Nekochan Net

Signature line computer icons. - Page 4

J5600 visualize

D-EJ915 has a pair.

Yeah, it's smaller than a deskside, I didn't really "size" the ones I did to what they would really be like compared to the others although they are pretty real-sized compared to pixel-O2. I should do some up for my new acquisitions.

I may have gone off the rails here, but... Just got my Origin 300s, and decided to hack around with those icons. (I must be avoiding something ...) Tweaked the colors of the compute brick. And I had wanted to see about stacking them rather than stringing them out horizontally, so...And since you can't scale to 3+ without something switching, I threw in an r-brick / NUMAlink Module. All the photos I could find with an open rack looked the same re: the router, so...

While I was looking for photos of an O300 w/ NUMAlink module, I found one pic of a purported half-rack O300 that used a different colorscheme on the compute modules: http://lms.chem.tamu.edu/sc.html Curious if that's of a different system type entirely, or if the O300 used different colors at different times.

I do not assume nekonoko wants to start adding icons 8 at a whack... But since I've already wasted the time, I'll upload them for whatever they're worth.

I hereby state that the icons I've posted here are made available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Do whatever you'd like within those terms.

Samples: ;O3x0; :O3x0: ... Dual/pair ;O3x02L; :O3x02L: ... Four, w/ R-brick ;O3x05R; :O3x04R: ... Eight, w/ R-brick ;O3x08R; :O3x08R:
(use colon instead of semi-colon)

Edit : Added examples

I may have gone off the rails here, but... Just got my Origin 300s, and decided to hack around with those icons. (I must be avoiding something ...) Tweaked the colors of the compute brick. And I had wanted to see about stacking them rather than stringing them out horizontally, so...And since you can't scale to 3+ without something switching, I threw in an r-brick / NUMAlink Module. All the photos I could find with an open rack looked the same re: the router, so...

While I was looking for photos of an O300 w/ NUMAlink module, I found one pic of a purported half-rack O300 that used a different colorscheme on the compute modules: http://lms.chem.tamu.edu/sc.html Curious if that's of a different system type entirely, or if the O300 used different colors at different times.

I do not assume nekonoko wants to start adding icons 8 at a whack... But since I've already wasted the time, I'll upload them for whatever they're worth.

I hereby state that the icons I've posted here are made available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Do whatever you'd like within those terms.

Cool. I'd be using one of them.

R.

開いた括弧は必ず閉じる -- あるプログラマー

:Tezro: :Tezro: :Onyx2R: :Onyx2RE: :Onyx2: :O3x04R: :O3x0: :O200: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :PI: :PI: :1600SW: :1600SW: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy:
:hpserv: J5600, 2 x Mac, 3 x SUN, Alpha DS20E, Alpha 800 5/550, 3 x RS/6000, Amiga 4000 VideoToaster, Amiga4000 -030, 733MHz Sam440 AmigaOS 4.1 update 1. Tandem Himalaya S-Series Nonstop S72000 ServerNet.

Sold: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo:

Cortex ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cortex-th ... 11?sk=info
Minnie ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Minnie-th ... 02?sk=info
Book ----> http://pymblesoftware.com/book/
Github ---> https://github.com/pymblesoftware
Visit http://www.pymblesoftware.com
Search for "Pymble", "InstaElf", "CryWhy" or "Cricket Score Sheet" in the iPad App store or search for "Pymble" or "CryWhy" in the iPhone App store.
smj wrote:
The web site designer probably grabbed the wrong photo. The system on the web site appears to be the infamous Onyx4 UltimateVision . It's O350 based, with dual ATI graphics boards <and runs xFree86 rather than XSGI>. The Onyx4 was the <graphics> predecessor to the rack-mounted Altix/Prism XG2N brick. The Altix/Prism XG2N brick I had was marked as a prototype - it had unmarked Onyx4 front panels and Altix/Prism internals.

BTW - Nice job on the O300 and Prism icons. Having stackable O300s will save some people quite a bit of <lateral> signature real estate.

* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
recondas wrote:
Having stackable O300s will save some people quite a bit of <lateral> signature real estate.

I promise I will not start fussing with the other types of bricks/modules. There are just too many options and configurations. Maybe it'd be useful/fun to have an Infinite Reality box with the link wires that you could plant next to a stack of O3x0 modules, but that's about it. Elsewise it leads to madness, and a nekonoko driven insane by sixteen pages of icons that all need unique names...

Yes, definitly. Too bad I never got the chance to use the eight-brick icon (since two of them went for Holland), but at least I can manage six-brick icon just a few days longer. Then I'm down at two-brick.

This time it's the Altix 350/3000 line. I've found two different flavors of full-height cabinets, and I've assumed the wasp-waisted variant was introduced later. I haven't seen much discussion of people cobbling up random numbers of Altix 350 C-bricks, so I only did a few loose 350 icons, the half rack, the two types of full racks, and expansion cabinets for the full racks.

