SGI: Video

New Editing Software for 02?

Holy CRAP!!!!!

I've been off the block for a month or so and come back and find that Diego is pushing this app along quite nicely.

I love what I see Diego. Very very nice. Glad you stuck around here. :D

On pricing:
I'm of the mindset that there is a great burgeoning need for lower-priced apps (specifically for O2 machines). Why? There are boatloads of O2s selling on eBay and the "new IRIX user" market is growing. What these users don't see out there is affordable software to utilize the O2 they just bought.

I believe you can make more money selling 3-10X the software at lower prices than selling small quantities of software at higher prices.

I know I've not bought ANY software for the O2 simply because I do not like the possibility of spending > $250 US on a piece of software and then finding out that the software doesn't even suit me or at least give me a "WHIZ*BANG* effect.

If there were a version doing quite a few things running < $100 US, I would buy it. At the same time, a "full-featured" version running > $250 would entice me to pick that up after using the inexpensive version.

I would very much like to see PartixFX (I always want to type this as PartiFX.. without the lower case 'x').
Scott Tarr wrote: Holy CRAP!!!!!

I've been off the block for a month or so and come back and find that Diego is pushing this app along quite nicely.

I love what I see Diego. Very very nice. Glad you stuck around here. :D

Welcome to the thread Scott!
The two programs are getting nice... ;)

On pricing:
I'm of the mindset that there is a great burgeoning need for lower-priced apps (specifically for O2 machines). Why? There are boatloads of O2s selling on eBay and the "new IRIX user" market is growing. What these users don't see out there is affordable software to utilize the O2 they just bought.

I'll be offering a nice discount to Nekochan forum users; and therefore there'll be a discount on the IRIX version of PartixFX. VideoTrackerRT there'll be an IRIX only app.

I believe you can make more money selling 3-10X the software at lower prices than selling small quantities of software at higher prices.

I know I've not bought ANY software for the O2 simply because I do not like the possibility of spending > $250 US on a piece of software and then finding out that the software doesn't even suit me or at least give me a "WHIZ*BANG* effect.

I hope that we can achieve on both softwares the " "WHIZ*BANG* Effect " :) In fact: I'll be naming a Preset with such name! (Sorry, just kidding)

If there were a version doing quite a few things running < $100 US, I would buy it. At the same time, a "full-featured" version running > $250 would entice me to pick that up after using the inexpensive version.

I have to work a few (well: a lot :roll: ) more even, before the production version be ready. But I don't want an overpriced app. The commercial (Full) version of PartixFX was priced many months ago, a lot higher than VideoTrackerRT, considering many other facts, like the real-world physics module, and a soon-implemented possibility to run parallel on Origin and Altix systems. Anyway, I'll be revisiting cost-factors on Pfx too, probably dividing the line on two apps (Uni-Processor / Multi-Processor), to get one version inexpensive for hobbyists too.

As you know; VideoTrackerRT was not thinked as for sale; and was an experiment, time ago. Then was implemented like a module on PartixFX. Now, following the suggestions here in the forum :D , is getting an stand-alone app.

I would very much like to see PartixFX (I always want to type this as PartiFX.. without the lower case 'x').

Yeap!, peoples loves the name "VideoTrackerRT", but PartixFX seems difficult to pronounce
:roll:
Today I was completing the insulation of about 4500 code lines from PartixFX, that there'll be constituting the first version of VideoTrackerRT, along with 2500 new code lines...

AND...

...the basic functionalities of the new NLE Videoeditting System are working perfect now! :D

Only to increase the dramatic accent over this situation, the screenshots this time are omitted intentionally!

...Oh!, I forget the mention: the GUI was changed substantially...

Anybody is interested to see it??? 8)

I'll not be publishing pictures if I can't see at least twelve hands waving by the hights of this room.

...And yes; I'm serious! :twisted:
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Here is one!

Craig>Timberoz
I second that
The third is HERE!!!

HANDS UP!!!
ditto
ruckusman wrote: I second that

OK; We just need to see nine waving-hands-up more, to see the new baby's picture...!!! :D
both my hands up!! :lol:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better"
Dubhthach wrote: both my hands up!! :lol:

hehehehehe! :lol: ...Only one counts!

...We just need seven more! ;)
I'm interested!
MY HANDS IS UP TOO

MIS
Best regards

MIS
My hands are up too!
11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4...