Everything Else

Motocycle owners - Page 4

recondas wrote: Twelve days, four thousand miles.

That's a lot of mileage for only twelve days. I'd be exhausted trying to cover half that distance in that amount of time (by car; motorcycles aren't my thing). Maybe the added dose of fresh air on the motorcycle helps you stay awake!
:Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Indigo: :O3x0:
Sun SPARCstation 20, Blade 2500
HP C8000
A founder of the Harley Davidson Motorcycle Corporation, Arthur Davidson, died and went to heaven. At the gates St. Peter told Arthur, “You’ve been such a good man and your motorcycles are known throughout the world. You may choose to hang out with anyone you want in Heaven as a reward.”

Arthur thought about it for a minute and then said, “I'd really like to hang out with God.”

St. Peter took Arthur to the Throne Room and introduced him to God. He recognized Arthur and commented, “Hey, so you were the one who invented Harley-Davidson motorcycles, eh?!”

Arthur said, “Yes, that’s me.”

God commented, “So what’s the big deal in inventing something that’s pretty unstable, makes noise, pollution, and can’t run without a road?!”

Arthur was embarrassed but finally spoke, “Excuse me, but aren’t you the inventor of woman?”

God said, “Ah, yes.”

“Well,” said Arthur, “professional to professional, you have some major design flaws in your invention.

1. There’s too much inconsistency in the front-end protrusion;
2. It chatters constantly at high speeds;
3. Most of the rear ends are too soft and they wobble too much;
4. The intake is placed way too close to the exhaust;
5. The maintenance costs are outrageous!!"

“Hmmmm, you may have some good points there,” replied God, “Hold on.”

God went to his Celestial Supercomputer, (made by Apple of course) typed in a few words and waited for the results. The computer printed out a slip of paper and God read it.

“Well, it may be true that my design has problems,” God said to Arthur, “but according to these numbers, more men are riding my invention than yours.”
Juliet ! the dice were loaded from the start ...
^
Too well known. Lame :(
If man would have been created out of the rib of a woman - how different would the world be?
Oskar45 wrote: Lame :(

If it hops like a kangaroo ...
Nice seeing that trip made by motorcycle, I've done it by car several times now (I'm from ottawa and my parents currently live in sydney NS). Very picturesque provence but I wouldn't want to live there ;)
Thinkpad x220 Slack + DWM

Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
guardian452 wrote: Nice seeing that trip made by motorcycle ...

Luckily ....
Couple of shots from this years roadtrip. Two weeks, 6,000 miles through parts of North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Kentucky, and Tennessee. Unless it got lost in translation, the shots are geotagged.
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
Nice! :mrgreen:

I assume your route through Minnesota didn't include my home burgh of Minneapolis or you'd have stopped by to grab a few compute cycles from my Octane... :lol:

Did you see any live moose? Zat you next to the metal one? 8-)
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
Suddenly I hear Johnny Cash in my head.
:Octane: halo , oct ane Image knightrider , d i g i t a l AlphaPC164, pond , soekris net6501, misc cool stuff in a rack
N.B.: I tend to talk out of my ass. Do not take it too seriously.
Nice mountains, nice landscape, nice roads. Great!
Torfinn
How 'bout this for next year ?
vishnu wrote: Did you see any live moose?
Not this trip - the brass moose was as close as I got.
vishnu wrote: Zat you next to the metal one? 8-)
Yep. The bronze Bullwinkle is at the Grand Teton N.P. visitor center. Little chilly in the higher elevations, it was only 39F when we left Jackson Hole that morning.
duck wrote: Suddenly I hear Johnny Cash in my head.
Been workin' on that one , but still have a long way to go. :D
tingo wrote: Nice mountains, nice landscape, nice roads. Great!
Thanks - it was a great ride.
hamei wrote: How 'bout this for next year ?
Four flatheads? No thanks. Dunno if you'd run out of gas or oil first, but it don't look like it holds enough of either for distance riding.
recondas wrote: Dunno if you'd run out of gas or oil first, but it don't look like it holds enough of either for distance riding.

That's what the trailer is for :P
Just got back from another road trip. Pop quiz for the (easily) bored; anyone able to identify the location?

Hints: Easily visible from a major roadway; the adjoining village was used as a location during the filming of a semi-obscure television series; and it's located within the same geo-political boundary as sybrfreq's childhood stomping grounds.
Unfortunately, TinEye doesn't find anything. It looks like you are wearing raingear - did you have the same weather as we did in Norway (and Sweden) this July? I had to use my raingear a bit too.
Torfinn
Hm, for quite a few years we do have a summerly 1-month Winnetou festival [once upon a time even with Pierre B. himself], and the statue would perfectly well fit into it. But an orange-clad Old Shatterhand is certainly politically incorrect ... :P
If man would have been created out of the rib of a woman - how different would the world be?
tingo wrote: Unfortunately, TinEye doesn't find anything.
The location is Indian Head, Saskatchewan; the major roadway is the Trans-Canadian Highway; the semi-obscure television show filmed on location in Indian head was Little Mosque on the Prairie , which originally aired on CBC (and is or was carried by Hulu and Pivot).
tingo wrote: It looks like you are wearing raingear - did you have the same weather as we did in Norway (and Sweden) this July? I had to use my raingear a bit too.
Rained pretty steadily that day, but as a whole we had pretty good weather for the trip. In chronological order the 15-day route took us through parts of North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. 7,422 miles if the the track recorded by my GPS is accurate.
Oskar45 wrote: But an orange-clad Old Shatterhand is certainly politically incorrect ... :P
It's not just the orange, I've been politically incorrect pretty much my whole life. :D

Growing up I was a fan of cinematic Westerns and novels, but I was clueless as to the identity of Old Shatterhand, Winnetou and Karl May until I called on Google. I also found that Hollywood did an adaptation of Old Shatterhand in the 60's . Cultural apologies if they "adapted" May as badly as they did Louis L'Amour.

recondas wrote:
Growing up I was a fan of cinematic Westerns and novels, but I was clueless as to the identity of Old Shatterhand, Winnetou and Karl May until I called on Google. I also found that Hollywood did an adaptation of Old Shatterhand in the 60's . Cultural apologies if they "adapted" May as badly as they did Louis L'Amour.

You're forgiven for not knowing anything about Karl May - after all, he was most definitely a purely German-language phenomenon. Out of his ca. 70 books very few featured the "good hearted Indian". As for films: never saw the Hollywood adaption - but, I assure you that none of the Germany-filmed stuff [Winnetou: Pierre Brice; Old Shatterhand: Lex Barker (a former Tarzan)] ever received an Academy Award nomination. Nevertheless, back then the films were as much a craze as the more recent 'Harry Potter' movies...
Click the image below for a brief virtual-ride-along: (Note: rather than dump a couple hundred off-topic megabytes on Pete's server, the video is off-site on Flickr):