IRIX and Software

CUPS and printing problems

Hi there,
i got the following errors and i cant get out even with google.

I cant print with applications like Mozilla, StarOfffice and so on, but i can print a test page from the printers control Panel.

when trying to print from mozilla i get the following error in my console:

lp: error - scheduler not responding!

I tried installing the new ESP printer menager from the .24 release but didnt fixed the problem so i removed and got back to usual printing tools, but i'm almost sure the problem in on the CUPS side (fw_cups running here)

all was working fine until some time ago, then i dont know what changed here that wont let me print. even http://localhost:631/admin gives me empty page (but not a 404 Not found).

any ideas?
thanks in advance
----
:: jean-claude
:: mimgfx dot com
----
Sorry not being of help, but I would like to know if CUPS has support for my HP LaserJet 2100 TN (Ethernet), Mac OS X includes a huge number of CUPS drivers, but as my HP has Mac OS X built-in support I unknow if CUPS is an option to get the HP working with my O2.
:?:
We are here on Earth to do good to others. What the others are here for, I don't know.
you have to run the install-cups script or replace system lp-stuff by hand.
r-a-c.de
thanks foetz,

but sadly this aint fixed the problem .. every system links seams correct.. but i still have the same error :(

FIXED... i reinstalled the 'lp' stuffs from IRIX.. and removed the ESP that was isntalled with .24 (that's incompatible with 'lp') .. thanks
----

:: jean-claude

:: mimgfx dot com

----
on linux you can run several printing systems and you have to select witch service to print to,
maybe it's similar.
are you sure you are printing to the cups daemon?

i spent hours last week trying too workout why i could not print from one of my systems till i discovered the pages where being cached into an unused print handler.
sum][one wrote: thanks foetz,

but sadly this aint fixed the problem .. every system links seams correct.. but i still have the same error :(

FIXED... i reinstalled the 'lp' stuffs from IRIX.. and removed the ESP that was isntalled with .24 (that's incompatible with 'lp') .. thanks

Ok; I think that a little thing could be of help for you:

CUPS is a context sensitive service: you must have correctly done the settings on permissions of the CUPS files, the account accessing the service, and the printer enabled.

If you change only one permission on the chain, to keep out of combat a single file, you can louse the access.

Salutti per la mia Italia, ma' baccio per tutti bambina da questa terra! ;)

Diego
I found this in the Install notes for IRIX6.5.24/complementary_apps:

Important Notes About the Products
----------------------------------
Easy Software ESP PrintPro
Easy Software ESP PrintPro package requires a license. You can
obtain a 21-day demo license for this software by going to
the ESP web site at http://www.easysw.com/license-demo.php .

ESP PrintPro replaces several files that are part of the
IRIX print product therefore these two packages are
incompatable with one another. If you install ESP PrintPRO
and later want to remove the package, you will need to reinstall
print from the Applications CD and the current IRIX 6.5 Overlay
CD in order to restore print.
----------------------------------
------------------------------------------------
I saw it on TV, it must be real!
------------------------------------------------
videobrat wrote: I found this in the Install notes for IRIX6.5.24/complementary_apps:

Ouch. $249 for an IRIX/AIX/Digital UNIX/HP-UX/Solaris SPARC license. $49 for Linux/Solaris Intel/FreeBSD/Mac OS X. Guess they go after the deep pockets.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Yep, you're right! Screw this! Why pay extra for printing?!?!? What's the logic behind this?
I used to have an ESP license years ago for using Deskjet-type color printers with Indigo2, it worked very well, but that was 8-9 years ago! When I saw that in 6.5.24m, I made sure to not install ESP!!!
u can asked trail license for 30days and try ESP :p
irix2003 wrote: u can asked trail license for 30days and try ESP :p

Not even: it' s actually 21 days