Apple

Apple powermac G4 - Page 7

Using a Windows-formatted iPod on a Mac does indeed work (or at least it did with older versions of iTunes). However, what I was saying is that I'm not sure it's possible to use a Mac to install the FAT firmware on an iPod ("convert a Mac iPod to Windows"), as all the iPod Firmware Updaters for Mac OS X are the Mac firmware (obviously). There might be a workaround with some trickery or iTunes might have changed since last time I used it but that's been my experience.

At any rate, your Windows PC should pick up on the iPod regardless of which format it's currently in, and should offer you the option to convert it to a Windows iPod if it's currently a Mac iPod. The fact that it's not suggests that either the iPod is broken in some way, you're having typical Windows driver issues, or you just don't have the right software.

I'm not sure how to do it with the latest iTunes stack, but in the past it was necessary to install a package called "iPod for Windows Software" and then run the "Updater" application which it installed.

When you moving to vancouver?

..I moved to vancouver almost a month ago.... :roll:
Sure, if I can get this one working, you can have my 10gb 3G. It's the only duplicate I got.

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.