ShadeOfBlue wrote:
PymbleSoftware wrote:
Code:
cc-1035 CC: WARNING File = /usr/include/stdint.h, Line = 5
#error directive:  This header file is to be used only for c99 mode
compilations

#error This header file is to be used only for c99 mode compilations
^

Try replacing '#include <stdint.h>' with '#include <inttypes.h>'.

Thanks, I will try that.

I also tried a gcc build and immediately ran into the missing Poco library problem.

I will get around to it eventually.

アレゲはアレゲ以上のなにものでもなさげ -- アレゲ研究家

:Onyx2R: :Onyx2RE: :0300: <-> :0300: <-> :0300: :O200: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo: :PI: :PI: :1600SW: :1600SW: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :O2000: :hpserv: J5600,
3 x SUN, 2 x Mac, Alpha DS20E, Alpha 800 5/550, 2 x RS/6000, Amiga 4000 VideoToaster, Amiga4000 -030, 733MHz Sam440 AmigaOS 4.1 update 1. Tandem Himalaya S-Series Nonstop S72000 ServerNet.
Has anyone seen this? Supposedly it's coming out soon.

http://www.migrationspecialties.com/FreeAXP.html
foetz wrote:
an alpha emu for windows to run windows?
anyway i'm sure it's the worst :D

Well.. The newest version of Qemu (12.2.3) can run the Windows NT versions for the MIPS on.. Windows.. And the older 0.90 could run Windows x64 on a win32 machine!

One can only speculate if the alpha or powerpc emulation for Qemu will mature to the point of running more versions of Windows NT....

Well.. The newest version of Qemu (12.2.3) can run the Windows NT versions for the MIPS on.. Windows.. And the older 0.90 could run Windows x64 on a win32 machine!

I'm looking for one that can do MIPS RISC/OS, which is the same basic hardware but in big-endian mode.

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O200: :ChallengeL:
neozeed wrote:

NT for MIPS , I've seen people mentioning it (about wanting to try it with actual hardware), is it any good? To clarify, in so far it ever is any “good” ... more like a curiosity in this case.

I can't speak to the question of "any good" <never had the hardware>, but if you do run across the hardware <and your curiosity ever rises to the level of trying it>, the MIPS version shouldn't be too hard to find. The standard NT 3.51 x86 install disk includes versions for all supported hardware platforms:
Attachment:
NT351.JPG
NT351.JPG [ 75.2 KiB | Viewed 40 times ]

* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
I have the NT 4 CD somewhere, I was wanting to try it with an AlphaServer of mine. But then I wondered, is it really worth it? The only interesting ‘third party’ NT AXP software was LightWave 3D (5.6 being the only version, if I'm not mistaken, the same and only version that also appeared for IRIX ) and to have to track that down would be a pain... Besides, NT AXP wasn't as rare as NT MIPS or PowerPC (both received relatively the poorest support, from what I remember).

Back on-topic, would anyone know perhaps if it's possible — and if so, how — to boot off an ISO image? Is it also possible to increase the virtual RAM? Needless to say, I'm new to this emulator. I gave it a try for the first time today.

actually i'm doing everyone the honor of knowing how to read, and what these products are, without needless punctuation and formatting. forums are informal, you're not getting graded on grammar. the italics actually make it hard to read because they render so poorly; which is why you don't see anyone else using them.

but, seriously where do you get the idea that italicizing the names of products is even correct grammar? so me the rule and i'll shut up.

I didn't say that, you're putting words in my mouth. I'm one step away from putting you in my ignore list. I don't have time for this. This is last I've said about this, I hope you'll be adult enough to let it finally go.

so, you condemn me for not capitalizing based on your need to defend the use of the rules of grammar, but there is no grammatical reason you could find for your use of italics. i didn't think so, your stance has no defense. fine ignore away, you've lost your basis for italics other than the need to look fancy.

Plus you are arguing with someone who is not a native English speaker.

Emachines PC 3.0GHz Dual Core (Intel)
Custom Built Ubuntu PC 1.207GHz (AMD)
Mac G4 1.25GHz
Thank you indyman007, it seems that some of the younger people are more adult than the actual so-called ‘adults.’

skywriter wrote:
so, you condemn me (..)

I don't “condemn” anyone (nice melodramatic touch there), I don't care what you do, I was merely returning the favour. I regret having done so, I didn't realize I was dealing with a very immature individual. Also, I seem to remember that you started this by making a rather unnecessary and off-topic remark, now didn't you? In fact, you're still continuing to derail this thread.

This is the last I've said regarding this. (I already said that two posts ago, so this is final).

there, that's all i was looking for.

thanks!

foetz wrote:

I'm looking for one that can do MIPS RISC/OS, which is the same basic hardware but in big-endian mode.

Well... I would give Qemu a shot.... I mean if it can run ARC & NT ...

Check here for some information:
http://virtuallyfun.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... -past.html

And the latest Qemu binaries for win32:
http://vpsland.superglobalmegacorp.com/ ... 0.12.3.zip

I don't have MIPS OS... so I can't test much else.... But go ahead & give it a shot.

NT for MIPS , I've seen people mentioning it (about wanting to try it with actual hardware), is it any good? To clarify, in so far it ever is any “good” ... more like a curiosity in this case.

With a C compiler it's usable... kind of like any other old machine....
I've managed to find Visual C++ 2.0 & 4.0 for the MIPS... and the NT 3.1 SDK had the cli version of the tools for what would have been VC 1.0...

There is a port of gcc to the Dec Alpha, so if you don't have the MS tools you can at least run that.

I've managed to build...
f2c (the fortran 2 C translator)
dungeon 2.56 (the portable fortran version converted into C, then built natively)
Quake 1
Neko
0irc
Nethack .....

I guess it comes down to what ever you can find source for, lots of things will just compile.. minivmac doesn't run on the MIPS but it runs on the Alpha... go figure. It's like running some ancient Unix..