IRIX and Software

irssi 0.8.13 n32 - Page 2

Is the irssi 0.8.15 build and packaged according to nekoware standards, or should I update it? As package maintainer I just compiled it last week since there is a security hole in all older versions.

No clue about "Nekoware standards" .. hopefully as with many collections of "standards" there is "Many" to choose from. I would say no. As stated earlier, I merely get the latest nekoware -- irssi. Then build irssi to sit in /opt/irssi-0.8.15 .. thus not effecting anything "The real" (you??) irssi maintainer might do. This is 0.8.15. I have an earlier 0.8.15-rc1 if you wish.

Regards,
Al.

No clue about "Nekoware standards" .. hopefully as with many collections of "standards" there is "Many" to choose from.

You should really ask joerg, he's the eagle-eye on this sort of thing but since no one else has spoken and it would be great to have more people doing nekoware :

1) Irix 6.5.22 or better (there were changes that can make earlier versions problematic)

2) Unless it's an emergency, MIPSPro. That's due to incompatability with shared libraries compiled under gcc

3) Please include release notes describing the compiling environment and any other oddities

4) Follow the standard swmgr conventions (version numbers and so on)

5) home directory is /usr/nekoware

6) Not part of the 'standard' but I for one appreciate this : use lower case on the package name. Otherwise the packages are spread all over swmgr and you can't tell what the heck you have installed without a bunch of searching.

There's a more thorough description on the wiki but that seems like the essentials to me. More nekoware ! please ! (and thank you)
There a nekowiki available too: http://www.nekochan.net/wiki/ ... g_Software

* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
http://www.magnicomp.com/sysinfo/ is a rather nice tool although the latest version (9) of course :-( doesn't support Irix anymore (version 8 does, though). Anyone on here had tried it before anyway?

BTW, beginning with version 5.1, the source is no longer provided except with a Software Source Code License Agreement. Well, I happen to have the source for version 4.0. Unfortunately, running it after compilation for my Fuel [I'd to fix an error first] doesn't properly produce all intended info - understandibly, as back then the Fuel wasn't yet known at all. Maybe hacking <irix.cf> now would be more successful, but that would certainly violate the license...

Nifty. That's actually quite easy to follow, so thank you. I'll make a note of this for future crimes.

I do wonder though about the R10000 CFLAG option. I'll have to go and look that up. Only thing I have to build on over here is an 180Mhz R5k moosehead.

I do wonder though about the R10000 CFLAG option. I'll have to go and look that up. Only thing I have to build on over here is an 180Mhz R5k moosehead.

I wouldn't worry about that CFLAG - I never used it on anything I built for Nekoware. As you noted, it's too restricting IMHO.

All Rights Reserved.
More :)

"CosmoTM Code 2.3.1
SOFTWARE INSTALLATION FOR IRIX 6.2, 6.3, 6.4 & 6.5

Free License (Available 09/23/98) Cosmo Code provides an integrated set of visual tools for the Java programming language, enabling developers to create cross-platform and interactive applications."

link

http://web.archive.org/web/200312040312 ... ode_2.3.1/

"
CosmoTM Code 2.3.1
SOFTWARE INSTALLATION FOR IRIX 6.2, 6.3, 6.4 & 6.5

SILICON GRAPHICS, INC. LICENSE AGREEMENT

PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY. SILICON GRAPHICS, INC. ("SGI") GRANTS YOU THE RIGHT TO USE THIS SOFTWARE, BUT ONLY IF YOU AGREE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (the "Agreement"), BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO USE THIS SOFTWARE.

NOTE: THIS LICENSE DOES NOT INCLUDE SUPPORT.

1. Grant Of Limited License; Software Use Restrictions In consideration for your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, SGI will grant to you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right to use and execute the Software, without right to sublicense the Software. You agree that you will not modify, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Software. You may distribute copies of the Software to others, if you include copy of this license agreement with each of such copies .

2. Copying Restrictions. In order to effect your license rights hereunder, you may copy the Software, but only if you place on and in each such copy the same proprietary and copyright notices and legends as originally included by SGI.

3. Ownership of Software. You agree and acknowledge that SGI transfers no ownership interest in the Software, in the intellectual property in any Software or in any Software copy, to you or anyone else under this Agreement or otherwise, and that SGI and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted to you hereunder."

and so on ... :)

link
http://web.archive.org/web/200312162325 ... page1.html

Even more

Here are the free license for the cosmo code and cosmo worlds ...

link
http://web.archive.org/web/200312160858 ... enses.html

"
Free Licenses

We provide free licenses for these products. They are no longer password-protected:
- Cosmo Code and Cosmo Worlds
- MPEG, CINEPAK, and InPerson® for IRIX® 5.3
- MPEG and CINEPAK for IRIX 6.2
The keys provided below are not host specific and will run the applications permanently on any IRIX® machine.

Cosmo Code and Cosmo Worlds Licenses

Manual FLEXlm Nodelocked License Installation Instructions
1. Log in as root. Type: su
2. Edit the license file. Type: jot /var/flexlm/license.dat
3. Copy and paste the following license lines into the license file:
## FLEXlm License File FLMLF 1.0
## Filename:/var/flexlm/license.dat
FEATURE cosmoworlds sgifd 1.000 01-jan-0 0 3C16D11DF6120D788495 HOSTID=ANY \
vendor_info="COSMO WORLDS" ISSUER="Silicon Graphics, Inc."

FEATURE CosmoCode sgifd 2.000 01-jan-0 0 2C96712D8A7EE214AAF3 HOSTID=ANY \
vendor_info="COSMO CODE" ISSUER="Silicon Graphics, Inc."
4. Save the file and exit jot (File pull-down menu).
5. Exit the root account. Type: exit

MPEG, CINEPAK, and InPerson® Licenses for IRIX® 5.3 Users
Manual NetLS Nodelocked License Installation Instructions
1. Log in as root on the machine . Type: su
2. Edit the nodelock file. Type: jot /var/netls/nodelock
3. Copy and paste the following license lines into the nodelock file:
#:#"Silicon Graphics, Inc." "MPEG ENCODER" "A" "2038/01/01" 170
546fb4684914.02.c0.1a.3d.52.00.00.00 7nf8u9rqis5k3mqxf4axhgmug2
#:#"Silicon Graphics, Inc." "CINEPAK ENCODER" "A" "2038/01/01" 180
546fb4684914.02.c0.1a.3d.52.00.00.00 vyx56vaucc2ybmqxf4axhgmug2
#:#"Silicon Graphics, Inc." "INPERSON" "A" "01-jan-2038"
546fb4684914.02.c0.1a.3d.52.00.00.00 h36s3y7eik5e5kbh3c2gi7zut6

MPEG and CINEPAK Licenses for IRIX 6.2 Users
Manual FLEXlm Nodelocked License Installation Instructions
1. Log in as root. Type: su
2. Edit the license file. Type: jot /var/flexlm/license.dat
3. Copy and paste the following license lines into the license file:
## FLEXlm License File FLMLF 1.0
## Filename:/var/flexlm/license.dat
FEATURE MPEG_Encoder sgifd 1.000 01-jan-0 0 5CC152087FDCAEDEA1AC \
HOSTID=ANY vendor_info="MPEG ENCODER" ISSUER="Silicon Graphics, Inc."

FEATURE CINEPAK_Encoder sgifd 1.000 01-jan-0 0 3CD11288C0DE3AA0FB5C \
HOSTID=ANY vendor_info="CINEPAK ENCODER" ISSUER="Silicon Graphics, Inc."

"