Examples: 1 C-brick ;A350; :A350: ... 2 C-bricks ;A3502L; :A3502L: ... Altix 3 1/2 rack ;AltixDS; :AltixDS: ... Altix 3000 rack ;A3000R; :A3000R:

Edit : Added examples

While SGI was never shy about breaking their own configuration rules, in general I would think the Altix 350 and Altix 3000 rack configurations mirrored the Origin350/3000 <much like most of the rest of the engineering did>.

Following that logic <and the illustrations in TechPubs>, tall-rack installations of the Altix 350 would have shipped in the slab-sided 39U rack , while tall-rack installations of the Altix 3000 would have shipped in 'wasp-waisted' 40U racks . Altix 350 and Altix 3000 Short-rack configurations that shipped in an SGI rack would have shared the 17U slab-sided short rack.

Thanks recondas, that settles that. You'd think I would have learned to go to TechPubs first, rather than relying on Google image search... I'll revise that post and update the filenames.

What I didn't mention <and certainly should have> was the great job you did making those icons. I don't know that there's any real reason to change the names. The icons are primarily a visual tool - they appear in a signature file without a title <unless moused-over>. The end user can select which ever matches his system or suits his fancy. His selection of one over the other won't make me any less envious. ;)

recondas wrote:
The icons are primarily a visual tool - they appear in a signature file without a title <unless moused-over>. The end user can select which ever matches his system or suits his fancy.
Point taken - and in any event poor neko is going to have to work out the short names used for them as signature icons. But at least this way the names I use locally and what's on the post are as accurate as we can make them.

And thank you / you're welcome. ;)

recondas wrote:
His selection of one over the other won't make me any less envious. ;)
Ha, too true! :P

Following that logic <and the illustrations in TechPubs>, tall-rack installations of the Altix 350 would have shipped in the slab-sided 39U rack , while tall-rack installations of the Altix 3000 would have shipped in 'wasp-waisted' 40U racks . Altix 350 and Altix 3000 Short-rack configurations that shipped in an SGI rack would have shared the 17U slab-sided short rack.

I can verify the similarities with O350/3000 configurations. I got my 8-brick O350 out of the regular "thin" SGI rack, but the O3800 rack came in its usual "wide" style cabinet.

All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote:
Okay, I think I have them all added. I've updated the O300 single module code to :O3x0: to make things more consistent.

Adding all of those was probably not a ton of fun -- thank you very much for taking the time.

All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote:
Not a problem at all. I'm sure it doesn't take as long for me to add them as it did for you to make them :)

It didn't take me much time to add it to my .sig :)

Currently in commercial service: Image :Onyx2: (2x) :O3x02L:
In the museum : almost every MIPS/IRIX system.
Wanted : GM1 board for Professional Series GT graphics (030-0076-003, 030-0076-004)
Now that we have Altix 3000 icons, I'm waiting for the NASA Columbia users to join Nekochan and setup their signatures ;)

Can we have Stones and VBOB icons too...?
Or just a "Discreet" system..?
Or is that the line in the sand... just a little too far..?

R.

アレゲはアレゲ以上のなにものでもなさげ -- アレゲ研究家

:Tezro: :Tezro: :Onyx2R: :Onyx2RE: :Onyx2: :O3x04R: :O3x0: :O200: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :PI: :PI: :1600SW: :1600SW: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy:
:hpserv: J5600, 2 x Mac, 3 x SUN, Alpha DS20E, Alpha 800 5/550, 3 x RS/6000, Amiga 4000 VideoToaster, Amiga4000 -030, 733MHz Sam440 AmigaOS 4.1 update 1. Tandem Himalaya S-Series Nonstop S72000 ServerNet.

Sold: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo:

Cortex ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cortex-th ... 11?sk=info
Minnie ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Minnie-th ... 02?sk=info
Book ----> http://pymblesoftware.com/book/
Github ---> https://github.com/pymblesoftware
Visit http://www.pymblesoftware.com
Search for "Pymble", "InstaElf", "CryWhy" or "Cricket Score Sheet" in the iPad App store or search for "Pymble" or "CryWhy" in the iPhone App store.
PymbleSoftware wrote:
Can we have Stones and VBOB icons too...?
Or just a "Discreet" system..?
Or is that the line in the sand... just a little too far..?

Certainly a reasonable request. Just send me one of each, and I'll get right to work. :P I'll finally be heading home Wednesday after 2.5 weeks, and I'm just hoping my aquarium has survived my absence. :shock:

If I build the components in question, I could make them available with "link wires" as well as put them in some standard configs. Once I've got an Infinite Reality 3/4 chassis or a TP9xxx I could include them in an open-door view of a stock Onyx 3x0, for example. I'd need a little feedback/guidance on where the Stones and other bits show up. (By writing that, have I guaranteed that a Stone is just a TP9xxx drive unit? I just love to expose my own ignorance... ;) )

Any other ideas? If you have a particular pic in the gallery or a hinv thread of something in particular PM me a pointer. Some of these might be more interesting/useful than the Altix 4-series machines at this point in time. (I still think those Prism gratings could be better, but I might lose my mind staring at them...)

Not clear what'll come first, any of the above or the work I left barely started on DINA and L3 stuff, more wiki updates, etc. (Or maybe figuring out why my go-to-the-snow car died just before I went to the airport...)