Everything Else

Soccer world-championship - Page 1

Any favorites for you?

interested to hear from ryan fox...

the photos were taken the end of june (so it was just dyed and it looks like it would glow in the dark) Funny thing is, the picture comes up on class rosters so people still bring it up.

I'll have to go with the motherland on this one. Although I am sure the refs will find another creative venue to screw Spain again :roll: I guess FIFA decided our players weren't make a good enough job f-cking up that they needed help.

at you?"
R-ten-K wrote:
I'll have to go with the motherland on this one.
Betting on your motherland this time could make me rich, for sure :-) But I fear it will be one of Argentina, Spain, Brazil, Germany, England, France or Italy...

at you?"
Here in Ireland we say 'anyone but France' :D

Why? Here is the handball it took to get the win: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSWi2WiQiUE
kramlq wrote:
Here in Ireland we say 'anyone but France' :D
Basically, I wouldn't worry - France is most certainly not a #1 favorite, but since the ball is round and they have only to fight South Africa, Mexico and Uruguay, they might easily survive the initial phase. I hope not. I don't like them at all :D

I apologize - I thought you were from the USA. :oops:

i'd like to see some samba-football action a la Sócrates
Kaka?

:ChallengeL: :O2000: :Onyx2: :Onyx2: :Onyx: :O2000R: :O2000R: :O2000E: :O2000E: :Onyx2R: :O3000: :O3000: :O3000: :O3000: :O3000: :O3000: :0300: :0300: :0300: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Fuel: :Fuel:
maxsleg wrote:
so Oskar54, who will you cheer for?
Brazil.

:ChallengeL: :O2000: :Onyx2: :Onyx2: :Onyx: :O2000R: :O2000R: :O2000E: :O2000E: :Onyx2R: :O3000: :O3000: :O3000: :O3000: :O3000: :O3000: :0300: :0300: :0300: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Fuel: :Fuel:
I hear that a lot of people are quickly losing interest because of those “vuvuzela” horns, which are capable of producing literally a deafening noise (at ~135 dB at close range). They keep blowing on them constantly, from the start to the end of a match... even during the national anthems.

Also several journalists and even the team of Columbia, who knows who else too, have been robbed — even at gunpoint — so far, often in the seemingly secure confines of ‘5-star’ hotels. Though they decide to put a lid on it, because that can't get in the way of all the football (or “soccer”) fun, can it now.

In other words, lots of fun!

wikipedophile wrote:
After the Confederations Cup FIFA received complaints from multiple European broadcasters who wanted it banned for the 2010 FIFA World Cup because the sound drowns out the commentators.

Every cloud has a silver lining :P
Oskar45 wrote:
maxsleg wrote:
so Oskar54, who will you cheer for?
Brazil.

pssst i thought you were a German too :)

As far as I am concerned: Anyone may win, as long as the Netherlands get kicked out as soon as possible. I couldn't care less about football and this country is going crazy while the championship is on - so the sooner the national team is gone from the competition, the sooner the country can return to normal again... :evil: :mrgreen: <ducks and runs>

Toshiba Libretto 110CT + even more PCs
Go New Zealand :-)

maxsleg wrote:
Go New Zealand :-)

What, with a 1:1 draw against Italy?

I've just returned from Seoul, it seemed like entire population watched the 4:1 defeat on the big screens in the city streets.