Everything Else

Motocycle owners - Page 3

fu wrote: fix up that divco bro, gotta get a real tribute rollin'

No Divco for me, hippy. Nothing that requires being in the US. That place is so fucked up you couldn't pay me to live there.
Just got back from a 3k ride to Cali for motogp and back. The FJR did great.
:Indigo2: :O2000: :ChallengeL: :Indy: :PI:
I have been having delusions about doing a cross-america road trip (from canuckistan to argieland and back) next autumn on the fz6. Not sure if it can happen or not but it is fun to dream..

My parents are in NS now so that would be the starting point.
Google: Don't Be Evil.
Apple: Don't Be Greedy.
Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
guardian452 wrote: I have been having delusions about doing a cross-america road trip (from canuckistan to argieland and back) next autumn on the fz6. Not sure if it can happen or not but it is fun to dream..
It'd be a great trip. If you don't already have dry storage space on the bike, it looks to be readily available: http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/acces ... all/1.aspx The two hardshell saddlebags and top case would give you as much carrying capacity as I have on the dresser.

If it fits your budget (and personal sense of adventure) a motorcycle-friendly GPS is a worthwhile investment (the look-ahead-and-find-gas-stations-along-the-route feature is especially nice in the spread out western states and provinces), but I made do with an analog GPS for years (analog gps as in grease pencil system). Wrote the days basic route/major turns on the windshield in grease pencil - it was easy to clean off when it was time for a new turn list, and at night just enough illumination from the headlamp was caught by the bottom edge of the windshield to very slightly backlight the directions.

With or without a GPS, I always carry a printed travel atlas. I like the Rand-McNally Deluxe Motor Carrier Road Atlas . Costs a little more, but it's heavy-duty spiral bound and each of the large detailed pages is laminated - nice if you need to reconnoiter in the rain.
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
I had a buddy who biked from Anchorage to Ushuaia a decade or so ago. Adventure of a life time...
"Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a
pyramid with thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?"
Thought I was not part of this topic but yesterday a ghost came out of the closet ... I bought this new, it came from Italy in a nice oak crate ...

I haven't seen this bike in thirty-two years and I don't think they even changed the air in the tires. It's exactly the way it left me. Scary.
I like it.
Thinkpad x220 Slack + DWM

Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
Wow, that is a great-looking bike!
Torfinn
Did you keep the matching bowling ball & bag? :O

I kid, I kid -- I'm no fit judge of The Motor Company's products. But I can say with confidence: That's a great looking bike!
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube:
smj wrote: Did you keep the matching bowling ball & bag? :O

I'm terrible at bowling :( But I like the noise it makes when the ball crashes into the pins ...

Are there any bowling alleys left ?
There absolutely are bowling alleys left -- there are even bowling leagues left! I was such a one until one team mate moved cros country a 1.5 years ago and the other two decided not to continue with it. (One was in two other leagues, the other was just busy.)

Sometime after this week I'll have to schedule some time with a shop to go over my '94 EX500 - unless I decide to try doing the long-overdue valve adjustment myself... 50/50.
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube:
Another one from the people who brought you Wednesday Night Bowling ... this one was my touring bike, finally got the guy who bought it to send over a photo. Looks like it was geared for the moon. Ontario, maybe ? I built the engine pretty much from scratch.

Cripes, that looks like a scary ride. It's got some sore of fancy fork thing going on at the front as well?
Image , Fuel, VAXstation 4000/90 x2, VAXstation 4000/60, VAXstation 4000/VLC x2, AlphaServer 1000A, DEC AXP 3000/600 (desktop), DEC AXP 3000/600 x2 (rackmount), DEC AXP 3000/800 (rackmount), AlphaServer 300 4/266, DEC GIGI, Sun Ultra 5, HP ZX6000, DECstation 5000/240, VAXstation 3100s, MVII, Commodore 64 & Flyer, LA75, PP404, Juki 6100, Brother HR10
Great stuff Hamei. More of a car dude myself, but I know beauty when I see it. Cool :)

/Jonas
Image Image Image Image Image Image

-----------------
Old polygon wrangler

That's called a drum brake.

Jeeze. You really know how to make a guy feel old :P
^
handmade roadtrips is where its at!

got any picture of your funky divco? i bet rec + the rest of the gators will appreciate. only a divco could make it into a moto thread :)
Back from a road trip along the east coast into the Canadian Maritimes. In chronological order the route went through NC, VA, WVA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, MA, NH, ME, NB, PEI, NS, NB, ME, NH, VT, NY, PA, MD, WVA, VA, and back to NC.

Here's a few photos - I've captioned a few, but they're all geotagged :
recondas wrote: Back from a road trip along the east coast into the Canadian Maritimes. In chronological order the route went through NC, VA, WVA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, MA, NH, ME, NB, PEI, NS, NB, ME, NH, VT, NY, PA, MD, WVA, VA, and back to NC.

Wow! That sounds like a nice, but very long, trip. Mind if I ask how many days you were on the road and/or how many miles you covered?

It sure looks like you got some spectacular photos out of it, too!
:Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Indigo: :O3x0:
Sun SPARCstation 20, Blade 2500
HP C8000
jpstewart wrote: Wow! That sounds like a nice, but very long, trip.
Thanks! It was a great trip. Have had the opportunity to ride to all of the lower 48 States, but it was only my third motorcycle trip into Canada.
jpstewart wrote: Mind if I ask how many days you were on the road and/or how many miles you covered?
Twelve days, four thousand miles.
jpstewart wrote: It sure looks like you got some spectacular photos out of it, too!
There are some great ones, so it was hard to pick just a few for this post. If you're curious, there are photos from a few other trips farther back in this thread ( or in this one ). My passenger deserves most of the credit, she took the vast majority. She recently upgraded to a Nikon AW100 that's reasonably compact, waterproof and has an internal gps to geotag the images - so it's a good match for shooting photos from a moving motorcycle (rain or shine).
recondas wrote: My passenger deserves most of the credit...

Are you looking at sidecars yet ? :P
Juliet ! the dice were loaded from the start ...