IRIX and Software

6.2 / 5.3 packages - Page 1

as a little xmas special i put up some packages for 6.2 and a few for 5.3.
as usual everything is built with MIPSpro or MIPS C in case of 5.3 (iirc the name mipspro came later).

for the 6.2 packages i used a 6.x compiler to ensure that you don't have to install anything from the additional 7.x devlopment stuff which was released for 6.2 later. so with a stock 6.2 and some patches you're good to go.
additionally i have neither impact nor r10000 patches installed to make sure it runs on all machines supported by the respective os.

http://www.nekochan.net/downloads/index ... etz%2F5.3/
http://www.nekochan.net/downloads/index ... etz%2F6.2/

please keep in mind that these packages should run just fine with 6.5, too. especially the 6.2 stuff is n32/mips3 which should be a nice addition for anyone who runs 6.5 on a mips3 machine.

>> you can always use "rulesoverride" and ignore my deps as long as you have adequate replacements <<
foetz wrote: as a little xmas special i put up some packages for 6.2 and a few for 5.3.

Xbae ! Woo-hoo ! you be da man, foetz ! Thank you :D

Now I have to go see what you did to make it build ...
Juliet ! the dice were loaded from the start ...
hamei wrote:
foetz wrote: as a little xmas special i put up some packages for 6.2 and a few for 5.3.

Xbae ! Woo-hoo ! you be da man, foetz ! Thank you :D

haha my pleasure

Now I have to go see what you did to make it build ...

almost nothing, it's an old version. the recent ones were buggy as in missing declarations and such. but if you should need a newer one for some fancy motif trips i can have a closer look ...
  • libxml2 2.2.2
  • pwgen
added a few more for 5.3. the new tardists are mips1 so that it really works for everything that can run 5.3
  • f90ppr

... as promised. seriously optimized just as the version for 6.5.
this one should also work for all who are running 6.5 with a mips3 box.
  • apache 1.3.42

a version 2 apache for 6.2 is likely to follow but my pthreads were somehow broken :P

• php 5.2.17

with the module for the apache above
  • apache 2.2.26
  • m4 1.4.12
  • autoconf 2.13
  • apr 1.5.0
  • apr-util 1.5.3

... as promised.
a new php with support for this apache is next. then thanks to the m4 and autoconf it should also be easy to add whatever extensions you prefer :-)

the apache is quite complete since i compiled everything shared so you have a crapload of stuff to choose from and can use it just the way you like. it's an mpm prefork build because everything else tends to freak out when used with the php module
You are UNSTOPPABLE!
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 900MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12 DCD, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
ClassicHasClass wrote: You are UNSTOPPABLE!

haha it's not that much but getting stuff done for 6.2 or even 5.3 usually isn't plug&play :P
  • screen_376.bz2
  • algol68g_28.tar.bz2

• libxml2_277.tardist
  • libxml2_277p1.tardist
  • gmake_380.tardist
  • mysql_5045.tar.bz2
  • screen_376.bz2
  • algol68g_28.tar.bz2
  • curl_7350.tardist
  • php_5217_apache2.tar.bz2
  • gimp_125.tar.bz2
  • nedit55_rac.bz2
  • wget_182.tardist

please install the patch for libxml2 if you get linking problems. for some reason -lz was missing from xml2-config.
the php has quite a nice number of modules because i tried to keep the basic installation as pure as possible. some modules do have further dependencies of course.
and just to show off a little i wanna emphasize that the mysql as well as anything else is 100% mipspro :D however i had to remove most of the mysql locales thanks to an encoding mess :P
last but not least the algol thingy is for the oldskoolers. it's a free algol68 runner that should be some fun for anyone on a retro trip.

also figured i could share my custom nedit. it has 2 features in addition to the original one:
1. doesn't ask when saving read-only files as root.
2. an extra buffer indepedent from the clipboard.

the latter is simple but quite handy. often i wanted to change some text as test but wouldn't bother making a copy of the file first and wanted to keep using copy/paste so the solution was a separate buffer. the edit menu has 2 additional entries "Buffer" and "Get Buffer". the first one saves the whole text in memory, the second one replaces the current text with whatever was there when you hit the first one.
  • libogg_131.tardist
  • libvorbis_134.tardist
  • vorbistools_140.tardist
  • audiofile_021.tardist
  • xmms_1211.tardist

for xmms you also need esound from sgi's freeware.
the audiofile is a rebuild of the one from freeware but i replaced vsnprintf to prevent trouble
  • dillo_304.tardist
  • pcre_833.tardist

oh yes there it is :D
quite some heavy changes were necessary to make it work so you might encounter problems. added custom versions of all the missing functions, structures and whatever is related. mostly addrinfo and related functions and the complete set of (v)snprintf with all relatives macros and whatnot :P .
long story short, i'm writing this with that very thing right now and it's using 5.8mb ram and it's fast. i guess it should be fine for all machines able to run 6.2.

you need the gcc libs and some of the basic stuff. mine or tgc should work fine and remember to fire up prngd on 6.2 if you wanna use https
r-a-c.de
Thanks heaps foetz for getting Dillo working with 6.2..!
  • nedit4.bz2
  • libiconv_1111.tardist

a nedit v 4.1
r-a-c.de
  • gettext_0144.tardist
  • libjpeg_6b.tardist
  • libpng_1212.tardist
  • sed_412.tardist
  • curl_7200.tardist
  • libxml2_2612.tardist
  • pkgconfig_0120.tardist
  • readline_43.tardist

some of the usual suspects. more or less recent versions but should be fine for most tasks.
r-a-c.de
  • tcl_805.tardist
  • tk_805.tardist
  • libsnprintf.tar.bz2

libsnprintf contains snprintf, vsnprintf, asprintf and vasprintf. it's the same one i used for dillo3 for 6.2. it includes a static lib, ucode lib and a shared lib with so_locations. all not stripped so you can use it in any way you prefer. it does of course also work with all later versions of irix.
r-a-c.de
  • ntp_412.tardist
r-a-c.de
  • libstrptime.tar.bz2

this is a substitute for strptime() that's not available on 5.3. as usual static, shared and ucode lib included as well as the prototype and not stripped
r-a-c.de
  • openssl_097m.tardist
  • perl_500504.tardist
  • sylpheed_066.tardist
  • svn_155.tardist
  • aprutil_0912.tardist
  • apr_0912.tardist

also some of the old ones rebuilt thanks to some changes patch 1068 applies
r-a-c.de