Nekochan Net

Location, location...Location!

A sad plea to those who post on this wonderful forum...Please fill in your geographical location as half the fun about the site is knowing where everybody is from! Specifics not required...Something like 'Nepal' or 'Argentina' would do nicely! :mrgreen:

(It also helps with the marketplace...)

-Jacques.
No SGI box currently...Snif!
Yea, it does help out a lot on the Nekochan Market Place.
NMP
:Indigo2IMP: :Octane: This post was typed using dvorak keyboard layout - http://www.dvzine.org
I thought half the fun was trying to figure out where everybody is!
VenomousPinecone wrote: I thought half the fun was trying to figure out where everybody is!

Especially when their location is in a language other then English -- like mine!
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better"
Dubhthach wrote: Especially when their location is in a language other then English -- like mine!

If you pay close attention to grammar errors you can sometimes figure out one's native language.
Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
Dubhthach wrote:
VenomousPinecone wrote: I thought half the fun was trying to figure out where everybody is!

Especially when their location is in a language other then English -- like mine!

Yay, my 13 years of studying irish wasn't in vain :)
Hi, is there a way to find users by location?
weldelandia wrote: Hi, is there a way to find users by location?

That's a fairly tall order. Not only can users put just about anything in the location field of their user profile, entering a location isn't mandatory.

You could always google the forum by the geographic entity of choice, something like "site:nekochan.net finland". If you're interested in finding members in a specific area, you'd probably get better results by a post that outlines who you want to find <and your reasons for doing so>.
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
In the members index page there is an option to sort by location, only the location is not shown.
Maybe some setting in board software...?

And yes, i am looking for Finnish members. It's getting increasingly difficult to find Unix-hardware up here in the north.

Thanks to Nekochan, i've found some contacs and i'm finally a proud owner of SGI and SUN hardware.
Guadalajara, Mexico :)
__Zacatito__ Image 600 MHZ R14000; 17GBytes HD
__Nopalito__ Image 200 MHZ R5000; 9GBytes HD
Guadalajara, Jal and Aguascalientes, Ags
Mexico
Tuscola IL
jns wrote: Tuscola IL

hi jns! you can put this on your profile location through User Control Panel ;)
:Octane: (Sakura) :O2: (Sasuke) :1600SW: (Naruto) ... lil Jesse! (O2 laptop)
“Imagination is more important than knowledge.“ – A. Einstein
geo wrote: hi jns! you can put this on your profile location through User Control Panel ;)

95% chance it's an aspiring spammer, geo.
hamei wrote: 95% chance it's an aspiring spammer, geo.
geez im stupid..
:Octane: (Sakura) :O2: (Sasuke) :1600SW: (Naruto) ... lil Jesse! (O2 laptop)
“Imagination is more important than knowledge.“ – A. Einstein
hamei wrote:
geo wrote: hi jns! you can put this on your profile location through User Control Panel ;)

95% chance it's an aspiring spammer, geo.

Nah, I just don't post on forums that much ;) I have an octane I'm in love with ;)