Everything Else

Motocycle owners - Page 1

Just wanted to see who all rides on nekochan. The weather has been decent enough this year to log over 1000m since Febuary.
I ride - my avatar photos are some taken on the road <headed to California next month>.

Tho I'll probably take the bagger :wink: .
i ride too

- kawasaki GPZ 750 turbo 1984
- Suzuki 125 RG gamma full power 1987
- Suzuki 250 RGV 1992

2 stroke rulez

Laurent
SGI or die !!!
:O2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :PI: :Crimson: :PWRSeries: :Onyx: :O2000R:
HP proliant DL 585 Quad Opteron dual core 2.5Ghz 16Gb
Ditched all the Vespa scooters and ended up with these

Heavy iron gs1000E 1978

Middle iron gs750L 1979

Grand daddy sportsbike gpz600r 1986

Need to get a grip on my petrol addiction
Italian by transport
Very nice bikes, I love the older J bikes, my first was an all blacked out 76 yam 750xs tripple, with 4k original miles, wish I never sold it.

New bike is an 05 R1.

Reconas, you drive all the way out to CA, wow, is that a new HD night train?
dingofarmer wrote: Reconas, you drive all the way out to CA, wow, is that a new HD night train?
It's not new <it's a 2000 year model NT>, I've had it since '99.

I like to travel on a bike, was in your neck of the woods <Colorado, ain't it?> last summer - rode Independence Pass while passin' thru.
The bike looks nice, Yeah I live in Greeley/Fort Collins area, PM next time your in town.

John
Still waiting to get my DUC back from service...

1995 M900, red...with the 41mm flatslide carbs and wide open jetting :wink: ...much safer on the highway when they can hear ya coming :twisted: .

Started out with a Yam RZ500, but being a grey market bike (in the very early days of ebay) finding parts was a PITA...although I definately have a soft spot for a V4 two-stroke. Nothing like them...power from 25hp to 105hp for a 350lb bike in 2500-3000 rpm. What a rush!

Went from that to a DUC 916... but you know the story...just grew out of it. Now I love the big, loud, torque without paying for it on my wrists and back.

Anyone here have any experience with the Moto Guzzis? Have my eye on an 1100i on ebay right now. Looks like it would be a great cruiser.
Definately has a unique character to it.
RZ 500 is the RDLC500 in europe ??
nice beast , my best friend have one...

Laurent
SGI or die !!!
:O2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :PI: :Crimson: :PWRSeries: :Onyx: :O2000R:
HP proliant DL 585 Quad Opteron dual core 2.5Ghz 16Gb
dingofarmer wrote: Yeah I live in Greeley/Fort Collins area, PM next time your in town.

Thanks, will do.

Vagabondo wrote: Anyone here have any experience with the Moto Guzzis?

Got to put in a little seat time on an Eldorado 850 - nice machine, but the ergonomics were a little too, uhhh, european for me <not that there's anything wrong with that - it's purely a case of not being able to teach an old dog new tricks :wink: >.
but the ergonomics were a little too, uhhh, european for me

What exactly do you mean by "European" ergonomics?
Vagabondo wrote: What exactly do you mean by "European" ergonomics?

Purely supposition on my part, but I'd guess early moto designers "saddled" a motorcycle so that they were positioned in a way that was similar to how they saddled <and rode> a horse. Compare the way a jockey or cowboy would mount and ride a horse. I <and I'm just speaking for me> am more comfortable with what I became accustomed to.
Who else parks in the house?

just my 1966 vespa gt ...
Coffee for the mind, pizza for the body, sushi for the soul

:O2+: r7k350 :O2: r7k600 :O2: r12k400 sw1600 :Octane2: 2x400 v10
[quote="bw"]Who else parks in the house?

LOl, thats what the three car is for, however if it gets as cold as it did this year -15 and lower, I may bring it in. Nice Duc[/img]
Just got back from another motorcycle trip. Eleven days, 25 states, 8,000 miles. A fair number of miles to ride in the time I had, but it allowed me to finish riding my current bike to all of the lower 48 states from my home in North Carolina (needed Oregon, Washington and North Dakota to finish).

I haven't unpacked my camera yet, but here's a camera-phone photo from Crater Lake National Park in Oregon:

While it's been unseasonably hot in North Carolina, most of the northwestern US was just the opposite while I was there - most days it was raining and the temp never got out of the 50's (Fahrenheit), and it was in the 30's a couple of days (got caught in a snow-storm while riding through Mount Rainier NP).

Here's a Google Earth snapshot of the route (though we did end up making a few minor on-the-fly adjustments). Each day's ride is a different color:

EDIT: Unpacked the camera. Here's a few more photos - most were shot blind from a moving motorcycle, so forgive the less than carefully-framed subject matter:
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
That's a whole lot of awesome, recondas!

I really envy you for taking the trip. A few of those photos bring back some terrific memories from years ago for me. :D
josehill wrote: That's a whole lot of awesome, recondas!

I really envy you for taking the trip. A few of those photos bring back some terrific memories from years ago for me. :D

Ditto. We didn't ride bikes out, but took almost the same route. I'll have to post some pictures also.
-ks

:Onyx: :Onyx: :Crimson: :O2000: :Onyx2: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane2: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :320: :540: :O3x0: :1600SW: :1600SW: :hpserv:

See them all >here<
Looks like fun, I can wait to take a long trip at the end of July, quick run to monterey for the motogp race, from denver through salt lake and renno. The trip home will be up the west coast to washington the long way and through boise and then eventually back home. Only 3500 miles or so, but an FJR1300 is only so confortable.
:Indigo2: :O2000: :ChallengeL: :Indy: :PI:
I ride a 1999 Yamaha R1, currently sporting a nice gaffer tape effect... has been a fanatastic bike, 42k miles on it so far.

Image , Fuel, VAXstation 4000/90 x2, VAXstation 4000/60, VAXstation 4000/VLC x2, AlphaServer 1000A, DEC AXP 3000/600 (desktop), DEC AXP 3000/600 x2 (rackmount), DEC AXP 3000/800 (rackmount), AlphaServer 300 4/266, DEC GIGI, Sun Ultra 5, HP ZX6000, DECstation 5000/240, VAXstation 3100s, MVII, Commodore 64 & Flyer, LA75, PP404, Juki 6100, Brother HR10