Nekochan Net

Nekochan 10th anniversary? - Page 2

hamei wrote:
Indigo's are neat. The later machines may be sexier and definitely faster but there's something about an Indigo ....

Ah - the Indigo. Once upon a time it was hailed the "RISC PC of the 90's". 20 years ago, when I bought my first SGI box at list-price (!), it was an R3000. No-one ever claimed that their machines were actually cheap - by today's standard, I'd to shell out about €20000. Sigh, I'm well aware that I should forever be condemned to Ring 2 for having been so stupid, but back then I just wanted have an Indigo. Ok, I beefed it up to R4400, and it run for ten years before it died a peaceful death. After that, I got myself a purple I2 which still purrs away happily today...but occasionally I still long for my old Indigo nevertheless...

Film's still not ready but I went down and picked up a few boxes. Here we are loading about fifty pounds of explosives into the back of the car ....
Attachment:
loademup.jpg
loademup.jpg [ 132.1 KiB | Viewed 396 times ]
Oskar45 wrote:
Ah - the Indigo. Once upon a time it was hailed the "RISC PC of the 90's".

In fact, the Indigo's model number is "4D/RPC" in the series of IRIS 4D machines.

[ Play Quicktime file ] nekoversary.mov [ 3.24 MiB | Viewed 345 times ]
hamei wrote:
Maybe a little big... :D

I dl'ed it at about 120KB per second, so, not too bad for neko's server. Very skyrockety.... :mrgreen:

World domination! Or something...
vishnu wrote:
hamei wrote:
Maybe a little big... :oops:

I dl'ed it at about 120KB per second, so, not too bad for neko's server. Very skyrockety.... :mrgreen:

Oi, sorry neko. If you want to move or remove, I won't have hurt feelings. Seemed nice to celebrate tho :P

btw ...
Code:
urchin 1% mplayer -vo gl2 nekoversary.mov
MPlayer 1.0rc1- MIPSpro Compilers: Version 7.4.4m (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
CPU: SGI MIPS

Playing nekoversary.mov.
Cache fill:  4.82% (606208 bytes)
ISO: File Type Major Brand: Original QuickTime
Quicktime/MOV file format detected.
VIDEO:  [avc1]  480x272  24bpp  30.000 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
Clip info:
encoder: 6.1
==========================================================================
Trying to force video codec driver family ffmpeg...
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Selected video codec: [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264)
Opening audio decoder: [faad] AAC (MPEG2/4 Advanced Audio Coding)
FAAD: Failed to initialize the decoder!
ADecoder init failed :(
ADecoder init failed :(
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x6134706D.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!
Audio: no sound
Starting playback...
VDec: vo config request - 480 x 272 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
Opening video filter: [scale]
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
SwScaler: using unscaled yuv420p -> bgr24 special converter
VO: [gl2] 480x272 => 480x272 BGR 24-bit
[gl2] You have OpenGL >= 1.2 capable drivers, GOOD (16bpp and BGR is ok!)
[gl2] antialiasing off
[gl2] bilinear linear
V:  34.7 1041/1041 33% 147%  0.0% 0 0 0%

Exiting... (End of file)

There was an mplayer plugin project at one time. Now that ff3 works, I wonder ......
Happy next 10 years! :)

:Fuel: bigred , 700MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
probably posted from Image bruce , 2x2x2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 8GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
This is kind of a shock :

http://www.nekochan.net/weblog/archives ... -offi.html

Happy Birthday and thank you squeen and semi, wherever you are now :D
what chc said, cheeck-to-cheek w/ colours in the sky :)

we got drinks, cake, and firewerks, a bassline and some drumming and we'd be all set (sky's hammond & syb's guard's drums could groove some)

happy 10 y'all
guardian452 wrote:
I will bake a cake. Carrot Cake !
Attachment:
Cake.jpg

That sounds pretty tasty and you're a good photographer too.

To the forum host and mods, thanks for the forums. Long may "unpopular" hardware and software wave!

Sadly, two of my favourite songs [Tae the beggin'/The Wild Geese] aren't played these days too often anymore...
No signature
Oskar45 wrote: ... my favourite songs ... The Wild Geese aren't played these days too often anymore...

You like ping sha luo yan ? I'm impressed. Have several recordings by various players if you like ...
hamei wrote:
Oskar45 wrote: ... my favourite songs ... The Wild Geese aren't played these days too often anymore...

You like ping sha luo yan ? I'm impressed. Have several recordings by various players if you like ...
Indeed, a beautiful piece [especially when played on flute]. And I'm sure there are as many different interpretations for it as there are for, e.g., Mahler's 6th [viz. Solti vs. Boulez vs. Bernstein] - but I'd in mind http://springthyme.co.uk/wildgeese/index.htm ... :-)
No signature
as mentioned already for the 10th anniversary of nekochan.net and my upcoming 10th anniversary here as well i pictured how my place would look like in the 23rd century :P
created with an sgi of course :D
foetz wrote: as mentioned already for the 10th anniversary of nekochan.net and my upcoming 10th anniversary here as well i pictured how my place would look like in the 23rd century :P
created with an sgi of course :D

Nice work! Lightwave? Maya?
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
vishnu wrote: Nice work! Lightwave? Maya?

PowerAnimator :D
Impressive work, foetz! Very detailed. I especially like the 3-D SGI cube next to the I2 and the fact that the I2 appears to be displaying the Nekochan forums.
:Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Indigo: :O3x0:
Sun SPARCstation 20, Blade 2500
HP C8000
thanks to both of you :)

yeah it has a few flaws here and there but overall it looks nice i think and that's the important thing. the room could have more stuff but i wanted to let the sgi stuff stand out and not get buried by tons of deco stuff :P
and yes the indigo does show the nekochan main forum page :D

about the cube, i can share the model if you like it