Hardware For Sale/Trade

Help me get rid of an Octane, so I can buy new stuff! - Page 1

I've got a spare Octane collecting dust in my setup, and it looks like its time to replace it. Help a fellow SGI addict purge his collection, and get yourself a very clean, basic Octane in the process. The machine is R10k 250/1 meg cache, 512/9gig, SE gfx. Old logo skins are very clean, the machine is in much better condition than the dime-a-dozen Octanes on ebay these days. Make me an offer, I'd love to move this machine quick...I sense an Octane2 or Onyx IR in my near future :D
There is no spoon
/me drools. Can only afford $300 :(
zizban wrote: /me drools. Can only afford $300 :(

is that an offer ? Better be careful Donny doesn't trample you in the rush to accept !
This Octane is still up for grabs. To sweeten the deal a bit, the Octane is now an R12k 270 w/SSI gfx. Any offers? Don't let shipping scare you, I work for FedEx and can get you about 50% off of express shipping.
There is no spoon
Ok....no interest on buying the Octane, so I'll try a new angle. I have a few systems that I'm never going to use again, and I'd like to move them so I can aquire a new toy. Currently I have 2 Octanes, 1 R10k 250, 512/9gig/SE gfx, and 1 R12k270 512/9gig/SSI gfx, and a Mac G4 that I want to send to someone who has use for them. I don't really need cash for these systems, but an interesting trade would be awesome. If anybody wants any of this stuff, let me know what you'd be willing to trade. :)
There is no spoon
Man... Boy would I love an Octane, or a G4 tower...

What're the specs on the G4 tower and which nickname was it? (Digital Audio, Gigabit, QuickSilver, etc)

All I can really offer up is the old projector, but if you want that, I might trade it. (*Though, I highly doubt that a projector which does 16 shades of gray at 640 by 480 is worth an octane or G4 to you... May as well put it out there anyway.)
donny wrote: This Octane is still up for grabs. To sweeten the deal a bit, the Octane is now an R12k 270 w/SSI gfx. Any offers? Don't let shipping scare you, I work for FedEx and can get you about 50% off of express shipping.

...Oh my GOD!... Nekochan, land of temptations for "Mr. Bill"! :roll: :o
How much costs the shipping to Argentine, by "your" FedEx way? :roll: :D
Cory5412 wrote: All I can really offer up is the old projector, but if you want that, I might trade it. (*Though, I highly doubt that a projector which does 16 shades of gray at 640 by 480 is worth an octane or G4 to you... May as well put it out there anyway.)
Well, I bet if you sweeten the deal by adding a pair of old socks to your trade proposition, you'll get the whole thing! :lol:
Diego wrote:
donny wrote: This Octane is still up for grabs. To sweeten the deal a bit, the Octane is now an R12k 270 w/SSI gfx. Any offers? Don't let shipping scare you, I work for FedEx and can get you about 50% off of express shipping.

...Oh my GOD!... Nekochan, land of temptations for "Mr. Bill"! :roll: :o
How much costs the shipping to Argentine, by "your" FedEx way? :roll: :D

Diego- Just PM me with the address they will be shipped to (city and postal code) and I can get you a quote pretty quickly.
There is no spoon
unixmuseum wrote: Well, I bet if you sweeten the deal by adding a pair of old socks to your trade proposition, you'll get the whole thing! :lol:

Old socks...now theres something I never even thought to ask for! :D My goal here in asking for trades is to try and get 1 or 2 new and different systems to replace the 3 (and maybe even 4) that I just plain don't use anymore. That being said...I'm really open to offers for interesting equipment. Just let me know what you want and what you want to give up for it.
There is no spoon
donny wrote: That being said...I'm really open to offers for interesting equipment. Just let me know what you want and what you want to give up for it.

I could trade you a nice xinjiang wife plus ten pounds of grapes for the r12k-270 machine, but shipping would be your responsibility ....
well, I *do* have old socks if you'd like them ;) plus at least one old 68k mac like a 475 (it is a 475, rather.) maybe an old PC? (*athlon 700 or P2/400) (probably not those though) and I do have the Indy....

I'll also have a 7300/200 carcass, no processor (maybe?) or memory, cdrom drive broken and the hard disc removed, if you'dl ike a system like that :P

... As I try to think of things that are worth trading.... :P
hamei wrote: I could trade you a nice xinjiang wife plus ten pounds of grapes for the r12k-270 machine, but shipping would be your responsibility ....

Now we are talking! What kind of shipping do you usually use for xinjiang wives?? :wink:
There is no spoon
Cory- which systems were you interested in? Just the Mac, or an Octane as well?
There is no spoon
Trade ya an Alpha for the pile. :)
There's an old proverb that says pretty much anything you want it to.
:O2: <-> :1600SW: eidyia - R5K/300, 1GB, AV2
:O200: Unnamed - 2xR10K/180 1MB, 256MB
The Octane mostly, as I've got macs already, but the Mac too.
donny wrote: Now we are talking! What kind of shipping do you usually use for xinjiang wives?? :wink:

traditionally they go by container but in your position, you might want to consider air freight to save on the wear-and-tear ... should arrive a lot fresher :-)

i have a sparc laptop (tadpole 3gx) and an hp parisc 9000, 715/100 that i'd be willing to trade. let me know if you're interested. I'd be interested in a G4
Are either of your two octanes still up for sale or
trade? Do you have any TRAM for the gfx cards or
other goodies to tack on?

I would give an HP B2000 (You can get it with HP-UX or
debian, whatever you would want I'll install it). It
has both fxe and ATI RAGE XL graphics.
http://members.rogers.com/unixhq/B2000.pdf
If you think the system you have is worth more than
the b2000, I can make up the difference within reason.
(I'd like to keep the cost lower than the latest from
xs international for a similar system):
-------------------------
Refurbished SGI Octane SE
R12K 300MHz/2MB Cache
512MB Memory
18GB Disk
Keyboard, mouse and power cord kit
30-Day Warranty

Price: $300 USD
http://www.xsnet.com/sgi/octane/featured
---------------

I have obsolete computers (plenty of sgi indys) and
other hardware (police scanners, stereo equiptment,
various computer parts) if your interested in that
kinda thing too.

email: mailto:[email protected]
Involution wrote: i have a sparc laptop (tadpole 3gx) ...

ooh ooh ! Gunther ! I see sparcbooks sometimes, are they usable or just toooooo slow ?