Everything Else

Soccer world-championship - Page 2

Quote:
What, with a 1:1 draw against Italy?
yah, apparently, quite the accomplishment. :roll: IMO we got lucky with that penalty shot; I listen on the radio (only broadcast TV here...) so that opinion may be meaningless.

Quote:
What, with a 1:1 draw against Italy?
yah, apparently, quite the accomplishment. :roll: IMO we got lucky with that penalty shot; I listen on the radio (only broadcast TV here...) so that opinion may be meaningless.

You can stream the games on the net live though. Someone I work with has been doing that.

"(Jim) Clark's friends who did not know Ed McCracken came to believe that the man's name was Fucking Ed McCracken. Always the prankster, Clark also replaced the nameplate on his nemesis's door with one reading "Ed McMuffin," a change it took poor Ed three days to notice"-Salon
:Crimson: R4400-150 Server (RE Progress 80%)
Currently in use: Sennheiser HD 600
A friend of mine has cable and a big TV so... big parties often over there! Sunday morning was a little early for her though. I don't have a computer at work, and my wheezing internet at home can barely keep up with youtube (which is fine as I am only on maybe 2 or 3 hours a week). I have a soldering station, some hand tools, and an 8 year old xm2go and in ears. My other job is entertainment so obviously I can't watch or listen to the radio there.

Oh btw I just watched that gaff from the US slovenia game. I was assuming it was offsides, that's what the announcers were assuming at the time... in my rinky-dink indoor league at least we have a damn clock with a buzzer. The refs don't suck (else they'll get beaten to a bloody pulp in the parking lot). So what if the grass is fake and nobody is watching? Do these fifa people have no sense of... anything?

Even the pee-wee games with 5 year old players don't have this kind of idiocy. I don't get it: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 01922.html
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/s ... xid=cnnbin

There are always bad calls but it seems like this year there are a LOT of REALLY bad calls. I think seeing kaka getting walked into was the tipping point for me...

n1mr0d wrote:
One should go back in time and terminate Charles Wreford-Brown for calling this game soccer.
http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Handegg
(may be a bit NSFW if you are not familiar with ED's "style"; at least get a chuckle out of the title image.)

Attachment:
WK 2010 hup Holland hup! speelschema wk 2010.jpg
WK 2010 hup Holland hup! speelschema wk 2010.jpg [ 45.08 KiB | Viewed 56 times ]

Currently in commercial service: Image :Octane2: :Onyx2: (2x) :0300:
In the museum: almost every MIPS/IRIX system.
^^^ what a fantastic rac...err...banner!

bigD wrote:
^^^ what a fantastic rac...err...banner!

Where can you apply for a position as Little Dutch Boy ?