Nekochan Net

Signature line computer icons. - Page 3

Pontus wrote: Already in my signature.

Hate to be a spoilsport but the white does not show up at all well on the light blue background. Reminds me of that famous painting "Black Cat Sitting in a Coal Mine at Midnight." Would a single pixel of a darker color around the edges help ?
hamei wrote: Hate to be a spoilsport but the white does not show up at all well on the light blue background. Reminds me of that famous painting "Black Cat Sitting in a Coal Mine at Midnight."
Yeah, I noticed this with the IRIS 3130 icon, and that's darker. But these cabinets were a pretty light cream color (before the sunlight got to 'em, anyway). I don't think an outline is going to look right. Any suggestions? Lots of gear that comes to mind is going to have the same issue...
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube:
Pontus wrote: Thank you! Already in my signature. Soon there will be no space left for text :D

Speaking of which... How's my old DECsystem doing?
:O3200: :Fuel: :Indy: :O3x02L:
smj wrote:
hamei wrote: Hate to be a spoilsport but the white does not show up at all well on the light blue background. Reminds me of that famous painting "Black Cat Sitting in a Coal Mine at Midnight."
Yeah, I noticed this with the IRIS 3130 icon, and that's darker. But these cabinets were a pretty light cream color (before the sunlight got to 'em, anyway). I don't think an outline is going to look right. Any suggestions? Lots of gear that comes to mind is going to have the same issue...

Hmm, I did notice.. but I think we will have to live with it.

ramq wrote:
Pontus wrote: Thank you! Already in my signature. Soon there will be no space left for text :D

Speaking of which... How's my old DECsystem doing?

Just fine, I'm working on restoring some Amiga 500 and an Indigo 2 right now so it is not getting much attention. But it will come in handy when I need to read some RA disk. I'm hoping to save some data from RA82 disk which I will have to throw away afterwards... they are just _huge_

/P
:Onyx2R: :IRIS3130: :Onyx2: :O2000: :O200: :PI: :Fuel: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Indy: :1600SW: :pdp8e:
:BA213: <- MicroVAX 3500 :BA213: <- DECsystem 5500 :BA215: <- MicroVAX 3300
Pictures of my collection: www.pdp8.se
Here is my contribution, the PDP-8/e.

Also, I was wondering if I could use these icons on my own site? It's a great way to illustrate your collection.
:Onyx2R: :IRIS3130: :Onyx2: :O2000: :O200: :PI: :Fuel: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Indy: :1600SW: :pdp8e:
The ones I did myself (the majority of them) I will freely allow other sites to use however please don't claim ownership and I'll be totally happy. :)
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
Pontus wrote: Here is my contribution, the PDP-8/e.

Also, I was wondering if I could use these icons on my own site? It's a great way to illustrate your collection.

Thanks, I've added it to the board. I don't personally have a problem with your using the icons elsewhere as long as the creators have no objections.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote:
Pontus wrote: Here is my contribution, the PDP-8/e.

Thanks, I've added it to the board. I don't personally have a problem with your using the icons elsewhere as long as the creators have no objections.

hmm I was afraid of that answer :) pentium, sybfreq, smj, others(?) what do you think?
I hereby clarify that the icons I've posted here are made available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Do whatever you'd like within those terms, and thanks for asking first!
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube:
Is there a way to display the icons upside-down (to indicate non-functioning SGIs)?
Currently, in ascending order of (my) time consumption -
:Fuel: :Fuel: :Fuel: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :Octane2: :AltixDS: :A350R:
Is there a way to display the icons upside-down (to indicate non-functioning SGIs)?

rofflcoptr
Thinkpad x220 Slack + DWM

Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
Since there's been a spate of activity around Prisms recently, and I'm having an anti-social Saturday night, I whipped up a couple signature icons for the Prism line.

The moiré patterns created by the overlapping grating are very appealing in the actual product, but trying to do them any justice in this format is maddening. Hopefully this isn't too lame. Likewise there's a range of colors in the photos I can find due to lighting and other factors -- I figured the brighter, bolder end of the scale would work better in a sig.

The desktop model is a little shorter than the Tezro desktop due to the absence of the "mouse ears" molded into the plastics, but about the same size. The deskside I made the same half-rack size as the Origin 3200, and the full rack the same size as the Origin 3000 icon. I threw in a Prism rack extension just in case there is such a thing.

I suggest the following naming: "PrismDT" "PrismDS" "PrismR" and "PrismRE" - where you'd use colons instead of quotes if these are accepted.

For example: :PrismDT: :PrismDS: :PrismR: :PrismRE:

Big Prism: :PrismR: :PrismRE: :PrismRE: ... vs Big Origin 2000: :O2000R: :O2000E: :O2000E:

Comparison: :Tezro: :PrismDT: ... :O3200: :PrismDS: ... :O3000: :PrismR: ... :O2000E: :PrismRE:

I'll attach PNGs to this post. And to keep it all kosher: I hereby state that the icons I've posted here are made available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Do whatever you'd like within those terms.

Edit : Sync'd my suggested names with what nekonoko used, to avoid confusion.
smj wrote: Since there's been a spate of activity around Prisms recently, and I'm having an anti-social Saturday night, I whipped up a couple signature icons for the Prism line.

Cool! I think you managed to get the moiré pattern down pretty good!
smj you are the man!

Great stuff thank you very much.
Current inventory: :O2: :1600SW: :Octane2: :Tezro: :Onyx2:
Former members: :PI: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :1600SW: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Fuel: :PrismDT: :Onyx2: :Onyx2: :O200: :O2000: :O3200: :O3x04R:
I've added these in. Thanks much!
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
And I have immediately used it in my sig. Thanks again to smj and to Pete of course.
Current inventory: :O2: :1600SW: :Octane2: :Tezro: :Onyx2:
Former members: :PI: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :1600SW: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Fuel: :PrismDT: :Onyx2: :Onyx2: :O200: :O2000: :O3200: :O3x04R:
Wonderful!
Pity they never made it until Rusti got my Prism. :-)

I've got leads on an Altix though...
:O3200: :Fuel: :Indy: :O3x02L:
ramq wrote: Wonderful!
Pity they never made it until Rusti got my Prism. :-)

I've got leads on an Altix though...

Intriguing, lets hope it works out! Making a signature Icon shouldn't be so hard by using the prism as base.
So exactly what machine is HPSERV? Looks like an AlphaServer 1000-type box but a bit different.
"Brakes??? What Brakes???"

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)
Pontus wrote: Intriguing, lets hope it works out! Making a signature Icon shouldn't be so hard by using the prism as base.
I started looking at the Altii for a next step, but bear in mind there's the Altix 3x0[0] versus the Altix 4x0[0]. The latter (in racks) uses the gratings, the former uses wavy slats of plastic. So maybe the 4x0[0] will come first, we'll see how soon I get swamped again.