Everything Else

Show Off Your Home Office Setup & SGI Collection... - Page 4

That's badass.
You eat Cadillacs; Lincolns too... Mercurys and Subarus.
What the... :shock:

Is that a Lineman's Test Set dangling from the top right in the third picture?
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
skywriter wrote: My three headed, three OS and top of the line Macbook Air 1.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz), 8GB 256GB Flash; with Parallels; Running OSX Mountain Lion, Windows XP, and Ubuntu 64.

portable funtop.JPG

I wished it all folded up and stuff; but nope nuts. I only need the power warts I combined into a single 'bump in the wire'; plus the two usb cables. The monitors each have a nice zipped leatherette case.

This 'pictured' at my at 'confab table' in my office during setup. MMT makes a pretty cool USB Monitor 1366x768, the Air is 1440x900 with a smaller dot pitch.

It's tough to find a multi-monitor that portable much less good looking :-)

Nearly top of the line "256GB Flash". 512GB Flash storage is top of the line. ;)
:Indy: R4600PC 133 MHz

Mac Mini 2.5GHz 8GB RAM
Raspberry Pi
guardian452 wrote: That's badass.

Thank you. I still have a good bit of work to do to get it all setup. There needs to be an 800 - 900Mhz Fuel under that desk as well.

vishnu wrote: Is that a Lineman's Test Set dangling from the top right in the third picture?

Yes it is. Was not sure where to put it just yet. I spent years tracing lines out and such. I keep some of the old phone stuff around. It is such a small space, I am not sure how to fit all my computer/phone/classic car/le mans/f1 stuff. I will have to keep most of the toys in storage. :)
Always act incompetent, so they expect less of you and your job will be much easier.
Here's mine chamber of the SGI
sold out my Amiga 3000 and Amiga 4000 (parts) to buy Octane 2 with monitor :lol:
8bit guy with: :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane:
:Octane2: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O3x0: :Indigo2IMP:
Another year, another machine room panorama.

http://www.floodgap.com/etc/machines.html
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 900MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12 DCD, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
ClassicHasClass wrote: Another year, another machine room panorama.

Deluxe! The mice I see all look to be on the right, do you ever mouse left? I mouse left half the time and you know what it's done for me? Both my hands hurt... :lol: :cry:
Project:
Plan:

you sir have to much stuff :P

Re: the "ghetto halon system": get rid of it. If it's powder at least. That powder is a salt, if the moment ever comes and in a panic you empty that thing, you can write off all your hardware due to corrosion issues 6 months later. For an electronics fire CO2 is best. But big and heavy.

Same for the extinguishers many people have in their car, btw. If you car catches fire: let it burn. Assuming everybody got out, of course ;) Insurance covers it. If you use a powder extinguisher, the insurance will say "thanks", repair your damage, but again 6 months later you will suffer a massive electronics failure, probably write of the car and it will *not* be covered. You did it yourself, after all.
Now this is a deep dark secret, so everybody keep it quiet :)
It turns out that when reset, the WD33C93 defaults to a SCSI ID of 0, and it was simpler to leave it that way... -- Dave Olson, in comp.sys.sgi

Currently in commercial service: Image :Onyx2: (2x) :O3x02L:
In the museum : almost every MIPS/IRIX system.
Wanted : GM1 board for Professional Series GT graphics (030-0076-003, 030-0076-004)
jimmer wrote: Et voila!

Are you a virulent anti-commonist, jimster ? 'cuz you're blocked by the gfw :shock:
two girls for every boy ...
Jimmer, seriously, that chair? :shock: At least it would force you to get up and move around a lot because no one could stand to sit in it continuously, no matter how intense the coding session was... 8-)
Project:
Plan:
hamei wrote:
jimmer wrote: Et voila!

Are you a virulent anti-commonist, jimster ? 'cuz you're blocked by the gfw :shock:

Wow. A claim to fame. Not a virulent anti-communist, just some bloke with a webserver.

vishnu wrote: Jimmer, seriously, that chair? :shock: At least it would force you to get up and move around a lot because no one could stand to sit in it continuously, no matter how intense the coding session was... 8-)

That chair is actually a kiddie chair from IKEA, and it's there on purpose. I always set any swivvelly office chair to its lowest setting so that my back isn't arched as much over the keyboard and I can look more or less 'straight ahead' at the screen. Since adopting this low seating (many years ago now) I've never again had any issues with neck strain and backache after long sessions at the machine.
:Fuel: redbox 800Mhz 4Gb V12
jimmer wrote: ... just some bloke with a webserver.

I guess we just don't like your kind, fella. Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the Republican Party ?
two girls for every boy ...
hamei wrote:
jimmer wrote: ... just some bloke with a webserver.

I guess we just don't like your kind, fella. Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the Republican Party ?

Nope. Not a member of the GOP.

I have on occasion had tummyache after eating chinese food and may have had muttered some choice words referring to xxxxx and xxxxx and xxxxx and even xxxxx!

I guess Chinese SIGINT picked that up.
:Fuel: redbox 800Mhz 4Gb V12
After managing to fit a square peg into a round hole, the bulky middle part of my desk didn't seem to fit through the rather tiny opening in the floor of my man-cave, but with some ingenuity aka brute force we finally managed to haul it up there. After two days of heavy lifting in order to shove around all my machines (A good part of them is not visible in the picture - I have to tidy up the other half of the room before daring to take pictures) my little hideout finally reaches functional status...

Sorry for the poor quality of the picture, was an experiment with the panorama function of my cellphone.
:ChallengeL: :O2000: :O200: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane2: :Indigo: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :O2: :Indy: :rx2600:
Nice setup!
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 900MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12 DCD, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
Haha, I did give mad scientists names at some point to my workstations (tesla, einstein, bore, feyman, and all) but I gave up when I had too many computers. I moved to periodic table element names now, so at least I learn something.
:Onyx2: