Everything Else

Show Off Your Home Office Setup & SGI Collection... - Page 1

It has been a while sense we have had one of these threads. Here is my setup and SGI collection.

Lets See Yours....

Attachment:
IMG_6108.jpg
IMG_6108.jpg [ 1.77 MiB | Viewed 1037 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_5902.jpg
IMG_5902.jpg [ 1.86 MiB | Viewed 1037 times ]

Octane2 2x600 V12 8GB
- Octane2 600 V12 2GB - Octane 2x400 V10 2GB
Indigo² 195 Max Impact 386MB - Indigo² 250 Extreme 386MB
O2 350 CRM 256MB - O2+ 400 CRM 512MB

"I'm totally unappreciated in my time. You can run this whole park from this room, with minimal staff, for up to three days. You think that kind of automation is easy? Or cheap? You know anybody who can network eight Connection Machines and de-bug two million lines of code for what I bid this job? Because if you can, I'd love to see him try."
we have a gallery for that

Not pictured: Crimson, SPARCstation 10, and a half-dozen PeeCees & laptops.

Attachment:
Computers.jpg
Computers.jpg [ 136.22 KiB | Viewed 1001 times ]
ajerimez wrote:
I don't have this setup anymore (moved out and put most of my babies in storage), but this setup will exist again someday, and more.

Not pictured: Crimson, SPARCstation 10, and a half-dozen PeeCees & laptops.

Attachment:
Computers.jpg

is that a mac on the left? :P

I see three. An LC/Performa (or Quadra 605?), a Color Classic, and what I think might be a Radius clone. :mrgreen:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
bigD wrote:
... and what I think might be a Radius clone. :mrgreen:

Radius 8100/110, clone of the 8100 right? :) Those are built like tanks.

Have you done any mods to the Color Classic?
Good eyes, yes! Radius 81/110, which is indeed an 8100 clone. It runs MacOS 7.6.1 and contains a SuperMac Thunder 24, an FWB Jackhammer SCSI card, and a VideoVision video capture board with the Studio upgrade. It's a very solid system - nice thick metal case. I've got ElectricImage, Strata Studio Pro, and Lightwave 3D 5.6 installed on it, with a bunch of other graphics apps and games. Runs very nicely and is very useful for care and feeding of the other Macs.

The Color Classic is stock, with an 80MB HDD (still works!), an ethernet board, and the maximum 10MB of memory (actually 12MB but the last 2MB are unusable). Bought it for $40 from a thrift store in Los Angeles about six years ago, which explains the suntan :) It runs MacOS 7.1 and is so damn slow that it's really only useful for word processing. Interesting note - it was playing dead recently, refusing to power up, but leaving it plugged in for several days was enough to "refresh the capacitors" (or whatever), so it finally booted.

The third Mac is a Performa 466 running MacOS 7.5.3. It's also maxed-out: 36MB RAM, ethernet, 68882 FPU. It's a pretty unremarkable system, but it does make for a decent vintage gaming machine. I also found it in a thrift store in Los Angeles - it had never been used.

Not shown: my 12" iBook G4, 17" PowerBook G4, and a Quadra 700 running A/UX, maxed-out with 64MB of RAM. Very cute system, if not very useful. Would be fun to turn it into a web server someday and list it here.
Everyone sort of knows mine, but what the heck:
ajerimez wrote:
The third Mac is a Performa 466 running MacOS 7.5.3. It's also maxed-out: 36MB RAM, ethernet, 68882 FPU. It's a pretty unremarkable system, but it does make for a decent vintage gaming machine.

I think the 68882 is pretty remarkable. Not a lot of LC boxes seem to have them installed.

I love my Quadra 700. I haven't used it in awhile, but it spent years acting as a router (via IPNetRouter). The cool thing about it is that it'd route through LocalTalk too, so not only did it serve all my ethernet machines, but also allowed all my older Macs without ethernet to connect to the internet as well.

<ItsMeOnly> wow, your room is like small scale full fledeged DAW studio. I wonder if you use all of these keyboards there....though one deck on your rack looks like Yamaha O2R...maybe not. Do you use windows mainly or mac for your DAW tasks?
ajerimez wrote:
it was playing dead recently, refusing to power up, but leaving it plugged in for several days was enough to "refresh the capacitors" (or whatever), so it finally booted.

My Performa 475 was acting like this, a kind guy in Apple service explained these do that when internal battery dies or is near death.
modology wrote:
looks like Yamaha O2R...maybe not. Do you use windows mainly or mac for your DAW tasks?[/i]

It's 01, and I don't use software to control it, it is what it is: a downmix console. Using Linux to record.

did you tidy up before shooting?

did you tidy up before shooting?

Just moved the cables offscreen ;-)

if you look closely you can see my super-high-tech 1600sw monitor leveling system (ball point pen):
Attachment:
File comment: thinkpad x40, hp xw9300
DSC08616_small.JPG
DSC08616_small.JPG [ 75.98 KiB | Viewed 640 times ]

here is the other desk where you can see the console for the octane however ATM the keyboard and mouse (and that junky white monitor) are hooked up to my alpha as I'm in the mood for a bit of NT4 spelunking...

"InfiniteReality Graphics - Power Through Complexity"
God you guys places are clean. I'll post a pic of mine after I pick up some.

"Remember, if they can't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
I upgraded from ~120 dpi to ~85 dpi, now I can see the screen without glasses! plus the extra pixels are fantastic for mathematica, multiple word documents, watching TV while browsing the web, etc. Plus, you can put me in the 'dualhead-tard' category now ;)

"hyperspace":
Attachment:
DSC08682_small.jpg
DSC08682_small.jpg [ 82.68 KiB | Viewed 892 times ]

X and zero :) :
Attachment:
DSC08684_small.jpg
DSC08684_small.jpg [ 76.78 KiB | Viewed 892 times ]

iKitsune wrote:
God you guys places are clean. I'll post a pic of mine after I pick up some.

I try and keep at least the computer desk free of clutter. you should see the workbench downstairs... actually you can't see it, there is so much clutter on it. Likewise all my desk drawers are full of old hard drives, cables, papers, CD's, tools, toys, etc.

Mac Mini 2.5GHz 4GB RAM
Raspberry Pi
Dell XPS M1530
indyman007 wrote:
sybrfreq, What kind of keyboard is that?

Looks like a modded C64 :lol:

Currently in commercial service: Image :Onyx2: (2x) :O3x02L:
In the museum : almost every MIPS/IRIX system.
Wanted : GM1 board for Professional Series GT graphics (030-0076-003, 030-0076-004)
wow, your setup is awesome. I love your keyboard