IRIX and Software

6.2 / 5.3 packages - Page 2

• xchat_143-gcc.tardist

the last version that didn't make heavy use of posix regex and only a gcc build. it was too gcc'ed for the mips c :P
r-a-c.de
  • gimp_125.tardist
  • tiff_382.tardist

tiff is without c++ support for obvious reasons :P
r-a-c.de
  • microline_xml.tar.bz2

• microline_xml.tar.bz2
  • bcpp_20131209.tardist

microline are the original netscape widgets and bcpp is a c++ source beautifier
r-a-c.de
  • Perl-Magick-4.27.tar.bz2
  • imagemagick_427.tardist

the always popular set of gfx tools
r-a-c.de
  • gimp_0541.tar.bz2

• vim_62.tardist

the last one of the first gimp generation based on motif. for historical reasons and for hamei :P
r-a-c.de
foetz wrote: the last one of the first gimp generation based on motif. for historical reasons and for hamei :P

You're a good man, foetz! :)
foetz wrote: microline are the original netscape widgets...

Speaking of which, if anyone wants the full set of netscape's motif add-on widgets I've got them, and I've even semi-autoconfed the source tree, which is to say the I've gotten the library itself to compile with autoconf but not all the other subdirectories, which are tests and whatnot. If there's an interest I could possibly be moved to autoconf the whole thing... 8-)
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
Thank you very much for these packaged ports, I really appreciate that.

By the way, speaking of GIMP, has pressure-sensitive (e.g. Wacom) digitizer/tablet input ever been implemented for IRIX? I remember it didn't work for some (?) Nekoware releases.
:O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: | PREVIOUSLY ALSO: :O3200: :Tezro: :O2: :Indigo2: :rx2600: :rx2600: :rx2600: :zx6000: * :zx6000: *
(* HP Integrity rx2620 “Montecito”)

LOOKING FOR: SGI Indigo² Maximum IMPACT graphics board set, preferably with ≥1 × 4-Mbyte TRAM.
josehill wrote:
foetz wrote: the last one of the first gimp generation based on motif. for historical reasons and for hamei :P

You're a good man, foetz! :)

thaaaanks :D

vishnu wrote:

Speaking of which, if anyone wants the full set of netscape's motif add-on widgets I've got them, and I've even semi-autoconfed the source tree, which is to say the I've gotten the library itself to compile with autoconf but not all the other subdirectories, which are tests and whatnot. If there's an interest I could possibly be moved to autoconf the whole thing... 8-)

me me me ... me :P
on a more serious note: me :D
and no worries about autoconf, i don't care. i.e. no need to spend more time on that at least as far as i'm concerned. would really appreciate the package :-)

gocram wrote: Thank you very much for these packaged ports, I really appreciate that.

By the way, speaking of GIMP, has pressure-sensitive (e.g. Wacom) digitizer/tablet input ever been implemented for IRIX? I remember it didn't work for some (?) Nekoware releases.

i have no idea. never used that with a tablet.
r-a-c.de
foetz wrote: gimp_0541.tar.bz2

Very cool, foetz ! Thank you !

I can't get it to import yet and

Code: Select all

gimp warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for "#acacac"
gimp warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for "#ff0000"
gimp warning: No brushes available for use with this tool.
gimp warning: No brushes available for use with this tool.

but that's just teething problems ... otherwise

this thing looks much nicer to me than the gtk versions :D

I wonder ......
Juliet ! the dice were loaded from the start ...
foetz wrote:
vishnu wrote:

me me me ... me :P
on a more serious note: me :D
and no worries about autoconf, i don't care. i.e. no need to spend more time on that at least as far as i'm concerned. would really appreciate the package :-)

Ha ha no seriously! 8-) They are the widgets that Ramiro Estrugo wrote to make the X Windows (yes I said Windows!) version of Netscape look just like the MS Windows (and Mac) version(s), the project was named Xfe (for X front end), it's all (of course) based on Motif. If you want to browse the source code it's still on mozilla's repository: http://lxr.mozilla.org/classic/source/cmd/xfe/XfeWidgets/ What I did, or, more to the point, tried to do with autoconf was make it compilable as a stand-alone project, since the Makefiles it comes with only work if you download the entire pre-Geko version of mozilla classic, and then run make from the top level. This code was all abandoned on October 8th 1998 with the switch to Geko and GTK. I just took a look at my autoconfed version and it's a bit of a mess, if you take a look at the above link and decide you really do want it I'll have to do a paper bag release (Linus speak for code that's so bad you have to hide your head under a paper bag so no one will know you're the one who released it). :lol:
Project:
Plan:
hmm these seem different from the ones i have. my stuff was just the XmL pack having just a couple of widgets. anyway comparing the progress widgets my surce looks different.
anyhow i wouldn't mind the paper bag release anyway :D
r-a-c.de
foetz wrote: ...

foetz, can you get Gimp 54 to File ... Open ... anything ? I've tried jpg's and tiffs and pngs with no success so far :( No nastiness, just silently fails to open the file. I can make new stuff but not import anything.

btw, did you notice this in the /plug-ins Makefile ?

