Hardware For Sale/Trade

Flood of Origins on ebay all over the world

I can't remember ever seeing such huge number of Origin 2xx/2xxx and 3xxx selling at the same time on ebay in US and Germany, and, I must admit, the prices for what you get are getting lower and lower every month. Seems like big universities, companies and research institutions are slowly dumping Origins and switching to Altix and others.. which means, from hobyist, stundents or young researchers point of view - good news (almost like a dream). If it continues that way, maby even I'll get some of those racks. Here are some examples right now as I'm typing this:

ebay USA:

Origin2000 4x195 $550
Origin200 2x270 $380
Origin2100 4x400 $2250
8 x Origin200 2x225 $1395
Origin2000 8x195 $1395
Origin2000 32x195 $3995
Origin3400 4x400 $6995
Origin200 1x180 $149
Origin200 1x225 $199
Origin2000 64x195 $6995
Origin3400 20xR14k $9999

..and ebay Germany:

Origin2400 20x300 6949 Euro
I have NO Idea what I just bought, :shock: But I am still ecstatic! :D The unit was local to the area......No idea on the HINV the only description was

It has 50 x 4.2GB 7200RPM hard drives and I think it has 2 Mips, 3 bricks

2 separate racks, On housing 2 Origin 2000 cabinets stacked with the LCD screen in the middle & a second rack with the drive arrays. Now I just have to read up on the units & do some homework so that I can put it in operation. Any guesses, what is the smallest cpu hinv configuration for a Origin 2000 machine? Will both Origin 2000 boxes contain CPU's? or one a dummy for other boards :?:

Timberoz>Craig
Craig,

HAH!!! :shock: :shock: you bought that, you may have the deal of the century, or not. I would have bid on it, but don't have access to a truck big enough to haul it back to NSW anyway. That was one sweet price. Are you going to have to now remodel the house to accomofdate it????

Glenn :D :D
G'day Glenn, Yes mate I am still in shock myself. As long as it's a deal I am stoked! Was thinking the studio could do with another SGI... But I think if I put anymore Records, CD's or SGI machines here the floor will give I am positive.

Besides my business has points that are 15amp on a 3phase distro. Plus there is more room there for me to hug it! Is anyone else here that is sadly that addicted to the colour blue?

Want to come up & help me work out how it all works? I think that there will be some intensive pdf reading going on over the next few weeks/months :?

Timberoz>Craig
Timberoz wrote: I have NO Idea what I just bought, :shock: But I am still ecstatic! :D The unit was local to the area......No idea on the HINV the only description was

It has 50 x 4.2GB 7200RPM hard drives and I think it has 2 Mips, 3 bricks

2 separate racks, On housing 2 Origin 2000 cabinets stacked with the LCD screen in the middle & a second rack with the drive arrays. Now I just have to read up on the units & do some homework so that I can put it in operation. Any guesses, what is the smallest cpu hinv configuration for a Origin 2000 machine? Will both Origin 2000 boxes contain CPU's? or one a dummy for other boards :?:

Timberoz>Craig

Hey Godfather!; Are you plaining a subtle conquest of the world? :roll: :oops: :lol:

What a nice machine, man!; Congrats! ;)
...We like to see pictures!!! I can't imagine those more than 200GBytes streamming video! :shock: :D

Greetings by Australia for you and Ruckusman! ;)
Well I can understand your addiction...

I'd be into coming up to play, could be fun indeed. ..If I'm correct you'll need a null modem serial cable to get you started. I'd love to know what the hinv is once you get it plugged in.

Once I get my finances sorted out at this end I may see if there are any cheap flights as I don't think it's wise to drive my car that distance in one hit anymore ;-)

Glenn
small world isn't it?

i was looking at that one myself for a while, but since im in vic and living with the parents, didn't think that bidding was a good idea

maybe when my uni eventually sells off their sgi servers i might try and snag one of my own, tho i dont know how the magna would stand up to hauling one of those home :?
Octane
9 gig / 512MB / ESSI / R10k 250
O2
4 gig / 256MB / R5k 180
Certainly is, I actually considered whether or not it would fit into the back of my Subaru. :roll: Even if it had fit the car would'nt have made the journey :lol: It should be a fun toy!!
Well Glenn, The beast is now in my possession! I can't believe that they actually parted with the machine. The best $611 dollar that I have ever spent I must say.

As for size! OH MY GOD you would never get that into you Subaru. We collected the Sever rack in a Mercedes Sprinter Van & we had to do 2 trips one for the Server the other for the disk arrays as both towers were to wide to fit into the van at the same time. Thank god SGI put them onto rollers. :roll:

I just have to work out what all the boards are in the machine, all the cables were still attached to the units (scsi, power, serial console, etc) It like complete right down to the Cray door that covers the interconnects. It's like they disconnected the input mains cable & left everything else there. I am about to go attack Techpub for PDF's.

Cry's *Why* Did the have to dump Maya now! Would not this have been a prefect render node? Photos to follow soon.............. I now know how Hamei felt when he got his Fuel :D
Wooooo

Timberoz>Craig
aw... one of you australians... buy my octane ;)

craig: momma.. that's a scary sounding piece of gear. *jealous!* heheh

enjoy!!
ubi dubium ibi libertas
Please let us know how it all goes once you plug it in and power it on, anxiously awaiting a Hinv...
plug it in while the superbowl is on, if your lucky you will cause a brownout and screw several hundred local fans of that "sport". :D

(american-football = rugby for pussy's!) :twisted:
NauSeuM wrote: aw... one of you australians... buy my octane ;)

if only it was an Indigo2 or o2, you would have me buying it, but i've already got an octane :(
Octane

9 gig / 512MB / ESSI / R10k 250

O2

4 gig / 256MB / R5k 180
Intel-OUTSIDE wrote: (american-football = rugby for pussy's!) :twisted:

I want to see you explain that to Otis Sistrunk :-)
As Diego would say.........I still have my eye on your Octane as part of my quest for "World Domination" But I have blow my budget this week so to speak. But if it not sold anytime soon, I am sure that our paths are going to cross in the near future.

Timberoz>Craig