Hardware For Sale/Trade

The Bullshit keeps falling down...

Yes, 12whitediamonds is back on ebay with his tacky overpriced paint job/LED Octane...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1&tc=photo

Image Image

Compared to the machine he got for $120 from 1stsourceusa, that makes for expensive paint & LEDs!

But the main question I want to ask: can I run Linux on it?
wtf?
ubi dubium ibi libertas
unixmuseum wrote: But the main question I want to ask: can I run Linux on it?

<------------------ You've forced me to re-hijack your avtar..... look it's Linux 'running' !
i think the guy doing this should be shot....

a white octane.... *vomit*

maybe polished skins if thats possible, but not white, would make using it feel like yer in a hospital
Octane
9 gig / 512MB / ESSI / R10k 250
O2
4 gig / 256MB / R5k 180
12whitediamonds is to computers like Donald Trump is to architecture
Not again <groan>...

Who is buying these things?
Yeah, I think we all agree that paint jobs on our machines should be reserved only for extreme cases, but I can't help (ok, it's overpriced, but then I already have an Octane) to think it looks nice in white... except for the stupid fan LED.
unixmuseum wrote: But the main question I want to ask: can I run Linux on it?

Sure, if you super-glue the distribution CD's to the case. The Octane runs and linux is on it :)
-ks

:Onyx: :Onyx: :Crimson: :O2000: :Onyx2: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane2: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :320: :540: :O3x0: :1600SW: :1600SW: :hpserv:

See them all >here<
i think those fans look pretty nice, considering you wont see them - only the glow on the wall.

the paint job is another matter altogether.

when i look at that picture i just want to open the front and take out a cold beer! :twisted:
kshuff wrote: Sure, if you super-glue the distribution CD's to the case. The Octane runs and linux is on it :)

hahaha nice one :lol:
We are here on Earth to do good to others. What the others are here for, I don't know.
It does look like a kitchen appliance :)
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
I wanna know what an Octane is doing in a jewelry store.

And how long that glass held :lol:
unixmuseum wrote: Yes, 12whitediamonds is back on ebay with his tacky overpriced paint job/LED Octane...

But the main question I want to ask: can I run Linux on it?

Yikes, that guy should be shot for molesting an Octane like that.

Kinda of off topic, but has anyone seen this garbage?

http://quickwired.com/kallahar/smallprojects/indigo2/
QuicksilverG4 wrote: ... And how long that glass held :lol:

Looks like at least quarter-inch plate. Glass is stronger than steel in compression - as long as you don't hit it with a hammer :-)
http://quickwired.com/kallahar/smallprojects/indigo2/

Yikes....enough to make me throw upppppppp :evil:

The ONLY and I mean ONLY thing that interested me in the slightest was that internal cd rom or burner

He explains using a needle nose pliers to remove and dissect plus how he smashed the original Octane mainboard in order to mount a.........a......a....... I can't even say celeron.......pukeing again

And by day he is a brain surgeon......or should I say sturgeon

Richard