# the setup for the SGI's on campus (UCB)
#INCLUDE   =   -I/usr/sww/include -I/home/tmp/spencer/include-sgi
#LINCLUDE   =   -L/usr/sww/lib -L/home/tmp/spencer/lib-sgi

Looks like SGI / Irix was involved in the creation of the Gimp :P
he said a girl named Patches was found ...
hamei wrote:
foetz wrote: ...

foetz, can you get Gimp 54 to File ... Open ... anything ? I've tried jpg's and tiffs and pngs with no success so far :( No nastiness, just silently fails to open the file. I can make new stuff but not import anything.

seems you don't have a wildcard for the current dir in your $PATH. either add the gimp dir or the general .
indeed that's just a dot. example:

set path = ( . /usr/freeware/bin /usr/local/bin ...
^

but either way as i added to my other post it doesn't do what you want. it just shows the crop dimensions but no entering own values let alone a fixed retangle. you might wanna have a look at this: viewtopic.php?p=7374452#p7374452

and the sgi related stuff in the makefile seems to be from a campus network they used. not sure what they used there tho because the code and especially the build system is utterly crappy :P
r-a-c.de
foetz wrote: hmm these seem different from the ones i have. my stuff was just the XmL pack having just a couple of widgets. anyway comparing the progress widgets my surce looks different.
anyhow i wouldn't mind the paper bag release anyway :D

If you look up one level in the directory tree you can see Netscape's entire x front end, including two versions of the Microline widgets and a great number of the x files (heh) with original date stamps from summer 1994 when Jamie Zawinski created the cross platform Unix user interface pretty much all by himself.

Link:

http://lxr.mozilla.org/classic/source/cmd/xfe/

I'll paper bag up my autoconfed version of the XfeWidgets and post them after a teensy bit of don't-humiliate-yourself-with-this-crap tidying up... :mrgreen:
Project:
Plan:
great thanks. gonna be fun having the original elements of something i used so much. still do actually for email :P
r-a-c.de
  • climm_071.bz2

• climm_071.bz2

the classic icq client without jabber and other fancy stuff
r-a-c.de
Just to be clear from the start, i thank you for your work and i have waited for many apps like these to be available for lower version of 6.5.22.

I have 6.5.15 and it's clear i cannot use nekoware so i'm stuck with tgcware and your 6.2 apps ...

After i somehow installed dillo3, it's a mix of tgcware and your libs and i ended up with segmentation fault ...

Well ... the problem is ... tgcware is compiled against /usr/tgcware/lib at least that's what i assume
Your 6.2 package installs in /usr/local/lib but, for example, dillo3 doesn't look in there, so i had to put ld_libraryn32_path in my cshrc ... but i already know from experience that is a bad idea.

Then ... dillo3 needs gcc3.46 from tgcware that's linked to some 6.2 patches and some libs from tgcware:
listdcxx newest version and it's strange considering that gcc3.46 is the oldest package, also libgcc newest version same argument.
In the end libiconv is duplicated (tgcware plus 6.2)
Well maybe you could show me a better way :)

I want to express my gratitude for your work ... just to be clear ... i just need a clear path to enjoy them :)
Just a quick one, but have you tried upgrading? The maintenance overlays for IRIX 6.5.22 are available for free from SGI's site (once you've signed up for an account). It's only 6.5.23 onwards that require an active SGI maintenance contract.
Systems in use:
:Fuel: - Lithium : R14000 600MHz CPU, 4GB RAM, V10 Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.30
:Indigo2IMP: - Nitrogen : R10000 195MHz CPU, 384MB RAM, SolidIMPACT Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.22
Other systems in storage: :O2: x 2, :Indy: x 2
rvic wrote: Just to be clear from the start, i thank you for your work and i have waited for many apps like these to be available for lower version of 6.5.22.
I want to express my gratitude for your work ... just to be clear ... i just need a clear path to enjoy them :)

no problem at all, let's have a look ...

After i somehow installed dillo3, it's a mix of tgcware and your libs and i ended up with segmentation fault ...

not as it should be :P

Well ... the problem is ... tgcware is compiled against /usr/tgcware/lib at least that's what i assume
Your 6.2 package installs in /usr/local/lib but, for example, dillo3 doesn't look in there, so i had to put ld_libraryn32_path in my cshrc ... but i already know from experience that is a bad idea.

Then ... dillo3 needs gcc3.46 from tgcware that's linked to some 6.2 patches and some libs from tgcware:
listdcxx newest version and it's strange considering that gcc3.46 is the oldest package, also libgcc newest version same argument.
In the end libiconv is duplicated (tgcware plus 6.2)

okay, first of all using environment variables like LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH is not a bad idea. in fact those variables enable great flexibility and freedom ... if used right.
then you need to be aware of the rulesoverride option for installations. have a look at this: http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi ... 936-PARENT

the solution for your problem is using rulesoverride and only installing ONE of each lib. for example if you have a tgc libiconv already you don't need mine or if you have my libpng you don't need the tgc version and so on.
the major difference between tgc and my packages is that tgc is completely built with gcc while i use the original sgi compilers and dev tools. i do make exceptions tho if the targets use very new or very crappy code :P
you can mix programs and libraries built with gcc and the sgi compilers unless they're written in c++ and since almost all basic stuff makes no use of c++ you should be fine mixing them. so clean up your system and keep it to only one version of each lib and keep the library paths. then things should be fine :-)
r-a-c.de