Hardware For Sale/Trade

Help me get rid of an Octane, so I can buy new stuff! - Page 2

I think both of the Octanes have been spoken for, the G4 is still up for grabs, though. I'll keep you guys posted!
There is no spoon
hamei wrote:
Involution wrote: i have a sparc laptop (tadpole 3gx) ...

ooh ooh ! Gunther ! I see sparcbooks sometimes, are they usable or just toooooo slow ?

Its very usable, and the screen is more crisp and clear than any laptop i've ever seen! Mine is running sunos 2.6 with CDE and its extremely responsive.
Just an update on this....The R12k Octane is gone on to a loving home, but I still have an R10k Octane, the G4 and now an R10k o2 to get rid of. I know I had said that I didn't want cash for these necessarily, but if somebody wants to make me an offer on any of these systems, I'll be glad to entertain it :) Thx for all the hardware offers on these systems, after giving it more thought tho, I'm really looking for a faster Octane2 or deskside Origin to augment my systems, so cash might get me closer to my goal than a trade would. Unless somebody has an Octane2 or Origin that they don't want anymore.... :lol:
There is no spoon
donny wrote: Just an update on this.... Thx for all the hardware offers on these systems, after giving it more thought tho, I'm really looking for a faster Octane2 or deskside Origin to augment my systems, so cash might get me closer to my goal than a trade would.

Does that mean the xinjiang wife is out of the running ? I could probably round you up a shanghai wife-for-the-night if that'd be more appealing. Local pickup only tho.
Excuse me for being drunk ehr... whatever...
What are the specs on the G4 you might be selling and what would you think
would be a fair price for it?

WhizzMan
The G4 is an original Blue & White G3, upgraded to G4/400, 512/1x40 gig, 1x10 gig. It has the stock PCI-66 ATI Rage 128Pro, and an additional ATI Radeon 7500. I've been using it with dual heads for FinalCut, but its good for three heads if that catches your fancy. As for price, I'm not to sure what to ask really, if you're interested PM me with an offer. I also have the lovely matching 17" Apple Studio Display CRT, if anyone wants it.
There is no spoon
OK- the plot thickens :) I've now got in my hands a dual G4, 2x450. I can play with the config as far as RAM/HDs, does this catch anybody's eye? Anybody with an Octane2s' eye? :wink:
There is no spoon
Not to bump a thread from the dead, but I sent you a PM.