members have suggested.
It remain to be seen if you can remove the man from the SGIs now that the SGIs have been removed from the man.

Live Long and Prosper.

//deBug
Mein Führer, I can walk!
Naturally I also thank you Harry for your great generosity. If you ever relapse, you know where you can get stuff.

I was about to help him expand his collection when I got the news.
Then I had to convince the wife that instead of getting rid of stuff, I was going to get one or two things more :D . One or two carloads was more appropriate.

The Onyx you are talking about is in my basement, and will probably be fitted with the VR stuff I got.
Apparently it is the Onyx it once was connected to. Hopefully I will get it to work.

I'm the guy to the right in the first picture.

/Björn
Libations for DeBug ! You helped me out a bunch of times....
If you can lift it all by yourself, I probably don't want it.
Ouch!, all this make me feel kinda sad! deBug is foundation crowd! I was really hopping for another post telling that it was a joke! :(

I want to thank you a lot for your expertise, top quality posts well among my top favourite ones ever, and your Peter Sellers avatar well among my top favourite actors ever! No matter what, be happy, do always your good stuff where ever you go... and come back soon! ;)

My best hug/wishes for you and yours from Rosario, Argentina.
Diego
Man, have good luck in your new apartment!! We'll miss you and I would like to give u thanks by your responses in the forum!!

I hope to have you back here some day!!
__Zacatito__ Image 600 MHZ R14000; 17GBytes HD
__Nopalito__ Image 200 MHZ R5000; 9GBytes HD
Guadalajara, Jal and Aguascalientes, Ags
Mexico