IRIX and Software

6.2 / 5.3 packages - Page 3

• ncurses_57.tardist
  • libiconv_1111.tardist

• libiconv_112p1.tardist

the libiconv for 5.3 is a replacement of the previous one. it now comes with shared and static libs.
same for the 6.2 version but there the static libs are just a patch for the original tardist so you need both.
r-a-c.de
  • curl_7370.tardist

this one doesn't need libssh2 which is more handy and fixes one issue i had with the makesfiles i.e. they override the -O options provided by the system's CFLAGS in case you run configure with --enable-optimize
r-a-c.de
  • postgresql_7430.tar.bz2
  • prngd_0929.tar.bz2
  • openssh_53p1.tardist

figured version 5.3 was fitting :P
r-a-c.de
  • xchat_1811p1.tardist

gtk and text frontend. plugin support but no perl or python
r-a-c.de
  • nedit_56a.bz2

• nedit_56a.bz2
r-a-c.de
about dillo 3 install ...
this time i did everything a little better ...
first i installed your packages .... jpeg, libiconv, png, zlib ... with "rulesoverride" on libstdc++, libgcc-s1, and gcc3.46 (it asked for them ... tgcware)
so with a little change in .cshrc like this:

setenv LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH .:/usr/lib32:/lib32:/usr/lib32/internal:/usr/java/lib32:usr/freeware/lib32:/usr/local/lib

well after run:
rld: cannot successfully map soname 'libstdc++.so.7' .... etc

fine ... installed "libstdcxx_7-4.5.2-4.tgc-irix6.2-mips3-tgcware.tardist"
add: to .cshrc "/usr/tgcware/lib" in "LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH"
then it needs "libgcc-s.so.1" ... ok installed the coresponding from tgcware ...

then run it again ..... "segmentation fault"
The only package that wasn't installed and bypassed with "rulesoverride" in inst was gcc3.46 ... and indeed it didn't need it ...

Unfortunately it didn't run ... I'm giving a little information ... my system is 6.5.15 (there was a question like why i just don't upgrade, well i don't want to... and i have another hdd with 6.5.26 and everything works fine there but i like more 6.5.15 at least for the O2)
Maybe it needs a certain version of those tgcware libs as i noticed at least 3 versions of the same libs ... and finally maybe it needs something from gcc3.46 package ...

Thank you again foetz for your effort ... and hope you can see a solution :) ... i would really like dillo3 running ...
i have no idea whether this runs on 6.5.x at all but i can give you the exact inst versions of the libs that i have installed when i fire up the indigo next time
r-a-c.de
added a mirror server. see first post
  • vim_802.tar.bz2

yay a vim update after, well, quite some time and of course we gotta have that for irix so here it is. expects to go to /usr/local and then just add the bin dir to your $PATH or link away.
this also works fine with all later irix versions.
You can build e-uae for 6.2 or 5.3?
i'm afraid not. and i'm not sure that'd be fun on machines running 6.2 or even 5.3 either.
You can confirm is not easy? Or if you give me the instruction (source and string) I try to compile myself ;-)

My r4400 250mhz have 6.2.... is a good idea upgrade to 6.5?
marmotta wrote: You can confirm is not easy? Or if you give me the instruction (source and string) I try to compile myself ;-)

i can't confirm either way because i never tried. i keep these archives to the essentials mostly so an emulator wouldn't qualify.

only, and that's a fat ONLY, if you need stuff that requires 6.5. otherwise it'd be a downgrade performance wise. in fact, depending on what you wanna do, i'd rather recommend to give 5.3 a try
foetz wrote:
marmotta wrote: You can confirm is not easy? Or if you give me the instruction (source and string) I try to compile myself ;-)

i can't confirm either way because i never tried. i keep these archives to the essentials mostly so an emulator wouldn't qualify.

only, and that's a fat ONLY, if you need stuff that requires 6.5. otherwise it'd be a downgrade performance wise. in fact, depending on what you wanna do, i'd rather recommend to give 5.3 a try

foetz is spot on about performance, of course though it depends on what you do. I personally love 6.5.30 because it's so easy. I use a 200Mhz INDY R4400 with an ev1 as composite video in to pre view video coming in off an old camcorder and it works fine, but that's really all it does.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indy:
uunix wrote: I personally love 6.5.30 because it's so easy. I use a 200Mhz INDY R4400 with an ev1 as composite video in to pre view video coming in off an old camcorder and it works fine, but that's really all it does.

6.5.30 on an indy?
I think he means that he prefers 6.5.30, but on his Indy, which has to run an older version, he's not bothered by the older OS because he only uses the system to capture composite video :) .
:Onyx: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy:
and a small army of Image
foetz wrote:
uunix wrote: I personally love 6.5.30 because it's so easy. I use a 200Mhz INDY R4400 with an ev1 as composite video in to pre view video coming in off an old camcorder and it works fine, but that's really all it does.

6.5.30 on an indy?

Duh.. I meant 6.5.22.. :oops: Heck I just meant 6.5.something.
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indy: